What's new

Textbook sparks row over mosque depicted as noise pollutant

I have simple question, do you find azaan inconvenient because it is 'noise' or because it is muslim noise.

If it is just a question of noise, 5 times a day, brief utterance is no where near to the 9 days of competitive blaring that is our Nau Durga Jagran. I mean only time where Azaan can be inconvenient to you is in morning when you are sleeping. Rest, I guess it is very brief to be even a concern.

If it is an issue because it is muslim 'noise' then its a totally differnt issue.
I hate noise per se. I complain about noise from wedding processions and from other religious festivals too. I was once at a friend's place and after a night of too much drinking stayed over - he just moved into the 19th floor close to Bombay central. Early in the morning at 5.30 or so - I was awoken by no less than 8-9 simultaneously blaring Azaans. Durga Jagran is not a problem in Mumbai but Ganapati is and after 10 when permission ceases, I call the cops to get mandals to shut it if I am disturbed.

I have simple question, do you find azaan inconvenient because it is 'noise' or because it is muslim noise.

If it is just a question of noise, 5 times a day, brief utterance is no where near to the 9 days of competitive blaring that is our Nau Durga Jagran. I mean only time where Azaan can be inconvenient to you is in morning when you are sleeping. Rest, I guess it is very brief to be even a concern.

If it is an issue because it is muslim 'noise' then its a totally differnt issue.

I don't find it "inconvenient", I find it disgusting and intrusive and spiteful and its both , because its "noise" and its a muslim noise.

Muslims are not associated with anything good except for exceptions like Abdul kalam. Most associations are to do with all sorts of undesirable traits.

I find "hindu pandal" noise horrible because its "noise".

I don't see why, I as Hindu have to suffer a muslim noise every day and PRETEND that muslim does not remind me of anything unpleasant. That would be a lie and I do not want to live a lie.

I don't find it "inconvenient", I find it disgusting and intrusive and spiteful and its both , because its "noise" and its a muslim noise.

Muslims are not associated with anything good except for exceptions like Abdul kalam. Most associations are to do with all sorts of undesirable traits.

I don't see why, I as Hindu have to suffer a muslim noise every day and PRETEND that muslim does not remind me of anything unpleasant. That would be a life and I do not want to live a lie.
That is very unfortunate. They are Indian citizens and have a Constitutional Right to practice their faith. You may not like aspects of their religion - that is also your right. But to not like their "noise" because it belongs to a faith goes against the secular grain of our nation.

U r just a wanna be arab abdulla deewana in begaani shadis world over. Typical.
Post reported for name calling @waz @Emmie
This type of disgusting attitude by these creatures brings down the quality of the forum.
Please ensure that these creatures are taught proper etiquette when conversing with other people, that is, i cant stress enough to name-calling attitude

Is it fair to point a finger on specific faith rather than teaching students about what it actually is? What will it do to children's psychology?
Whether it is a noise pollution or not is anther debate?

Muslims are not associated with anything good except for exceptions like Abdul kalam.
Most associations are to do with all sorts of undesirable traits.

I don't see why, I as Hindu have to suffer a muslim noise every day and PRETEND that muslim does not remind me of anything unpleasant. That would be a lie and I do not want to live a lie.
Well sir, then no further discussion is meaningful. It is not healthy to be a bigot is all I will say. We have 15% of population that is Muslim and they are not going anywhere leaving India -- not that I will like them to go anywhere in the first place.

Is it fair to point a finger on specific faith rather than teaching students about what it actually is? What will it do to children's psychology?
Whether it is a noise pollution or not is anther debate?
You are correct. It should not be faith-specific.

So when is India banning the Azaan?
There are just too many reported incidents of people being disturbed by this. For public order one must take harsh steps and i can understand if India goes for that.
Meanwhile the church bells and the temple bells can stay since they are not that disturbing.

this is just a case of Muslims enjoying elevated status of being 'entitled' minority.
This should ideally start with Bihar and Lucknow

Well sir, then no further discussion is meaningful. It is not healthy to be a bigot is all I will say. We have 15% of population that is Muslim and they are not going anywhere leaving India -- not that I will like them to go anywhere in the first place.
Our society has lurched towards intolerance. I guess there have always been prejudices against people of various faiths but now it is more vocal.

Hypocrite spotted!!!!!

Someone should burst firecrackers for 2 3 minutes everyday near your window when u r sleeping at dawn. It will be very educational.
I wont mind if your cracker goes off in a rhythm without any air pollution..

So much hate for muslims while living off in a muslim country.:disagree:

So when is India banning the Azaan?
There are just too many reported incidents of people being disturbed by this. For public order one must take harsh steps and i can understand if India goes for that.
Meanwhile the church bells and the temple bells can stay since they are not that disturbing.

this is just a case of Muslims enjoying elevated status of being 'entitled' minority.
This should ideally start with Bihar and Lucknow
Actually, in all residential areas - there is a decibel limit. I have personally interacted with members of the Pollution Control Board in the State for this. They are reluctant to pull up mosques because they hurt religious feelings.

Infact, the Bombay High Court pulled up the Mahim Police Station and the senior cops for using their premises to use loudspeakers during a Muslim religious fair.

You can Google it.

Back
Top Bottom