The Harry Potter of Pakistan- Imran Khan

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

by Haris Tohid

A tsunami of change is coming to Karachi. Imran Khan is expected to create gigantic waves in the political dynamics of the metropolis. In the words of King Khan, he “will unite the Mohajirs and the Pashtuns and all other ethnicities” under the banner of PTI on December the 25th.

Karachites woke up on Saturday to find their streets suddenly lined up with freshly printed IK banners and posters. From Orangi to Defence and everything in between, including Shahrah-e-Faisal, stood the impressive billboards of IK proudly standing alongside Quaid-e-Azam and Allama Iqbal.

IK’s rally has irked the mighty PPP’s government whose Information Minister gave the most hilarious of statements the other day, saying IK must postpone his rally in reverence of Christmas and the Christian community. Their time tested excuse of an impending law and order situation would have served them better but you can’t impose section 144 and ban rallies with IK on the other end or can you?

With an expected estimated crowd of a hundred thousand and more, IK is all set to rock the stage at Mazar-e-Quaid. The only party to boast such a phenomenal count in Karachi is MQM and they don’t seem to be scuttled by Khan Sahib’s claims. Forgive this scribe’s ignorance but a few irritant questions seem to linger in my head.

How on earth does a party who can muster no more than 50 people in their last two protests in Karachi in condemnation of NATO attack claim on summoning a crowd of one million people?

I’m sure members of PTI had better things to do than support the Army and follow the bandwagon. After all IK is looking for change. I’m sure the hundreds of posters and banners that sprang up suddenly in one night must have been put up by scores of IK supporters who will only reveal themselves on the day of deliverance.

Shame on me for even questioning the popularity of IK in Karachi. Even a blind man can see the long queues outside the offices of PTI in different parts of the city. Haven’t you? I’ve heard they are giving away free mugs and T-shirts of Tiger Khan with every membership.

These offices are open in between the 9th and 10th street i.e. the 9 ¾ of every town. You guessed it. Exactly the ones we saw in Harry potter movies. Those with weak faith (like me) will hit a wall while trying to enter the World of IK.

I must admit one thing that IK after a struggling political career of 15 years rightfully found his place in the heart of the people. I’m sure PTI won’t turn out to be the Tehreek Istqlal of the future. PTI has an agenda of change,
and change it is. Politicians and celebrities once seen taking sides with some other political party are now siding with PTI. Howzat for a change! And to honour those (like the ever changing Shah Mehmood Quresihi) who brought about this surreal change, IK left out his trusted party men and appointed or rather anointed him his deputy.

Don’t want to rant on, but how come a nobody in the latter half of 2010 became a reckoning force by the end of 2011. IK managed to pull off a sit-in blocking the NATO supply in Peshawar where no party including the ANP who govern the province could dread. Lahore the traditional stronghold of N-league witnessed a massive crowd at his rally. A sizeable gathering showed up at the Ghotki meeting.

You all want me to say out loud the force behind IK’s might? But I can’t, only this that “he-who-must-not-be-named” is what causes the stir. Like the Harry Potter series, IK had been kept aside from the mainstream politics since infancy by the Lord Voldemort of Pakistani politics. Now, at the age of 15, the same bruised IK wants to fight the omnipotent dark forces by jumping on the shoulders of “H-W-M-N-B-N”. Ironically, the army chosen to lead the assault is being hand picked up by Voldemort himself.

If there’s anything we’ve learnt from the HP series is that Potter can’t be friends with the Dark Lord not to his attrition. IK might be able to pull off a successful rally in Karachi or wherever he likes with invisible help but he must also understand that those who can make him a juggernaut in no time and can also make him vanish in a jiffy.

Haris Tohid is a correspondent at Geo TV. He can be reached at haristohid@hotmail.com

Disclaimer: All views/opinions expressed in this blog don't necessarily reflect the organization's stance on the subject

Imran Khan has matured a lot and works day and night on his political career. His hard work is paying off. He is destined to be Pakistan's next leader.

PPP are like school children, PNL-N are liars, thieves, and use the Punjabi card wherever they go. Both political parties lack in discipline, they are too busy working on building their children's political careers.

Only PTI belives in hard work and Faith, Unity, and Discipline.

Why don't some of our Pakistanis believe that hard work can achieve success.

The hidden force is one's own determination and hard work.

Last edited by a moderator:
he is also favourably viewed by many indians including me but plz everybody ignore my username

Why don't the author put a simple one liner......... "Establishment backed"...... to make things simpler!

Propaganda works!

dont you worry, these nonsensical and implied talks only benefits PTI, what doesnot appeal to common sense of the people cannot effect them, and this is exactly why negative propaganda against IK has paved way for PTI success in a positive way. though bitterness has swore in the young minds, yet it all is accumulating as plus plus plus plus plus !!!!

How on earth does a party who can muster no more than 50 people in their last two protests in Karachi in condemnation of NATO attack claim on summoning a crowd of one million people?

