What's new

Terrorist attack, hostage situation in Dhaka ; Analysis & Footage

How does it help being a Trump supporter if you're Canadian?

Why should being Canadian have anything to do with it? The US govt is a glutton right now (a huge inefficient transfer authority through application of force, printing money recklessly and ballooning its debt like there's no tomorrow)...anything that stalls or even reverses its ungainly proliferation is a good thing for the whole world given the size and impact of the US economy.....on Canada and elsewhere.

Outside of economics, I basically see Trump as the lesser of the evils (w.r.t Hillary + Sanders)....and having the potential to break the monotony of the currenty duopoly in US politics. For one, he wouldn't be so incompetent/outright short-sighted to run a private server handling national security matters....nor does he promise profligate govt spending as a cheap means to popularity among the debt saddled youth (i.e encourage more heroin to solve a heroin addicts problem).

Anyway its a long complicated explanation, and its off topic anyways. Maybe we can continue the discussion in another thread.

Does it make it safer if we cut Islam from the constitution? It will make the terrorists more determined to do further terror attacks.

BTW,the Italians and Europeans are now much more safer than they ever were.Now the goverment is heavily focusing on internal security and tens of thousands of police is on the streets.And now we know how a terrorist attack is like,we will be much more focused on preventing further attacks. The internal security will get a hell lot tighter now.

Frankly,our goverment does not feel safe to put the commando forces in the capital.We have a long history of military coups and the 2009 Munity and Pilkhana Massacre is a resemblance of that,soo the goverment is trying to keep them as far from the capital as possible.

AND WE WERE NOT PREPARED FOR SUCH AN ATTACK..Thats why it took much time...We never expected ISIS to come here...

BY THE WAY,THE ISIS DID THE ATTACK NOT BANGLADESH!

I see a couple of things happening because of this.

1. Further tightening of security around Gulshan/Baridhara (already pretty tight) in the form of pre-approved passes/Biometric ID cards.

2. Increase in surveillance (almost to police state level).

3. Increase of security in large public gathering places (heavily armed guards)

I see a couple of things happening because of this.

1. Further tightening of security around Gulshan/Baridhara (already pretty tight) in the form of pre-approved passes/Biometric ID cards.

2. Increase in surveillance (almost to police state level).

3. Increase of security in large public gathering places (heavily armed guards)

OR 1 + 2 +3

@MarkusS Do you see how they are already blaming India (instead of their own society) and resorting to conspiracy theories regarding the logic of "who benefits".

It is a common phenomenon in the Muslim world unfortunately, and it looks like it will not change any time soon.

You are completely correct in putting sanctions on them till they change this mindset....on top of holding them to physical results on the ground.

ah it's better if Indonesia is not associated with that kind of Muslim world

BTW, right now what Bangladesh must do is trying to keep the masses calm and prevent the media to hyped it too much. Terrorist action is need media hype to promoting their agenda and spread the terror to the masses

I don't like a lot about Trump, but he is the first non-politician to make it this far and has a serious chance to stick it to the washington elites in a serious way (who have thus far controlled the election coin flip completely in modern times).

Hillary is like 10 times worse than Trump, who are you kidding. She is just another rubber stamp bought and paid for by wall street and political big wigs. Bush under democrat colours basically (spend the debt on long term unstable welfare programs rather than the republicans preference: war).

The problem with Trump is he is too random, no one knows how is going to behave next second. Granted he is a businessman and you have to dumb down your messge if you want to make it attractive to masses, however I rarely see coherency in Trump's actions.

With Hillary you know what you are getting, trigger happy foreign policy hawk who lies through her teeth and will probably start another war in Middle East, but will maintain economic status quo, with Trump it's uncharted territory!

It's fine to be friendly with Wall Street, they have to accountable but too much regulations stall growth, so you have to maintain a fine balance, not sure if Trump has the temperament!

The problem with Trump is he is too random, no one knows how is going to behave next second. Granted he is a businessman and you have to dumb down your messge if you want to make it attractive to masses, however I rarely see coherency in Trump's actions.

With Hillary you know what you are getting, trigger happy foreign policy hawk who lies through her teeth and will probably start another war in Middle East, but will maintain economic status quo, with Trump it's uncharted territory!

It's fine to be friendly with Wall Street, they have to accountable but too much regulations stall growth, so you have to maintain a fine balance, not sure if Trump has the temperament!

Im fine with taking a gamble than the usual same old figurehead maintaining the decline into long term debt and utter financial ruin.

Im fine with taking a gamble than the usual same old figurehead maintaining the decline into long term debt and utter financial ruin.
You wouldn't want to take chance when wall st provides you employment! ;)

So why no constant protests till the situation is rectified? Either Bangladeshis on the whole support BAL govt (compared to alternatives) or Bangaldeshis really are that servile/docile politically at least. So which one is it? Either one is bad for you really.
Are U kidding me or U are acting cute? The worst ever violence in the history of local election probably in the world caused many deaths and thousands of injured, maimed. Many oppositions rejected the votes and the magnitude of wholesale, wanton robbery by RAWAMY goons weren't seen anywhere before in BD.

You wouldn't want to take chance when wall st provides you employment! ;)

I actually somewhat work for the military industrial complex that will suffer somewhat from Trump policies most likely. But long term benefits are more important I think.

Are U kidding me or U are acting cute? The worst ever violence in the history of local election probably in the world caused many deaths and thousands of injured, maimed. Many oppositions rejected the votes and the magnitude of wholesale, wanton robbery by RAWAMY goons weren't seen anywhere before in BD.

So Bangladeshis really are that weak then to allow this to continue in their country. I am not seeing the demonstrations at all these days that would suggest that majority of the country wants BAL gone.

You worked hard , Thank you, That was not supporting. It was when ISIS first came out and they didnt operate outside battle zone. I wasnt wrong. was I??

Took me 3 mins tops, time well spent exposing an IS supporter.

It was when ISIS first came out and they didnt operate outside battle zone. I wasnt wrong. was I??

You were either too naive or a terrorist supporter or both. BTW you did not answer my question. Do you consider them terrorists now?

So Bangladeshis really are that weak then to allow this to continue in their country. I am not seeing the demonstrations at all these days that would suggest that majority of the country wants BAL gone.
Yes, exactly. Bdeshis have become weaker than most of them even can imagine (Portion of the write up from the relevant article to thread ...এশিয়া-প্যাসিপিক অঞ্চলে পাকিস্তান থেকে ছিটকে বেরিয়ে এসে কান্ডারীহীন নৌকা মার্কা স্বাধীন বাংলাদেশ মানচিত্রে নাম লেখানোর পর থেকে নিজ সন্তানদের জীবন বলি দেয়ার অন্যতম বিশ্বকেন্দ্র হয়ে চলেছে।এখানে বিশ্বমানের বীরের জন্ম হয় অগণিত।নিজেকে চিনবার আগে,বুঝবার,জানবার আগে হত্যার শিকার হয়ে বিদায় হয়ে যায় এই মহাবীররা।একে একে অথবা একত্রিত করে নির্মূলে পাঠানো হয় ঘাতকের আঘাতে আঘাতে.. http://www.sheikhnews.com/2016/07/03/abuzaforusa-13/ ). It is only me that has been pointing it out here but to see the contrary AKA glorification by some of the Dalarer Bacchas. U don't see demonstration because police shoot at protesters like UR soldiers shoot at Kashmiries, which hasn't been prevalant at BD but practiced by RAWAMY dalals. So people are suffocating toward unnatural death. Nevertheless, people fought against oppressive regime before farcical election with more intensity than separatists fought against PAK army in 71.

Last edited:
because police shoot at protesters like UR soldiers shoot at Kashmiries

And Bangladesh Army allows such travesty to happen? I have hard time believing it....and I have my own collection of Bangladeshi friends with their contacts and extended families inside the country....they do not give me this impression. Yes its not nice the manner in which the elections were won.....but they say more or less people accept BAL because the economy is improving and jobs and industry are relatively stable. Price always increase, but little can be done about that without a qualitative change in all of Bangladesh political elite.

Anyway why bring up Kashmir? Kashmiris for most part accept union with India (more than 2/3rds turn out to vote in elections both national and state)....I have been to Kashmir myself, people are doing quite well and are improving their lives....they want peace and stability and realise India is the only one that can provide it.

Nevertheless, people fought against oppressive regime before farcical election with more intensity than separatists fought against PAK army in 71.

That is quite a bold statement. Does it mean if India did not intervene, the 1971 liberation struggle would have similarly fell quickly like a damp squib like the freedom struggle has against BAL (that you claim was/is there)?

You are saying a genocide is going on now inside Bangladesh to a larger extent than in 1971, perpetrated by BAL...so there is a greater "intensity" against it and that evil BAL has succeeded anyway?

@bongbang Can you tell this guy what the realities are?

And Bangladesh Army allows such travesty to happen? I have hard time believing it....and I have my own collection of Bangladeshi friends with their contacts and extended families inside the country....they do not give me this impression. Yes its not nice the manner in which the elections were won.....but they say more or less people accept BAL because the economy is improving and jobs and industry are relatively stable. Price always increase, but little can be done about that without a qualitative change in all of Bangladesh political elite.

Anyway why bring up Kashmir? Kashmiris for most part accept union with India (more than 2/3rds turn out to vote in elections both national and state)....I have been to Kashmir myself, people are doing quite well and are improving their lives....they want peace and stability and realise India is the only one that can provide it.

That is quite a bold statement. Does it mean if India did not intervene, the 1971 liberation struggle would have similarly fell quickly like a damp squib like the freedom struggle has against BAL (that you claim was/is there)?

You are saying a genocide is going on now inside Bangladesh to a larger extent than in 1971, perpetrated by BAL...so there is a greater "intensity" against it and that evil BAL has succeeded anyway?

@bongbang Can you tell this guy what the realities are?
If U don't believe me then ask Kobiraj, MBI or any honest BDeshis on the board to tell U whether polices have been mercilessly killing people or not. Or go to YouTube to see police firing on protesters or how mercilessly AWAMY polices are killing innocent, unarmed BNP, JI supporters. I have hundreds of videos to show to you but contents are too scary that would warrant my ban here.

I have brought Kashmir because AWAMYs are dalals and UR leaders have been taking such measure against Kashmiries.

India indeed ran the whole saga and intervened before March 71 but without its active military participant, PAK couldn't have been broken, IMO. A historian once stated that phony genocide for political capital would lead to real one. Seems like Almighty is teaching us by his way.

Back
Top Bottom