What's new

The Cold Start Doctrine Watch.

Not really, it is Pakistan itself who should aim for the chnological edge, other countries who want peace in the region can help. This was the sense of my post, do not get it wrong.

I do not think that I got it wrong. The perception of Pakistan's policy as you have described it is exceedingly negative internationally. It simply does not behoove any nation to ask for flood/earthquake relief and education funds when it is spending its own money on increasing its nuclear stockpile, as a previous US Secretary of State pointed out.

I do not think that I got it wrong. The perception of Pakistan's policy as you have described it is exceedingly negative internationally. It simply does not behoove any nation to ask for flood/earthquake relief and education funds when it is spending its own money on increasing its nuclear stockpile, as a previous US Secretary of State pointed out.
Sorry, but even big and rich countries get help in natural catastrophs instances, when the US couldn't fight forest fires that spread to cities in its south, it has asked the Canadians and thers for hep. And the US still has the biggest military butget of the world.
Your logic is somehow flawed.
Pakistan is not super rich, and that is due to wars in neighboring countries, mostly the very long wars in Afghanistan, and the 3 million refugees in Pakistan plus the spread of terror inside the country to some extent, and many other factors to take into consideration.
You have to weigh in the perceived and real threats facing Pakistan on both sides of its borders, on the easter side it is nuclear and conventional, and on the western side it is worst than a conventional threat, it is guerrilla warfare.
To better the Economy is a must priority, China will help in that regard, and defending its integrity is another top priority, So there is no conflict in this.
Usually the Americans can praise or demonize a nation as they like in line with they policy aims through the media that they control much. So one should think rationally on what Pakistan can do for itself and with the help of friends, according to its situation and despite oriented criticism to force its politics in a different direction than its own.

Sorry, but even big and rich countries get help in natural catastrophs instances, when the US couldn fight forest fires that spread to cities in its south, it has asked the Canadians and thers for hep. And the US still has the biggest military butget of the world.
Your logic is somehow flawed.
Pakistan is not super rich, and that is due to wars in neighboring countries, mostly the very long wars in Afghanistan, and the 3 million refugees in Pakistan plus the spread of terror inside the country to some extent, and many other factors to take into consideration.
You have to weigh in the perceived and real threats facing Pakistan on both sides of its borders, on the easter side it is nuclear and conventional, and on the western side it is worst than a conventional threat, it is guerrilla warfare.
To better the Economy is a must priority, China will help in that regard, and defending its integrity is another top priority, So there is no conflict in this.
Usually the Americans can praise or demonize a nation as they like in line with they policy aims through the media that they control much. So one should think rationally on what Pakistan can do for itself and with the help of friends, according to its situation and despite oriented criticism to force its politics in a different direction than its own.

What other country spends on increasing its nuclear stockpile while begging funds internationally for its schools and hospitals?

What other country spends on increasing its nuclear stockpile while begging funds internationally for its schools and hospitals?
The nuclear stockpile is a bonus from civilian nuclear energy, India has 3000 kg of weapon grade plutonium stockpile !!!

The nuclear stockpile is a bonus from civilian nuclear energy, India has 3000 kg of weapon grade plutonium stockpile !!!

The civilian nuclear program is under IAEA safeguards. It is the clandestine program that is converting the unmonitored stockpiles into nuclear weapons at great cost, while the nation goes begging for money for social development. There is no need to seek a comparison or parity with India, is there?

The civilian nuclear program is under IAEA safeguards. It is the clandestine program that is converting the unmonitored stockpiles into nuclear weapons at great cost, while the nation goes begging for money for social development. There is no need to seek a comparison or parity with India, is there?
There is Kashmir, and other issues. Have you ever heard about india's cold start doctrine. And sckirmishes are still going on in the border Area without knowing who starts what.

Last edited:
There is Cashmir, and other issues. Have you ever heard about india's cold start doctrine. And sckirmishes are still going on in the border Area without knowing who start what.

These are all excuses to divert attention and domestic funds towards a bloated security apparatus at cost of social development, nothing else, and are clearly known internationally.

These are all excuses to divert attention and domestic funds towards a bloated security apparatus at cost of social development, nothing else, and are clearly known internationally.
When one does not have enough funds for both, he goes with the urgent priorities, this happens to be the war machine in this instance. It is too bad, since the priority should be education, and social development.
You should think about the $50 plus billion the Chinese are providing as soft loans for major projects, specifically to help to better the social conditions of Pakistanis. So things are moving the right way IMO.

When one does not have enough funds for both, he goes with the urgent priorities, this happens to be the war machine in this instance. It is too bad, since the priority should be education, and social development.
You should think about the $50 plus billion the Chinese are providing as soft loans for major projects, specifically to help to better the social conditions of Pakistanis. So things are moving the right way IMO.

Pakistan's choosing to fund its war machine instead of social development does not impose upon the international community a duty to fund Pakistan, unless it is nuclear blackmailed into doing so, which is whole premise that is not sustainable over the long run, as I mentioned earlier.

Pakistan's choosing to fund its war machine instead of social development does not impose upon the international community a duty to fund Pakistan, unless it is nuclear blackmailed into doing so, which is whole premise that is not sustainable over the long run, as I mentioned earlier.
I do understand your statement, but can not see where the blackmail portion comes from. Since natural catastrophes are not men controlled, there is no imposition on the international community to help, it is a humanitarian help. And the same international community understands the burden of more than 3 million refugees on a fragile economy, otherwise they would have told Pakistan, that they can not help. the worst part of it is that India with a large economy, with 6+% growth annually is receiving the same help too. what do you think about it?

Last edited:
I do understand your statement, but can not see where the blackmail portion comes from. Since natural catastrophes are no men controlled, there is no imposition on the international community to help, it is a humanitarian help. And the same international community understands the burden of more than 3 million refugees on a fragile economy, otherwise they would have told Pakistan, that they can not help. the worst part of it is that India with a large economy, with 6+% growth annually is receiving the same help too. what do you think about it?

It is not the catastrophes, but the incessant begging for routine social services such as health and education, while the funds are diverted into nuclear and other weapons, that changes the policy into nuclear blackmail.

It is not the catastrophes, but the incessant begging for routine social services such as health and education, while the funds are diverted into nuclear and other weapons, that changes the policy into nuclear blackmail.
I can not follow you logic on this, we can say the same or even worst about India , when we compare the economies.

I can not follow you logic on this, we can say the same or even worst about India , when we compare the economies.

There you go again Sir. There is no need to bring in India in this context at all. Pakistan already has a credible nuclear deterrent against it, but it is choosing to destroy its future by ignoring its social development, unless the world finances it. That gameplan cannot last.

There you go again Sir. There is no need to bring in India in this context at all. Pakistan already has a credible nuclear deterrent against it, but it is choosing to destroy its future by ignoring its social development, unless the world finances it. That gameplan cannot last.
social development is a world wide problem, mostly a remnant and consequence of colonization, there are countries much richer than Pakistan who have worst social development problems.
I do not think that the world is financing Pakistan out of any other issue than the UN programs with well defined rules, conditions and requirements. that seals my discussion on the subject. Thanks brother.

There can be no development until you have strong security and for that and a region we live in we need a really strong Armed Forces and when HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW was dying he had around 8 swords and arrows and spears with him although he was hungry but never sold them
@The SC

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom