What's new

Terrorists from Afghanistan attack Pakistani Kalash community two dead

Believe me, you won't find more peace loving people on the face of earth than these.
I hope their culture and ethics thrive, believe it or not; the reason why Kalash Valley looks so beautiful is holds it title due to the interaction of these people with the environment (fruit farming, terrace farming and restoration of the forests were undertaken throughout periods of time), the valley and the people are dependant on each other.

What a pity they are under threat.

Have you been there? It sounds so enviably idyllic.

What a pity they are under threat.

Have you been there? It sounds so enviably idyllic.
I know, plus tribal warfare has greatly threatened peace in Northern Areas as whole.
There was a scuffle between two tribes, one from NA and other from FATA/KPK. There were tribal gunmen patrolling the highways. I don't know what became of that ( I believe there is a thread about it).

Yes, my dadi is from Chitral.

They aren't really extinct; the whole of North used to be apart of the Kalash Culture; but once you convert to Islam - you're no longer apart of the Kalash. Most people were previously Kalash but now they are Muslim; there is only a small %age that still believes in Shamanism and they are considered Kalash.
Their ethics and cultures. The race itself is large in size, but most people in the valley even Muslims marry off and leave the valley and become distant from their roots, take my grandmother as an example. She is from the valley, but she is foreign to the culture.

It doesn’t look like Taliban attack. More like lawless Afghan population's plundering raid on our villages. Taliban do not have presence adjacent to Chitral. Chitral is a peaceful area and people are docile. If I am not wrong, Afghanistan attacked Chitral region in an attempt to annex it immediately after our independence. Till they were beaten back. So the question is, will Afghan government do anything about it? Like punishing those who killed during this looting raid. I'm pretty sure these are not Talibans because they don't raid villages for goats in Pakistan. These are Afghan folks with 17th century mentality. They thought it's a good idea to raid and plunder peaceful villages on Pakistan side. Will someone tell them what century is it now?!

It is the Afghan Talis / their brethrens TTP who are responsible for this.

The
This kind of terrorism is coducted by Afghan govt owned Ttp terrorists,and u will pay for this Heavily.

TTP is a Pakistani group who kills Pakistanis, we are not in the business of backing terrorist as some have done for decades in the region and continue to do so.
Recent test case has been the targeting of Mangal Bagh from Laskhire Islam in Jalalagood.

Strategic objectives?
What strategic objectives were achieved Orlando firing or by that guy in Nice? Or by countless other such incidents!
This is terrorism dear!!

Of Course this is a terrorist act.
But you cant link this unfortunate accident with Kashmir ,something that you tried in your first post.
If I am not wrong those lawless area is totally proliferated with weapons and crimes.
Perhaps hundred others like this might happen in there and I dont think there is a need for external help .

No chest thumping from so called "civil" society??? Or are they only available for army and ISI bashing on the will of foreign financers???

We must protect Kalash "aryans" at all costs.

TTP is a Pakistani group who kills Pakistanis, we are not in the business of backing terrorist as some have done for decades in the region and continue to do so.

Yet its leadership continues to enjoy sanctuaries in Afghanistan. Mullah Fazal ullah aka Mullah FM

Recent test case has been the targeting of Mangal Bagh from Laskhire Islam in Jalalagood.

As much as you want to take credit for this, Afghan government has simply no role in this. It was something between the Pakistanis and the US. Now when the strike took place and one of Pakistan most wanted man found in Afghanistan (No surprise here) you are desperately trying to prove as an achievement of your government. Pathetic attempt i would say. It was made clear to the visiting US delegation on what we expect from them and if they dont deliver than we will be forced to take matters into our own hands.

Kalash culture is already on verge of extinction, which person in their right minds would even think of harming these people?
The Government of Pakistan should enforce security measures which insure safety of these people.
@WAJsal
:(
That is a misconception, overtime they have evolved but the culture remains alive. I would say they are doing quite good compared to last 50 years or so ago...All in all it's quite misleading to state that, 'they are on verge of extinction.'

On topic: sad news, we need border management with Afghanistan. Rough times ahead and we should brace ourselves.

That is a misconception, overtime they have evolved but the culture remains alive. I would say they are doing quite good compared to last 50 years or so ago...All in all it's quite misleading to state that, 'they are on verge of extinction.'

