What's new

The Indian Fist ~Arjun MBT and Arjun Mark II

absolutely nothing - keep up the good work - one day the 'myth' of the arjun would be laid to rest

Come on fatman, he posted an article from 2009, just like he is posting other older articles and then gets into conclusions. When somebody takes an old article of JF 17 and talks about issues that are solved long ago, would you take that as good work as well? ;)

The arjun was "speculated" to be a great MBT. The keyword here being "speculated". It is however considered obsolete by most analysts and observers. This is primarily the reason behind the acquisition of the Russian tanks and the development of the Mark II version of the Arjun MBT. Its being developed, i suppose that's a good thing .

And you just speculate that it's not with your conclusions, the article said:

is considered obsolete by some

You instead made:

is however considered obsolete by most analysts and observers

out of it, but that's your personal opinion only and not even based on the old source you posted here. Most of the downsides that are mentioned were corrected before they fielded the Arjun against the T90 and only after these trials, IA ordered more Arjuns. That once again shows how old you source is, but even more that the Arjun order had nothing to do with the order of T90s, because that was done way earlier and Arjun will be ordered in addition.

If you want to criticise anything, you should at least come up with actual sources, that points out issues that it still has.

T 90 is no doubt a better tank but it delieverd to indian army as downgraded version without Shitora 1 protection, without any tech transfer for its tank shell ,with poor workmanship ,frequent shut down in deserts even the fire control systen now developed by drdo as the earlier one supplied by russia failed in high temp... If you do some google you actully smell a huge scam in it and might be wondered how could we do this!

What Exactly are You trying to Imply?? Well all the Speculations were buried Underground when Arjun MBT was Challenged with T-90 and T-72, You still Stick to Myths and face off the reality... Do check out my videos above and Correct your views....

Army hasnt Ordered More Arjuns Because 1000 T-90's were already ordered, and Army is reserving the Rest 2000 Orders for Arjun MkII, Why would Army buy Mk1 when Promised an MKII tank before 2015....
I think you mistook his intentions. Your tank's 'mark1' seems to be getting obsolete for now and simple reason from what I gather in the 2 videos you posted is that you might be needing a more modern and perhaps lighter version of the same make.

To claim the arjun is better than the t-90 is stupid. Whatever "tests" they did was either with a toned down version or never took place.

To claim the arjun is better than the t-90 is stupid. Whatever "tests" they did was either with a toned down version or never took place.

yea!you the one who organised that event etc etc ... Any Source or you mite got inside story aint u got ??

Markus Arjun or T-90, who cares?

Any tank that can wreck the enemy's a$$ will do.

And best part is if the enemy has something that spots Arjun's well before and ripes it's a$$ before dear arjun fixes itself.:lol:

Thanks for the link.

I could not find any significant advantage that AK has over Arjun, except maybe ERA (of which there is no mention in the given article).

Smoothbore/ rifled bore, Autoloader/ manual issues have been discussed to death and I think if IA says it does not need an autoloader then we should be OK with it.

Please elaborate!

Let me make ur life easier..
AK is much lighter which means more fuel efficient robust and maneuverable. Thats a very big advantage in battle field.!

Arjun is going to sink the roads and break railway lines during its shipment!

The might of arjunk is as much a reality as the existence of hero it is named after!
Both are mythical heros! both have / will go down the history!

Sir, that is your opinion, not necessarily the truth!:disagree:

Will you please elaborate what deficiencies you still find in the Arjun that render it inferior from operational PoV?

Arjun is a joke! How could it beat T-90?

The really funny part is i honestly expected to see some good inputs about the issues surrounding the mK1 .........silly me. You dont need to get all defensive and start raging just because a tank was criticised. I even ended it on a positive note by stating the indian intention to upgrade the tank.

If any indian wonders why they are constantly attacked, here is your answer.

If you want to make an argument, then do so with civility.

Back
Top Bottom