What's new

The Big Story:The Secret 'K' Missile Family

Air launched strategic nuclear missile for Su-30 .. so that explains no further news on the strategic command proposal for 40 fighters.

Yeah I also guess something similar!!!! But we can't say anything they may go for it, you know our armed forces can't be predicted. :no:

Guys don't kick my *** for this but I use to think that INS arihant is something we bought from some other country.. I just checked wikipedia, I am such a dumb f**k...

Guys don't kick my *** for this but I use to think that INS arihant is something we bought from some other country.. I just checked wikipedia, I am such a dumb f**k...

Where??? :angel: Pls share the link.

We have so many info in public domain about Arihant even the pic of the rector and sub which is very different from foreign subs.

I'm also very interested in the 4 meter, Aircraft launched version. Even with a 200 km range(as of now) its hypersonic speed would play havoc with missile defense systems, for both sea and land based targets.

If that is improved to..say around ~500-600 kms then it would be the best standoff weapon in its class. Even right now..if the claims are indeed true...the air launched version is probably the only one in its class in the world afaik. Could be vital for taking out air defenses (SEAD operations) and for hitting high value; time critical targets...not to mention Carrier battle groups and other naval shipping.

If this is true,then we are wasting our resources on redundant projects. Remember The Air Launched Brahmos Version ?

If this is true,then we are wasting our resources on redundant projects. Remember The Air Launched Brahmos Version ?

indeed. However if what I gather from that article (which is rather short on specifics about the 200km version)is correct. its probably going to be something like a mini shourya? a quasi-ballistic missile.

I can see where the Brahmos advantage might come into play though...cos Brahmos is probably more maneuverable than this one (hypersonic missiles are usually not maneuverable and stealthy (its near impossible to build stealth into a hypersonic missile...which would be as visible as a comet streaking across the sky...due to the wind-friction), however Shourya is, but im sure its not as maneuverable as the brahmos family)

also iirc the Brahmos has the ability to work in "groups" or "packs"...with one missile popping up to get a radar picture and passing it along data links to other missiles en-route, thus drastically
reducing the possibility of detection. Further Brahmos has a better envelope for end/terminal phase maneuverability as the typical strategy is to have the brahmos missiles approach the target ships from multiple directions , including high speed dives (a feature which was tested recently irrc). So one could argue that there are both pros and cons to replacing the brahmos with this one. They probably fill two different roles. Also the 4 meter long K variant has a bigger payload (500 kg as opposed to the 300 kg) Brahmos has...however for Naval engagements the warhead side difference really does not matter as the Kinetic energy imparted would be more than enough to break the back of the ship(especially true for high-supersonic (brahmos) and hypersonic (shourya, 4 m K) missiles.

This came out the blue I thought India was testing a 750 km k-15 range missile but this is like 3,500 km range sub based nuke DRDO kept this quiet.

Really I can't understand the hybridisation of ballistic/cruise missile?? After 40km jump from K-15 how it be able to hug the earth like a cruise missile??

Am I supposed to laugh

This came out the blue I thought India was testing a 750 km k-15 range missile but this is like 3,500 km range sub based nuke DRDO kept this quiet.

I strongly dissagree with your points...

K-15 Under water the sea to Land type..
Sagarika is from Land to Land type

Both have the range of 750km only..

I never thought GoI kept any secrets as this kind of project, even to Indian Press is Unbelievable ....

Im not saying the Possibility of such missile, I cant believe:cheers:

For :victory: Dr. APJA KALAM :victory:

Back
Top Bottom