What's new

The break-up of Pakistan bodes well for India

I checked with a friend who has lived in Swat earlier today and he says the Federal Law won't have any application in Swat and his friend there has decided to leave Pakistan entirely.

your friends obviously knows this because he is a constitutional expert. the sharia regulation hasnt even been made public how is it that this friend of yours knows so many details about it. :what:

I am one of those who endorses the concept of competing justice systems, but it seems my friend's friend is one of the skeptics who believes it isn't going to work in Swat.

your friends obviously knows this because he is a constitutional expert. the sharia regulation hasnt even been made public how is it that this friend of yours knows so many details about it. :what:

Maybe its an imaginery friend of his :crazy:

I am one of those who endorses the concept of competing justice systems, but it seems my friend's friend is one of the skeptics who believes it isn't going to work in Swat.

First of all one man does not speak for all. Secondly, there are all types of people in a nation. You can't make everyone happy. There are those who cried (with joys) when Obama won, and there are those who cried (with anger) when Obama won. That does not change the fact that majority voted for Obama.

Similarly, as Kidwai said, nothing has been made public and yet your 'friend of a friend' was quick to form an opinion, like that CNN report where they found a woman screaming about the peace move GoP made in Swat by portraying that entire Swat did not welcome that move.

Well you gotta give us a bit more credit than that my friend. However, I assure you, the islamic judicial system had been there for 1000+ years in Swat until 1973 constitution (when Swat was merged with Pak) and that system worked like a charm, then why wont it will work now, when clearly the secular system have failed millions in entire Pakistan (not only in Swat)?

The problem is not Islamic Judiciary, but the problem here is the war on Islam... ooopss, I mean the war on terror, that is doing every effort to implement the design of demonizing the Islam in every way it can to legitimize it's imperialist agendas and constant occupation and oppression of the masses.

No, it's just that this "idiot" is describing some of the forces pulling Pakistan apart. Given the fact that Pakistan's leaders just accepted that Sharia law rather than State law will now be the rule in Swat, the "idiot" appears (in American eyes) to know what he's talking about.

There are bigger idiots than the one who is being discussed.

As far as Sharia law is concerned you should first read the constitution of Pakistan before making any comments. The constitution clearly states that no law contrary to Shariah shall be implemented in Pakistan. Nothing contrary to constitution of Pakistan is being done in Malakand Division. Those people sitting in Law ministry are not idiots. The peace deal should have gone through a process and then implemented. Its not that one morning government and Sufi Mohammad wake up and say lets implement this.

For your convenience and all those ignorants unaware of our constitution I am reproducing relevant part of the preamble to the constitution.

Quote:

Wherein the Muslims shall be enabled to order their lives in the individual and collective spheres in accordance with the teachings and requirements of Islam as set out in the Holy Quran and Sunnah;

Wherein adequate provision shall be made for the minorities freely to profess and practice their religions and develop their cultures;

Wherein the territories now included in or in accession with Pakistan and such other territories as may hereafter be included in or accede to Pakistan shall form a Federation wherein the units will be autonomous with such boundaries and limitations on their powers and authority as may be prescribed;

Therein shall be guaranteed fundamental rights, including equality of status, of opportunity and before law, social, economic and political justice, and freedom of thought, expression, belief, faith, worship and association, subject to law and public morality;

Wherein adequate provision shall be made to safeguard the legitimate interests of minorities and backward and depressed classes;

Unquote:

I don't know why such a hype is being created on this topic. I have already replied to an earlier post and hope it clarifies every thing. However let me tell you that no parallel judicial system shall be implemented in Swat. This simply can not happen because constitution does not permit it and superior judiciary shall not allow it.

As was practices before in Malakand division a sharia court shall be set up which shall decide a case. Any one of the parties can if they decide approach high court and then supreme court.

Even if their is a controversy regarding the interpretation of sharia we have federal sharia court which is superior to the one being set up in Swat. Its decision shall be final.

There is nothing wrong with Sharia law in Swat given that Federal Law is not over ruled over the Sharia law. It is believed that the people wanted this law. Such practices happen all over the world. It is not huge thing for us Pakistanis because we are custom to close practices of Sharia law. It may be threatening to the Americans or the Westerners.. but then they should mind their own business as its not their land to live in. ;)

Maybe so Mr. Webby, but ponder upon this also, What would you think there next demand will be. I believe there independent state because two different law in one land can never merge.

Personally, i dont like separate laws, not necessarily against the Sharia law, but separate laws. But if it works like it works in India.. where Hindus have their made up laws in some part of states, and it works.. so why not?

Sharia law also works in Saudi Arabia flawlessly.. while the country is happy

And the Hindu law are made from precedence, not some kind of made up laws that these moran hindus thought just make it to piss everone off!!

Jeypore,

I just you go through Swat thread before posting.

The army is going to stay in Swat, Taliban will be disarmed or asked to leave the area.

Your wet dreams of Pakistan breaking up are not going to bear fruit.

Jeypore,

I just you go through Swat thread before posting.

The army is going to stay in Swat, Taliban will be disarmed or asked to leave the area.

Your wet dreams of Pakistan breaking up are not going to bear fruit.

I have read thru thank you.

A deal on disarming was made in past also, remember. How long did that last? I know I am an Indian, but I can tell you excatly what these people want, and that is, there should be no army in the SWAT area. They want there utopia and they also want to drag the world in that utopia.

If Pakistan breaks up (which I don't believe it will), instead of having to contend with one hostile and unpredictable neighbor, India will have to contend with 3 or 4 each with their own little stash of nukes. How the hell would that "bode well" for India??
This guy may be right when he says there are forces trying to pull pakistan apart but when he says that it wud bode well for India he's talking out of his hat.

Even if their is a controversy regarding the interpretation of sharia we have federal sharia court which is superior to the one being set up in Swat. Its decision shall be final.
It all seems to come back to the question of whether the FSC retains its authority or not. If people retain the right of appeal to the FSC then the FSC remains supreme, and thus has the right to send its officers (from police to the army) to Swat to enforce its will; if either the right to appeal is lost, or the Army must withdraw, then the FSC is powerless and Swat in effect is lost to Pakistan.

Apparently these terms of the negotiations haven't been made public yet. What we are hearing from the clerics and the gov't thus appears to be posturing, yes?

Maybe this Georgetown University professor needs to be convinced otherwise.

Maybe this Georgetown University professor needs to be convinced otherwise.

Certainly, invite him over to the forum will you.

But make sure you ask him to bring along any evidence he may have in support of his arguments, especially those related to his sweeping statements of widespread inter-ethnic hatred in Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom