What's new

Terrorists block Babusar road, take GB minister and two foreigners hostage

I remember posting a video clip on this forum last year, where this militant commander was giving interview to a media guy near Babusar top, and it was repeatedly deleted as propaganda, even after BBC urdu reported on the incident. I was also issued warnings to not post it again, I believe The Eagle was the mod. But that was back when there was dosti between pti fanboys and the army fanboys. Lets see how it's seen now.

Tourists, minister trapped as ‘militants’ block Babusar Road in GB

Jamil Nagri Published October 8, 2022 Updated about 5 hours ago

GILGIT: Militants set up blockades on one of the major arteries linking Khyber Pakhtunkhwa with Gilgit-Baltistan, leaving a senior minister and several tourists stranded on Babusar Road near Chilas on Friday, sources told Dawn.

A voice clip shared on social media purportedly features Senior GB Minister Abaidullah Baig as saying that he was on his way from Islamabad to Gilgit when militants blocked the road to press authorities for the release of their accomplices from jail.

Sources said Habibur Rahman, GB’s most wanted militant commander who was accused of killing 10 foreigners in Nanga Parbat, and his accomplices blocked the road in Thak Village of Chilas in Diamer on Friday around 4pm, leaving travellers on both sides stranded.

Sources said the militants were demanding the release of their accomplices, including those involved in the gruesome murder of foreigners in the Nanga Parbat area and other terrorist incidents in Diamer.

Dawn tried to contact police and officials to confirm the reports, however, no one responded until the filing of this report on Friday night.

Sources said political leaders and officials from the district were engaged in negotiations with the militants.

Later, an interview said to be that of the GB minister surfaced on social media. In the audio clip, a man could be heard saying that negotiations with the commanders were underway who had two basic demands. “They have sought release of their accomplices from jails and imposition of Islamic laws, with no women sports activities,” he said.

Published in Dawn, October 8th, 2022

Armed men kidnap GB minister, 2 foreigners from Babusar Road: police sources​

Senior GB Minister Abaid ullah Baig. — Geo.tv/File
Senior GB Minister Abaid ullah Baig. — Geo.tv/File

• Talks underway for release of Gilgit Baltistan minister.
  • Abaid ullah Baig was kidnapped from Babausar Road on Friday.
  • Religious figures and elders are holding talks with kidnappers.

SKARDU: Armed men demanding the release of their accomplices from jail have kidnapped a Gilgit-Baltistan minister and two foreigners from the Babusar Road, police sources said Saturday.

The sources told Geo News that GB Prisons Minister Abaid ullah Baig was on his way along with the foreigners from Islamabad to Gilgit when abducted by the terrorists.

Baig was elected from Hunza 6 on a PTI ticket.

Former GB government spokesperson Faizullah told the TV channel that he spoke to Abaid ullah Baig and talks were underway for his release.

Faizullah said he was present at the Jirga where negotiations are held with kidnappers.

“Religious figures and elders are also here in Thak Jal,” he added.

There was beef between TTP and Taliban where Talibs surrounded the house of a TTP guy in Afghanistan.
Yeah but ttp and Taliban are made up of many factions with different loyalties. Uyghur groups are still inside afg present and operating and during ttp’s time they were operating and even based out of waziristan for years. Ttp and Taliban controlling areas will mean foreign fighters will have it easier to move around and do attacks.
This was just one of my theories since usa would likely want to use Uyghur’s against China and they would need a country as a base for it. Afghanistan and parts of Pakistan is perfect for this.

There was beef between TTP and Taliban where Talibs surrounded the house of a TTP guy in Afghanistan.
They don’t even need to get along. “Islamist” groups controlling the area is good enough.

According to ISPR and Bajwa, Pakistan is better than ever.

Attachments

• 28530A16-28AE-4990-8CCF-9030068887F0.jpeg
    28530A16-28AE-4990-8CCF-9030068887F0.jpeg
    507.5 KB · Views: 16
I can totally see him including you in his next list, achaczai was right, Bhuggti was right, the fat guy najeeb something was right, ahaider was right, he was right and he was right on and on
If he doesn't make room for an islamist saraiki in his club, he's racist. We'll cancel him, I hear that's all the rage in America.

bro your location shows Pakistan, please be careful in what you're posting online. Don't assume anonymity.
They have a lot many things on their plate IK is making sure of that lol. All talks of vigo ai fizzled out. Turns out they cant pick everyone up in the country, especially a nobody.

