What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

It would be naive not to use the UNSC entry as leverage for the border dispute with India and other issues, long term China won't support it. Excellent move. :tup:

What ? :o:

I thought we were brothers ! :cry:

Jokes aside; thats not a bad idea...fits perfectly with real politick ! :tup:

Published time: 16 Aug, 2015 13:02
Get short URL
55d05585c46188da7a8b45c5.jpg

Major amphibious assault ship takes part in the Russian-Chinese "Joint Sea-2015" drills in the Mediterranean. / RIA Novosti
READ MORE: ‘Not aimed at third country’: Russia & China start joint drills at Mediterranean

55d0664fc361887c1e8b45c5.jpg

Chinese missile frigate Linyi during the opening of the Russian-Chinese naval exercise Naval Interaction–2015. © Yulia Kaminskaya / RIA Novosti

International naval drills by the Russian and Chinese navies will be conducted in the Sea of Japan next week. Sailors, marines and naval air pilots of the two countries will be training together in combined operations in an amphibious assault exercise.
A Chinese squadron has left the port of Qingdao in Shandong province on Saturday and headed for Russia’s Vladivostok to take part in the bilateral naval exercise to be held in Peter the Great Bay on August 20-28.

A source close to the operation told Xinhua news agency that the drills "are not targeted at any third party and are not relevant to the regional status quo," stressing that the exercise is part of annual exchange program between Chinese and Russian militaries.

The Chinese task force coming to Vladivostok comprises seven warships, six shipborne helicopters, five warplanes, 21 amphibious vehicles and 200 marines. Russian Pacific Fleet will be represented with up to 20 battleships and support vessels, two submarines, 10 warplanes, nine amphibious vehicles and also 200 marines.

55d063d5c36188c0198b458b.jpg

© Google Maps
Chinese warships are set to call at Vladivostok port next Thursday, August 20, Xinhua reports. While paying visit to Vladivostok’s harbor, Chinese ships are expected to be opened for civilian visitors.

Russian and Chinese troops, aircraft and vessels will be operating in five combined naval groups and four Air Force groups in Russian territorial waters and in neutral waters of the Sea of Japan.

The Sea of Japan borders four countries Japan, North Korea, South Korea and Russia. So far, the Chinese Navy has not taken part in exercises in this area.

The main declared task of the drills will be practicing protection of naval communications, anti-submarine training, air defense exercise and anti-ship actions.

For the first time ever the naval exercise will include a joint amphibious assault drill.

Naval training of Russian Pacific Fleet and the Navy of the People’s Liberation Army of China is named Joint Sea-2015(II) and will be held off the coast of Primorsky Krai in Russia’s Pacific region, some 650 kilometers from the coast of Japan.

The first, smaller part, of the Joint Sea exercise took place in the Mediterranean on May 11-21 this year.

Meanwhile, Moscow has agreed to take part in naval military exercises together with its Asia Pacific allies in the disputed South China Sea next May.

READ MORE: Russia will take part in multinational navy drills in disputed South China Sea

“We are strongly in favor for any dispute in South China Sea, in East China Sea, in any sea for that matter, to be resolved on the basis of the international law, including, first of all, the 1982 Law of the Sea Convention, on the basis of the declaration signed between China and ASEAN [Association of Southeast Asian Nations],”
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said in an interview to Singapore’s Channel News Asia, in early August.

“On this basis the countries directly involved in any dispute should find mutually acceptable solution without any outside interference,” Lavrov added.
Russia and China to stage naval drills in Sea of Japan, train for beach landing — RT News

you are welcome to dump the dollar if you want. let see who will suffer most. I place my bet it is not the US. the debt is to pay back in dollar. and in case you don´t know the US central bank can create billions of dollar out of thin air.

second, you may study more facts than spew nonsense. bretton woods as we know it is long dead. the central element of bretton woods system is gold, or more precise the gold reserves hoarded in the US and 43 other signatory countries. $35 per ounce of gold. No, not your brics bank or other chinese propaganda, it was the unsustainable cost of the Vietnam war that crashed the dollar and ended the system. since then what we see it is just a mix of fixed and flexibel peg of all world currencies against the dollar. the yuan included.

Nixon and the End of the Bretton Woods System, 1971–1973 - 1969–1976 - Milestones - Office of the Historian

Last edited:
you are welcome to dump the dollar if you want. let see who will suffer most. I place my bet it is not the US. the debt is to pay back in dollar. and in case you don´t know the US central bank can create billions of dollar out of thin air.

second, you may study more facts than spew nonsense. bretton woods as we know it is long dead. the central element of bretton woods system is gold, or more precise the gold reserves hoarded in the US and 43 other signatory countries. $35 per ounce of gold. No, not your brics bank or other chinese propaganda, it was the unsustainable cost of the Vietnam war that crashed the dollar and ended the system. since then what we see it is just a mix of fixed and flexibel peg of all world currencies against the dollar. the yuan included.

Nixon and the End of the Bretton Woods System, 1971–1973 - 1969–1976 - Milestones - Office of the Historian

Vietnam war crashed the dollar? :lol:

Oh Vietnamese boy, you have been brainwashed by the VCP.

If you actually believe the US won't lose if the dollar loses market share then you are an economic illiterate.

There is a reason the Fed can create trillions and have low inflation. Can you tell me why?

Agreed.
OP fails to explain why china is holding american bonds and foreign reserves in dollar then. Fake it till you make it ?

Vietnam war crashed the dollar? :lol:

Oh Vietnamese boy, you have been brainwashed by the VCP.

If you actually believe the US won't lose if the dollar loses market share then you are an economic illiterate.

There is a reason the Fed can create trillions and have low inflation. Can you tell me why?

"There is a reason the Fed can create trillions and have low inflation. Can you tell me why?"

More US dollars being distributed worldwide. People are holding its debt around the world. By distributing the US dollars, it reduces inflation because paper money is now less for America. It's steroid for the US dollars. That being said, when people switched over another currency, it will devalue the US dollars. The paper money gets tossed back to the US and now they are holding more cash with little value.

Especially now with BRICS which has about 3 billion people. That is a significant number and can hurt the US badly once BRICS is matured.

I'm not an economic major, but I know the basic of cash flow.

Understanding money is like a revolution for a country. It is like an iPhone 6 plus to the old black and white flip phone of the past.

Last edited:
Beautiful. May this cut their military budget by 80%. They can't afford it. Only thing keeping it in place is the printing press, backed up by the world using Dollars.

Bretton Woods is dead in theory, but in practice it was replaced by the Petrodollar, meaning that instead of the gold standard, the US dollar is backed by oil and other energy sale transactions. Guess what happens when that is gone.

U cant defeat US in any kinds of war (hot-cold war) if u cant take down its Pacific allies first.... and JP-Aussia-NZ-TW still US's allies now , only South VN gone:pop:

Agreed.
OP fails to explain why china is holding american bonds and foreign reserves in dollar then. Fake it till you make it ?

There was no alternative. All those gigantic yearly trade surpluses had to be 'invested' somewhere.

Agreed.

maybe because China is not doing business with Russia alone. Will India accept Chinese currency?

Dollar is already too over valued
Dollar needs to fall by 20% for American Exports to become competitive vs Europe and china

Back
Top Bottom