img0592u.jpg

img0588j.jpg

img0587n.jpg

img0585s.jpg

img0584k.jpg

Formula&

IMG_0530.jpg

JPSK Grand Prix Circuit

In October, 2007, the FIA signed a contract with JPSK Sports Private Limited to organize an F1 race in India. JPSK is owned by Jaiprakash Associates (74%), Sumeer Kalmadi (son of Suresh Kalmadi, IOA president) owned Sulba Realty Private Limited (13%) and Delhi based Trackwork International Pvt Ltd (13%). The 'SK' in JPSK is a reference to Sumeer Kalmadi.

Estimated to cost between 15 billion and 18 billion INR (up to $364 million) to build, the new circuit will be designed by Herman Tilke and expected to be completed by April 2011. It will be 3.147 miles long covering an area of 875 acres (354ha). Seating capacity is expected to be 200,000.

The circuit will be part of the 2500 acres Jaypee Greens Sports City, which is planned to include a 100,000 seat cricket stadium, 18-hole golf course, 25,000 seat hockey stadium and a sports academy. The sports complex is expected to generate $170m of revenue annually, and employ 10,000 people.

It has been reported that the circuit will be the second-fastest on the calendar after Monza and that the design was forwarded to the teams to gather feedback on how the circuit could be altered to improve overtaking. This has resulted in some minor changes as became clear from April 2010. The planned hairpin at turn 7 will be removed, and the track at turn 3 will be widened to allow drivers to take different lines throughout the corner.
source:
http://www.motorsportcircuitguide.com/circuit-directory.php?id=245

I REALLY LIKED THIS VIDEO.. AS IF I AM DRIVING :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! those concept drawings and virtual tours look amazing. Can't believe something like this could exist in South Asia. You guys are making me want to visit.

went there recently and its friggin far away from south delhi, but man was i shocked, just see it to belive it, i was there to find out about some residential project, they have evry damn thing stadiums , pools , indoor stadiums, f1 circuit is going guns blazing
Bro, Formula 1 is the most expensive sport in the world. It literally caters to the elite. No wonder there are all these facilities. What I wouldn't give to be a part of a Formula 1 team.

I really wish you guys all the best. I want F1 to come to India, so I hope there aren't any delays.

This city is going to be one heck of a rocker!
I ll be there for sure.;)
A cricket stadium with initial capacity 40,000 and then 1 lac is also under construction.
Bring it on 2011 ;)

TATA logo appears on Ferrari car: As we are discussing F1, Ferrari cannot be left out. Ferrari is in collaboration with Tata Consultancy Services. TCS, a world leader in the field of Information Technology consultancy, has been a partner of the Maranello Company since 2004, in the capacity of Official Technology Supplier.

Last edited:
it would have been great if it was grand finale..
but now metallica will perform in opening right??

Back
Top Bottom