What's new

Terrorist Modi supporter Hindutva Pig attempts to attack Masjid in Toronto area (Markham)

Haan to bhai tujhe color commentary kr liye tag kiya he na. Learned opinion ke liye to @Paitoo ko tag kiya. Tension na le.
I am also not well versed with this subject. Whatever knowledge I have is through lived experiences and not by examining scholarly treatises. From whatever I understand -

Hinduism does not have a starting point or a founder so it naturally becomes difficult to define it using the lens of more organised Abrahamic religions. Though Hindus like to treat Gita has 'the' holy book, I say it is a bit reactionary because other religions have their Bible and Torah and Quran, so a need was felt that we need a "single source of truth" too, otherwise non Hindus will propagate that Hindus don't know where to look for inspiration and are a confused lot. The truth is that Gita is just one of the many texts - Puranas, Upanishads, Shastras, Vedas that contribute to Hindu philosophy. While the Gita is from a specific point in time, the others are a collection of philosophies that came up during a much longer period, in different parts of the country.

What complicates things is the mix of philosophical elements, which are relatively more timeless, with mythological elements and actual historical events. The latter are more appealing because of their story-like nature and have become part of the consciousness of most Hindus. All the festivals that we celebrate come from the latter and this is taken to be Hinduism by outsiders. Many Hindus (including me) haven't read any of the philosophical elements, but we take it for a fact that they contain wise things. To be honest, I don't think there is a huge mass of well read believers in any religion. Most follow a few 'must haves' and rest of the religious identity is more of a negation - "I am not a Hindu", "I am not a Muslim"

For someone who wants to deliberate more on the philosophical elements, it is a daunting task and a full time job. You have to be a Swamy / Baba / Guru, whatever you call it, to master it. The second best way is to become a disciple of some Swamy and learn from them. Many do this and find answers to the many questions that they face in life. Many of these, who have found answers, will continue to believe in the mythological elements, partly out of cultural reasons, but mainly due to the fact that no amount of philosophy can explain creation properly, and you need to fall back on the anchor of God.

I know this is not exactly the answer you are looking for, but this is about as much a man with limited knowledge can explain. As a closing comment, I would say that the complications surrounding Hinduism wouldn't have existed if there were no other religions. There would have been no need to define Hinduism. Until Buddhism came, there was no 'other'. Hinduism continued to absorb local beliefs and knowledge as it expanded, but the arrival of Buddhism suddenly meant that you could be a non Hindu. True, there are denominations like Shaivites and Viashnavites, but these are not antagonistic. They are about what you prioritise.

Aye he was a visionary. He got the best deal (at the time) for partition. Very ambitious indeed.
Would Jinnah be proud of his achievements if he were alive now? I doubt it.
Not his fault what's happening today. But ours. We did our best to derail the train he set moving, else we would have been somewhere by now.

There's still the potential but seems to be slipping away with time.

I am also not well versed with this subject. Whatever knowledge I have is through lived experiences and not by examining scholarly treatises. From whatever I understand -

Hinduism does not have a starting point or a founder so it naturally becomes difficult to define it using the lens of more organised Abrahamic religions. Though Hindus like to treat Gita has 'the' holy book, I say it is a bit reactionary because other religions have their Bible and Torah and Quran, so a need was felt that we need a "single source of truth" too, otherwise non Hindus will propagate that Hindus don't know where to look for inspiration and are a confused lot. The truth is that Gita is just one of the many texts - Puranas, Upanishads, Shastras, Vedas that contribute to Hindu philosophy. While the Gita is from a specific point in time, the others are a collection of philosophies that came up during a much longer period, in different parts of the country.

What complicates things is the mix of philosophical elements, which are relatively more timeless, with mythological elements and actual historical events. The latter are more appealing because of their story-like nature and have become part of the consciousness of most Hindus. All the festivals that we celebrate come from the latter and this is taken to be Hinduism by outsiders. Many Hindus (including me) haven't read any of the philosophical elements, but we take it for a fact that they contain wise things. To be honest, I don't think there is a huge mass of well read believers in any religion. Most follow a few 'must haves' and rest of the religious identity is more of a negation - "I am not a Hindu", "I am not a Muslim"

For someone who wants to deliberate more on the philosophical elements, it is a daunting task and a full time job. You have to be a Swamy / Baba / Guru, whatever you call it, to master it. The second best way is to become a disciple of some Swamy and learn from them. Many do this and find answers to the many questions that they face in life. Many of these, who have found answers, will continue to believe in the mythological elements, partly out of cultural reasons, but mainly due to the fact that no amount of philosophy can explain creation properly, and you need to fall back on the anchor of God.