How on they earth did u got work at geo ???? or u failed at school or do u need to check ur eyes. I give u one more chance to tell me how many ppl can u see here ??

And here is video of karachi mafia.. look at ppl how they are lauging on there leader who is a madari terrorist

watch

not gonna happen in karachi it seems, sindh government has blocked imran from doing jalsa in mazar e quaid and on 25th

dont go onto the presentation of altaf or what ever is, but go deep into the politics in karachi, do you know mustafa kemal lives in 120 yards of house, and what about your leader who is made a jesus christ and he is admitting lotas in government, lotas from haru league, all those who lost the previous elections

its very saddening, that imran is also turning against his own words, he is ready to negotiate with US, ready to give kashmir to india and ready to do any compromise just to become a PM!!

imran khan should be given one chance, but i dont have much hope from this lota party of PTI

its one timer just like PML(Q) and PTI is gonna do nothing!!!

by Haris Tohid

A tsunami of change is coming to Karachi. Imran Khan is expected to create gigantic waves in the political dynamics of the metropolis. In the words of King Khan, he “will unite the Mohajirs and the Pashtuns and all other ethnicities” under the banner of PTI on December the 25th.

Karachites woke up on Saturday to find their streets suddenly lined up with freshly printed IK banners and posters. From Orangi to Defence and everything in between, including Shahrah-e-Faisal, stood the impressive billboards of IK proudly standing alongside Quaid-e-Azam and Allama Iqbal.

IK’s rally has irked the mighty PPP’s government whose Information Minister gave the most hilarious of statements the other day, saying IK must postpone his rally in reverence of Christmas and the Christian community. Their time tested excuse of an impending law and order situation would have served them better but you can’t impose section 144 and ban rallies with IK on the other end or can you?

With an expected estimated crowd of a hundred thousand and more, IK is all set to rock the stage at Mazar-e-Quaid. The only party to boast such a phenomenal count in Karachi is MQM and they don’t seem to be scuttled by Khan Sahib’s claims. Forgive this scribe’s ignorance but a few irritant questions seem to linger in my head.

I’m sure members of PTI had better things to do than support the Army and follow the bandwagon. After all IK is looking for change. I’m sure the hundreds of posters and banners that sprang up suddenly in one night must have been put up by scores of IK supporters who will only reveal themselves on the day of deliverance.

Shame on me for even questioning the popularity of IK in Karachi. Even a blind man can see the long queues outside the offices of PTI in different parts of the city. Haven’t you? I’ve heard they are giving away free mugs and T-shirts of Tiger Khan with every membership.

These offices are open in between the 9th and 10th street i.e. the 9 ¾ of every town. You guessed it. Exactly the ones we saw in Harry potter movies. Those with weak faith (like me) will hit a wall while trying to enter the World of IK.

I must admit one thing that IK after a struggling political career of 15 years rightfully found his place in the heart of the people. I’m sure PTI won’t turn out to be the Tehreek Istqlal of the future. PTI has an agenda of change,
and change it is. Politicians and celebrities once seen taking sides with some other political party are now siding with PTI. Howzat for a change! And to honour those (like the ever changing Shah Mehmood Quresihi) who brought about this surreal change, IK left out his trusted party men and appointed or rather anointed him his deputy.

Don’t want to rant on, but how come a nobody in the latter half of 2010 became a reckoning force by the end of 2011. IK managed to pull off a sit-in blocking the NATO supply in Peshawar where no party including the ANP who govern the province could dread. Lahore the traditional stronghold of N-league witnessed a massive crowd at his rally. A sizeable gathering showed up at the Ghotki meeting.

You all want me to say out loud the force behind IK’s might? But I can’t, only this that “he-who-must-not-be-named” is what causes the stir. Like the Harry Potter series, IK had been kept aside from the mainstream politics since infancy by the Lord Voldemort of Pakistani politics. Now, at the age of 15, the same bruised IK wants to fight the omnipotent dark forces by jumping on the shoulders of “H-W-M-N-B-N”. Ironically, the army chosen to lead the assault is being hand picked up by Voldemort himself.

If there’s anything we’ve learnt from the HP series is that Potter can’t be friends with the Dark Lord not to his attrition. IK might be able to pull off a successful rally in Karachi or wherever he likes with invisible help but he must also understand that those who can make him a juggernaut in no time and can also make him vanish in a jiffy.

Haris Tohid is a correspondent at Geo TV. He can be reached at haristohid@hotmail.com

Disclaimer: All views/opinions expressed in this blog don't necessarily reflect the organization's stance on the subject
These people are those cartoons who never understand feeling of people the level of corruption and brutality people have face because of our old political parties is the reason why people are going with Imran Khan but these people think that change only come through Army

not gonna happen in karachi it seems, sindh government has blocked imran from doing jalsa in mazar e quaid and on 25th

As if Mazar-e-Quid or Karachi in kay Baap ka hay... Rok ke tho dek le.

PS: Did I just talked in MQM like tone?

permission or no permission, Aman jalsa tou ho ker rahe ga !!

Back
Top Bottom