On topic: sad news, we need border management with Afghanistan. Rough times ahead and we should brace ourselves.
These peoples their religion and cultures were brought to dwindling numbers in yet another of their lands, Nuristan. You won't find that many similarities between their Nuristani counterparts and them, nowadays, yet they were cousin tribes.
As I said in my later posts, the race is large in numbers. But Kalash culture and religion is dwindling.
All in all, like the original Nuristanis the Kalash people are threatened by violence, Afghanistan didn't take the measures to protect them, and look what happened.

TTP is umbrella term for Uzbeks, Uighurs and Al Qaida from countries other than Pakistan. No country would accept their role in hosting terrorists or using them as their proxies. Just like Mullah Mansoor and Mullah Omer died in Pakistan, Umar Mansoor Naary and Qari Saif Ullah were killed on Afghan Soil.

No chest thumping from so called "civil" society??? Or are they only available for army and ISI bashing on the will of foreign financers???
If terrorists cross our boundary and attack our people, i wonder who should be held responsible for that, People on border or Liberal in their drawing rooms?

Of Course this is a terrorist act.
But you cant link this unfortunate accident with Kashmir ,something that you tried in your first post.
If I am not wrong those lawless area is totally proliferated with weapons and crimes.
Perhaps hundred others like this might happen in there and I dont think there is a need for external help .
Well you are wrong about that being a "lawless area is totally proliferated with weapons and crime". You are confusing it some other place. This particular area is quite peaceful with crime rate near to nil. That is actually what is the reason of greater alarm and why i have said in all my posts that we cannot afford this, not in this area. You may want to look up the Kalash valley and see for yourself.

کالاش میں پاک-افغان سرحد پر حملہ، 2 پاکستانی ہلاک
dawnnews 29/July/2016, 21:02
a7b2b068122c24391a2166adfdbec60d

شاور: پاک افغان سرحد پر افغانستان کی حدود سے ہونے والے دہشت گردی کے حملے میں کالاش سے تعلق رکھنے والے دو پاکستانی شہری ہلاک ہوگئے۔

چترال ڈسٹرکٹ پولیس افسر آصف اقبال نے بتایا کہ 'بھاری ہتھیاروں سے لیس 30 کے قریب مسلح دہشت گرد پاکستانی سرحدی علاقے کالاش کے ایک گاؤں، بمبورت کے قریب سے داخل ہوئے'۔

حملے کی اطلاع کےبعد مقامی افراد میں بےچینی پھیل گئی اور جب وہ حملے کے مقام پر پہنچے تو اس وقت تک دہشت گرد فرار ہوچکے تھے۔

انھوں نے بتایا کہ دہشت گرد جاتے ہوئے 300 بکریاں بھی ساتھ لے گئے۔

خیال رہے کہ رواں سال اپریل میں سیکیورٹی فورسز نے طورخم سرحد کے قریب افغانستان سے دہشت گردوں کی دراندازی کی کوشش کو ناکام بنادیا تھا، جس میں افغانستان سے تعلق رکھنے والے 16 دہشت گرد ہلاک ہوگئے تھے۔

مذکورہ واقعے میں سیکیورٹی فورسز نے دعویٰ کیا تھا کہ علاقے کے سرچ آپریشن کے دوران 12 حملہ آوروں کی لاشیں ملی ہیں۔http://newshub.uodoo.com/p/detail/2...blauputoggdnw&ch=card&webapps=0&ch1=list_auto

@Mr.Meap @Mugwop @waz @django @The Sandman @Hell hound @Gufi @Arsalan @User @Jonah Arthur
It shows how dead they are now
Is nds and raw stopped providing them goats n khajoors??

Are you saying Afghan government has lost control of "Kuran wa Munjan " and "Zebak" districts as well? That could be only explanation. Other would be these killers and looters came with assistance from ANA! Take your pick.

I have great respect for people of Chitral. They are peaceful, courageous and very hospitable. To tell you the truth, I am furious that they were targeted from Afghan soil. Those thugs would have received a befitting reply if they ventured in Wazirstan area. They picked on peaceful community instead.

Back
Top Bottom