I know this is not exactly the answer you are looking for, but this is about as much a man with limited knowledge can explain. As a closing comment, I would say that the complications surrounding Hinduism wouldn't have existed if there were no other religions. There would have been no need to define Hinduism. Until Buddhism came, there was no 'other'. Hinduism continued to absorb local beliefs and knowledge as it expanded, but the arrival of Buddhism suddenly meant that you could be a non Hindu. True, there are denominations like Shaivites and Viashnavites, but these are not antagonistic. They are about what you prioritise.
Thank you.

I think since there is no "prophet" of Hinduism, no single source like in Abrahamic religions, and since it's s been around for so long, it picked up a lot of influence over time and was subject to interpretations. The result being a wide variety of related philosophies, and a large pantheon. The whole polytheistic element also adds to the confusion for us Abrahamics.

If you were to extract the most basic truth of all those philosophies or what is commonly perceived as Hinduism, what would it be?

In Abrahamic religions, it's the belief that Adam was the first human. He disobeyed the one true God, the Maker. Was exiled from heaven as punishment. Given certain rules to live life by and at the end, there will be judgement. Those who passed will be let back into heaven, those who failed, well, they fkd around, now they're about to find out. :lol:

The rules are different for all three of us. For Christians, it's "Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior" (whatever that means, because no offense but they sure don't seem to follow anything he said.)

Jews seem to have a better idea.

Ofcourse, nothing rivals the Muslims' conviction. We'll take over entire continents (railway tracks included :D) but dang it, we'll make some space for offering namaz

@-=virus=- , bhai sb ajao, color commentary bhi mujhe karni par rhi he.

Last edited:
@-=virus=- , bhai sb ajao, color commentary bhi mujhe karni par rhi he.
bro, tujhe 4realz interest hai to..

basically, 3 hain streams Sanatan Dharm ki.. shaivism, vaishnavism and shaktism.

inko google kar lo, everything flows from there

not to be confused with the Hindu trinity of gods:

Brahma the creator

Vishnu the preserver

Shiva the destroyer

Brahma has p3do tendencies, had a go at his own daughter or something creepy like this.. and got cursed that he'll never be worshiped again despite being the creator guy.. only 1 Brahma temple exists in all of India, in Pushkar.

Vishnu nice guy.. Krishna was an avatar of him.

Shiva, ate meat and hung out with the demons.. the busy warrior who beheaded his son Ganesh who tried stoping him from geting in the shower with his wife (ganesh's mum) when he returned from a tour of duty.. wifey dearest was horrified and sent him on a quest to find a head replacement.. stoner Shiva returned with an elephant head.. etc :P

Legend has it he once also fought with his wife, got real mad, and went and smoked pot and meditated for a few thousand years in what is now known as Parvati valley... where the world's best most potent pot grows. :smokin:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

where's Manavan when we need him the most ?

banned of course.

which is a shame, he'd rip me a new one every time when it came to ancient Dharmic lore and knowledge...

but credit where due, man was/is a srs reservoir of all sorts of esoteric arcane hindu lore, knowledge and other shite

Ofcourse, nothing rivals the Muslims' conviction. We'll take over entire continents (railway tracks included :D) but dang it, we'll make some space for offering namaz
@-=virus=- @Paitoo
mmn9ehgnuo181.jpg

bro, tujhe 4realz interest hai to..

basically, 3 hain streams Sanatan Dharm ki.. shaivism, vaishnavism and shaktism.

inko google kar lo, everything flows from there

not to be confused with the Hindu trinity of gods:

Brahma the creator

Vishnu the preserver

Shiva the destroyer

Brahma has p3do tendencies, had a go at his own daughter or something creepy like this.. and got cursed that he'll never be worshiped again despite being the creator guy.. only 1 Brahma temple exists in all of India, in Pushkar.

Vishnu nice guy.. Krishna was an avatar of him.

Shiva, ate meat and hung out with the demons.. the busy warrior who beheaded his son Ganesh who tried stoping him from geting in the shower with his wife (ganesh's mum) when he returned from a tour of duty.. wifey dearest was horrified and sent him on a quest to find a head replacement.. stoner Shiva returned with an elephant head.. etc :P

Legend has it he once also fought with his wife, got real mad, and went and smoked pot and meditated for a few thousand years in what is now known as Parvati valley... where the world's best most potent pot grows. :smokin:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

where's Manavan when we need him the most ?

banned of course.

which is a shame, he'd rip me a new one every time when it came to ancient Dharmic lore and knowledge...

but credit where due, man was/is a srs reservoir of all sorts of esoteric arcane hindu lore, knowledge and other shite
Now, this is how you teach about this stuff. 10/10
Google color commentary nih karta, is leye tere se poocha.

