What's new

Thales sells high-tech radars in Bangladesh

ghost250

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh

Thales has achieved a nice new commercial coup. According to corroborating sources, the electronics group has sold two high-performance long-range radars (over 450 km range) to Bangladesh, the Ground Master 400, which is part of the fully digital 3D air defense radar family. The contract was very recently signed, according to the same sources. Thales has already sold several GM 400 radars to France, Germany, Finland, Estonia, Slovenia, Malaysia, Senegal and Bolivia. Designed to protect strategic points or forces deployed in external territories,

241799319_955435195034183_6725592001237751168_n.jpg

Good range 👍
Nice edition in weapons arsenal

Can it lock the target also at about 400km distance??

Here are the complete descriptions - looks like low flying UAVs at 100 feet are also covered. Detection does mean you have a "lock" on the target. Radar Experts please correct me if I'm wrong. I can bet five dollars one will be placed at one of our Southern cantonments i.e. Ramu for detecting incoming hostile airbornes from Myanmar.

Incidentally this may be the first AESA 3D radar ever inducted in Bangladesh. Congrats to the Air Force? Or the Army? Hope we can induct these systems on our new-build frigates as well.

Last edited:
Although a good radar, are we getting anything alongside to do deal with threats that we detect?

Although a good radar, are we getting anything alongside to do deal with threats that we detect?
It is useful to know what we are about to get struck by early so that we can start praying. Good first step.
Next step will be gaining the ability to so something about the detected threat. BAF feels the need to thumb twiddle until they hold a clown show in 2022 to be able to decide on a decision to decide on a decisive procurement strategy to procure fighter jets.

Yes I know its radar,but I was thinking if it can lock the target then it will be marvelous addition.but fighter will probably break the lock at larger distance.

what is the point of getting a lock if you do not have a missile to fire at the target ?
radars that track targets might be different from radars that guide missiles to targets

Good range 👍
Nice edition in weapons arsenal

Can it lock the target also at about 400km distance??
I am no expert on defense weapons. I found some detailed information below by random internet searching. You may open the link to get more information about the Ground Master-400. Please make some comments that can enhance our knowledge of the system.

Back
Top Bottom