What's new

The Biggest Flag in the History of this World

Oops..
Giant Israeli flag breaks world record for largest in world

Beneath the ancient Jewish desert strongpoint of Masada, the world's largest flag was unfurled Sunday, covering a large stretch of sandy hinterland.

The huge blue and white Israeli flag, 660 meters (2,165 feet) long and 100meters (330 feet) wide and weighing 5.2 metric tons, breaks the record for the world's largest, according to the Tourism Ministry.

It was measured by representatives for the Guinness Book of Records.

Filipino entrepreneur and evangelical Christian Grace Galindez-Gupana said she decided two years ago to produce a giant Israeli flag as a testament to her love for Israel and the Jewish people, and as a celebration of 50 years of diplomatic relations between the Philippines and Israel.

"God spoke to me in thunder and lightening," Galindez-Gupana said. "The Lord said, 'Make the flag of Israel, the standard of my people.'"

"This is a tall order," she said, as she broke down in tears.

The record-breaking Israeli flag was accompanied by a giant Philippines flag - huge, but not quite as big. It weighed only about 3.8 metric tons.

Large stones anchored both flags as they billowed in the desert winds.

"They were made in the Philippines and shipped to Israel days ago," said Daniel Rozen, spokesman for Living Stone Ministries, a group that helped bring the flags to Israel.

"There are about 31,000 Filipinos in Israel, most of whom are foreign workers," said Gilberto Asuque, consul general of the Philippine Embassy in Israel.

"This flag expresses the friendship between the Philippines and the state of Israel, and also the friendship between Jewish and Christian communities," said Shaul Zemach, director of the Tourism Ministry.

bigflag.jpg

Guinness World Records - Adjudications - The Largest Flag

THE LARGEST FLAG EVER (S0ORRY CAPS LOCK IS ON AND I AM TOO STUPID TO KNWO HJOW TO RUENS IT OFF)

World&

100 METERS LONG AND 200 ,METERS WIDE

OOPS SOMEONE POSTED BEFORE LOL

SO...

OOPS, ANOTHER ONE:

largest-flag-1.jpg

505 FT BY 225 FT... STILL LARGER LOL

NOW GO FIND THE TALLEST FLAGSTAFF FOR ANY FLAG... YOU WILL BE SHOCKED HEHEHE

Last edited:

Hey... I read that news article you posted... but how come a 300 m long and 200 m wide flag weigh 20 tonnes? That is simply unbelievable unless that flag is metallic... is there any explanation to that?

Edit: On Wikipedia, this is the link that will take you to the claim of Morocco'ws flag http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag#cite_ref-4, and if you check the footnotes, you will see they actually talk about the Israeli flag lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom