What's new

The greatest gift Chinese people ever gave to Pakistan for which many died: Karakoram Highway KKH

What China did is unbelievable achievement to built KKH and it's hard to swollow for some countries specially india wonder why Indian always cry and raise questions which they have nothing to do with.
Indian sud concentrate on their currency crises and toilets.
Pak China are doing what is best for both countries.

its not free , you paid 400m$ for the construction...
400m$ = 4400 crore rupee.
now , not to offend anybody , may i know , how much compensation did the chinese company paid to the relatives of pakistani workers died ??

How much you guys like to have if your relative die on that?.

Money is nothing, Friendship is everything

Not a word

But if you watched the whole OP documentary , it does mention the fund of this highway. Go and watch it closely

Don't take the word of Nejam Sethi seriously. He is a traitor working for the Americans and was once part of the BLA during the 80s. I don't understand why General Zia didn't execute the traitor when he was in prison. Always remember brother some news agencies in Pakistan are working against the interests of our friendship. But don't worry there time is coming soon.

I think the train link will be a huge undertaking with almost unfathomable challenges.

Yep, will require hell of allot of TNT to cut more of the mountains,well worth the challenge and will be one of the greatest feat of mankind! China however has already achieved something similar with the China -Tibet railway.

We must have a national day to honor the martyrs of KKH highway!

2878003.jpg

If people who know about it, during their trip to Gilgit Baltistan, visit the place and lay a flower, as well as say a prayer that could also lift the spirits of the local caretakers . Pakistan connecting with central asian muslims Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Uyghurs, thriving towns like Sost [now a dry port, major trading hub] this would've been a dream, f not for these workers.

I doubt most Pakistanis are even aware of it, there needs to be an awareness campaign by both Pak govt. and Chinese mission about this memorial. This memorial is'nt just the corpses that lay there but 100s of Chinese and Pakistani workers, who fell 100s of feet below and were never recovered, many lives lost are not on record. 80 Chinese Muslim workers [Hui, Uyghur, Donxiang, etc..] of Xinjiang province are also buried there.

There have been individuals of foreign nations like Turkish person posthumously awarded civilian honor in 2007 by Pres. Musharraf, who died helping Pak in relief efforts in 2005. But don't know anyone else in Pakistani history, a foreign nation sacrificed its nationals for helping Pakistan. It was Pak-China joint national interest, which in turn benefit Pakistan the most.

During Xi Jinping trip to Pakistan, Many in western media, alongwith some of our media mocked the tagline 'Pak-China friendship, Higher than the mountains and deeper than the ocean' as it appeared on media/

This tagline should be put in a plaque outside this memorial to show the world the living proof, to make them understand what Pak-China ties withstood and accomplished.

What a beautiful border and genuine mutual respect between nations. I wish the whole world would be like this.

One can now say that Pak-China friendship is set in blood...and friendships set in blood do not erode..i am very glad that someone posted this and raised my knowledge about it..

Back
Top Bottom