What's new

The 40 smartest countries in 1999? What are the rankings now?

PakistaniandProud

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Interesting thing I found, which looks at the population of a country and then divides it by the IQ after adding certain programs to the list.

Here is the rankings, but this is from 1999! It has changed drastically now.

Some notable countries have been highlighted.

1.) Iceland
2.) Sweden
3.) Luxembourg
4.) Switzerland
5.) Denmark
6.) Britain
7.) Ireland
8.) Norway
9.) Netherlands
10.) Germany
11.) USA
12.) Austria
13.) France
14.) Belgium
15.) Finland
16.) Canada
17.) Australia
18.) Italy
19.) Portugal
20.) Hungary
21.) Greece
22.) Poland
23.) Yugoslavia
24.) Israel
25.) Spain
26.) Chile
27.) Czechoslovakia
28.) Bulgaria
29.) Argentina
30.) Guatemala
31.) USSR
32.) Japan
33.) South Africa
34.) Romania
35.) Egypt
36.) Colombia
37.) Mexico
38.) Nigeria
39.) Pakistan
40.) India

I wonder what the list looks like in 2012?

The Argies are in that list and we Brazilians don't? How?
Also,, how Japan and USSR (now Russia) are so low, as far as i know, both have almost zero ratings of illiteracy

The Argies are in that list and we Brazilians don't? How?
Also,, how Japan and USSR (now Russia) are so low, as far as i know, both have almost zero ratings of illiteracy

As the title says, this divides the IQ by the population. The source the thread starter has provided evaluates Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Literature, Economic Science progression of the country divided by the population X 1000.

At that time, the USSR and Japan had one of the highest populations in the world, I think only the Americans, Indians, and Chinese were above them.

Stupid list. Here is the map of countries by IQ.

race-and-iq.png

Ḥashshāshīn;3001853 said:
Stupid list. Here is the map of countries by IQ.

race-and-iq.png

As I said, the title page divided the IQ by population.. if that happened today many lower ranked countries would be higher.

I've seen this list being mentioned on QI. This is simply per capita nobel prize winners list. This is bogus since countries with a smaller population will be ranked better. In this case, Iceland, who has one Nobel prize winner(in economics) among its residents is considered the smartest per capita.

Ḥashshāshīn;3001866 said:
Then why is US on number 11? In 1999, it had a population of 273,000,000. This list makes no sense.
Because it is simply a listing of countries calculated by population/number of nobel prize winners.
Either increase number of nobel prize winners or reduce population.

Back
Top Bottom