Doosra ye ke, Roz roz aap logon se engage krna hota he. Be nice to know some background. That's all. Wese bhi Itna academic keera nhi rha, wese hi for the sake of conversation poocha. Aur itna time ho mere paas to Lord of the Rings na dekh ln phir se. Itnay time se mind bna rha hn. Aaj aik order cancel hua big one. And I might be quitting so before things go even more downhill (I can't enjoy movies etc when I am sad, defeats the purpose), I think I should watch it.

lol

but "pajeet exterminator", eh ?

meray final form ko summon mat kro pls

otherwije.. ye bhai aa jayega and ruin everyone's holy month

View attachment 924213
lol, I didn't even see that. r/izlam se mila. I love that sub. Once or twice a year I go on a r/Izlam spree

Now, this is how you teach about this stuff. 10/10
Google color commentary nih karta, is leye tere se poocha.

Doosra ye ke, Roz roz aap logon se engage krna hota he. Be nice to know some background. That's all. Wese bhi Itna academic keera nhi rha, wese hi for the sake of conversation poocha. Aur itna time ho mere paas to Lord of the Rings na dekh ln phir se. Itnay time se mind bna rha hn. Aaj aik order cancel hua big one. And I might be quitting so before things go even more downhill (I can't enjoy movies etc when I am sad, defeats the purpose), I think I should watch it.
thnx bro, you're welcome

aapke paas kya, kisi ke paas time ni hai hamari ancient kahania parhne ka :D

I done a bit of diving into it all, too deep too vast, much of it beyond me even tbh

itna interest bhi ni hai in sab cheezon m mera

-------------

what order cancel, man ? trouble at the workplace/bijness ?

koi ni, it'll work out.. Laxmi, goddess of prosperity and wealth ke naam ka ek laddoo kha lo (chup chaap, don't tell anyone) ..

and one her husband Ganesh Ji (remover of obstacles) k naam ki barfee bhi

Ancestors ko yaad karo

tathastu !

Aaj aik order cancel hua big one.

Koyi nahi. Yahan to ek arsay se tough time chal raha hai. Have got so many punches in the last 3 years, I have become very tenacious. Have developed such a IDGAF attitude, my confidence is much better.

Is "not castrated" version of Islam followed in Pakistan?
In that case I rather take the castrated version over the one followed in Pakistan, where hurting a mullahs feels will get you lynched by a mullah mob, while the mullah is molesting kids in his madrassa.
You are a prime example of this - you've been castrated and accepted the propaganda that this islam = child molestation.

Aye he was a visionary. He got the best deal (at the time) for partition. Very ambitious indeed.
Would Jinnah be proud of his achievements if he were alive now? I doubt it.
It was not Jinnah's fault. It is the best thing that ever happened to us.
These are our own mistakes. Why blame Jinnah?
We are victims of our own shortcomings but at least we are not oppressed by RSS or any other idealogy.
Muslims and other minorities in India are a stark reminder of that.
And No! Jinnah will never be proud of our achievements.

It was not Jinnah's fault. It is the best thing that ever happened to us.
These are our own mistakes. Why blame Jinnah?
We are victims of our own shortcomings but at least we are not oppressed by RSS or any other idealogy.
Muslims and other minorities in India are a stark reminder of that.
And No! Jinnah will never be proud of our achievements.
I never blamed Jinnah, in fact being an "enemy" I praised his tactic. He got one of the best deals out of this, we basically got a small country with warring princely states which required military intervention and a lot of diplomacy.
The situation of minorities in India especially Muslims is quite overblown out of proportion. Largely they are poor and form the bottom rung, lack education and are exploited for votes in return for representation and development which they didn't get. The other minorities in India got a favourable situation, be they Christians or Sikhs.
I was merely responding to the regionalist comment when this guy said Gujarati Muslims are Afghans on steroids when he forgot the Quaid-e-Azam was a Gujarati Muslim.

modi will put paid to india being a secular country if he hasn't already done so. india is still a third world country with a very low standard of living. Hence a backward nation. It is not developed nation like the european nations or China.
Unlike Pakistan, Indian economy is ranked 5th. Your economy is sinking day by day. Within 1 year, PKR has increased by 188 to 288/ . PKR has lost its value by more 50%. Soon a dollar will be equal to 500 if the present situation continues in Pakistan, quotes Shahbaz Sharif.

Pakistan has to pay foreign loans amounting to 76 Billion dollars in the next 2years.

Back
Top Bottom