They have a lot many things on their plate IK is making sure of that lol. All talks of vigo ai fizzled out. Turns out they cant pick everyone up in the country, especially a nobody.
I had FIA in mind. Some time ago they were investigating hundreds of people, many got sent notices and some were arrested. Tax money has to be spent somewhere.

I had FIA in mind. Some time ago they were investigating hundreds of people, many got sent notices and some were arrested. Tax money has to be spent somewhere.
Wo bi khana puri hai. Where are those guys?

Wo bi khana puri hai. Where are those guys?
I don't know, last I remember is they had arrested a senior doctor, I don't know became of his case. The thing is all it takes is one wrong man to get pissed off, then there are 1000 ways to harass an ordinary civilian.

This country has become a joke. Those responsible for our security are busy bringing criminals like Shareef family and Zardari back to power. Taliban are returning back. Uzair Baloch is about to be set free and biggest land grabber of Karachi is appointed Governor. This country is thrown to dogs by those who were supposed to protect it.

Mao killed many huns not because they were huns but becuase ROC huns did not subscribe to CCP ideology.

ANP was liberal and criticized Taliban hence paid the price.

Who has benefitted the most from ANP's demise. Obviuosly the PTI & TTP.
now you elaborated which is fine. your original post suggested that Pashtons are safe from TTP atrocities.

as for the last sentence this is something that can be argued (coupling of TTP and PTI as joint beneficiaries) but should not be dismissed as a blasphemy.

If I had said the same thing, you guys would have been lecturing me on Pakistani nationalism, and how I'm an Iranian mullah licker.
with an avatar like that it doesn't suit you to make excuses.
if you want to be true to your avatar and profile picture saying then you should not hold back from speaking the truth.
any Muslim worth his salt and faith quotes the Life and Death of Hazrat Ali RA as exemplary and Hazrat Omar RA took pride in seeking wisdom and advice from him from time to time.

I am still waiting for IK's statement on this. Why this strategic silence from IK & PTI?

Yeah keep repeating this nonsense.

Taliban and TTP are different.

TTP and PTM are different.

PTM and PTI are different.

No one is buying this crap any longer.

Everyone knows IK, PTI, Taliban, TTP, PTM all belong to the same flock.

They all just keep supporting each other covertly to undermine Pakistan.

Who has made a statement? The man isn't even in Parliament. I want a statement from your local chai wala - it's very significant too.

No statement from govt, DJ ice pyar or chief of DHA.

Can you explain more? What’s the truth?
I have some relatives in army but I speak to them rarely.
all I can share is that TTP resurgence is only because of complicity.

sharing on a social media and public forum is not worth any more than other countless tweets and news. what matters now is witnessing in person.

your relatives in the army wont know more than any average forum poster here. unless they are deployed in the area and involved in the direct operations even then they wont risk sharing such details over the phone or a chance meeting without risking their career unless they re your blood relatives and you are meeting in person.
stage is set for mass killing season 2 which will make the era of early to mid 2000s look like a holiday.

1) You cannot go to China from Afghanistan.
2) There’s lots of Chinese assets in Pakistan which could be attacked.
3) It weakens Pakistan so it won’t be a threat to india
4) It destroys the chances of cpec and Gwadar working and becoming a reality
For all this to happen it would mean Bajwa and Co would have to be complicit, question is what is being given in return?

Are you insinuating that there's elements in GHQ that are actively letting this happen?
one of my class fellows hails from Swat, he is one of the many people who has shared videos on our private group showing TTP bgun totting thugs. he is also one of the many businessmen who has received demands for regular payments.
his family members were slayed by the TTP in the early 2000s. I have no access to what happens in the GHQ but I have met people who have served at Pak Afghan border area
those people are from police, army and FC who have been ordered to stand down or look away while the TTP overtly or covertly moved in.
the TTP is now openly blocking the Kohistan road,

it just a matter of time when they with start their warmup executing people by the roadsides based on their names (Ali , Haider, Jafar ... you get the gist) after the sufficient warm up they will expand into attacking more indiscriminately and will yet again walk into a "heavily guarded military base" as if walking into a public shopping mall and kill dozens of personnel and destroy expensive military equipment.

is GHQ complicit? maybe not, but is it incompetent and indifferent? maybe yes.

Back
Top Bottom