What's new

The Legend of Maula Jatt becomes most viewed trailer of Pakistani film industry

Production quality, storyline, actors, it looks amazing. The Pakistani movie industry seem to be upping their game.

In 2022 there are too many Pakistani internet users so getting more views than other film's trailers after years of advertisements is not a big thing. I am sure this is bakwas film.
Gal sun veere, je sada culture vvare gal haigi rehn de.

Live and let live

Looks nice for the city people, but it is so cringe if you r from rural areas. The "punjabi" clearly has, (how do i say?) been urdufied here, the locations looks exactly like a city dweller would imagine a "pind" looks like. Over all nice, but cringe.

One of the most badASS dialog ever written in any language " Maule nu Maula na maare, Te Maula ni Marda ".

Its almost a meme now. Lol

Looks nice for the city people, but it is so cringe if you r from rural areas. The "punjabi" clearly has, (how do i say?) been urdufied here, the locations looks exactly like a city dweller would imagine a "pind" looks like. Over all nice, but cringe.
I think if the movie was to accurately represent a pind, it wouldn't be as interesting or fit the aesthetic anymore.

Also the target demographic is probably the urban populace anyway. I could imagine people who aren't from the subcontinent tuning in to watch.

Ham Pakistani film discuss kar rahay tumhara sikhon ka culture kahan sa aa gaya beech main?
Ji aap karo bhai bhaiye.

Par gal sun, je mai sada kehnda oh honda punjabi, es wich sikhi kitho laayi tu?

Tu pange lain ne bas? Izzat samjh ni aundi tenu?

TLOMJ’s trailer crosses over 6m views on YouTube alone
View attachment 880823
The much-anticipated movie, The Legend of Maula Jatt, has become the most viewed first look and official trailer in Pakistan with over 60 million views.

The trailer has been greatly appreciated by the audience on all social media platforms including Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and Facebook.

The upcoming Punjabi language movie TLOMJ is said to be Pakistan’s most expensive movie to date, and it also has a star-studded cast.

The official theatrical trailer of the movie was released on August 14, 2022, and it got an incredible response from the fans.

The movie is a remake of 1979 classic Punjabi movie Maula Jatt starring Fawad Khan, Hamza Ali Abbasi, Mahira Khan, Humaima Malik, and Mirza Gohar Rasheed in leading roles.

Helmed by Bilal Lashari, the movie is produced by Ammara Hikmat under the joint venture of Encyclomedia & Lashari Films in association with AAA Motion Pictures.

The Legend of Maula Jatt promises to cast some of the most prominent singers of Pakistani music industry such as Ali Azmat and Faris Shafi.

Initially, TLOMJ was planned to release in 2019, but due to a legal battle against the movie, due to a copyright lawsuit filed by the producer of original Maula Jatt, and the global pandemic the movie was delayed, but nowmovie will hit the theaters on October 13, 2022.

Is it because the trailer was released more then a year ago ?

Seen it and height of over acting. Sultan Rahi and Mustafa Qureshi were in their league of their own. That type of acting suited them. First of all most of these guys are not even Punjabi and are doing a terrible job with Punjabi and on top of that over acting.

I am from the city and I said the same thing on another thread...
In fact this is the biggest complain I have heard from everyone
I wish they had some real 6 + bada** mofos as heroes and villains and of course with better accents

Seen it and height of over acting. Sultan Rahi and Mustafa Qureshi were in their league of their own. That type of acting suited them. First of all most of these guys are not even Punjabi and are doing a terrible job with Punjabi and on top of that over acting.
Hamza ali abbasi and Natt Jr are Punjabi
Fawad khan is too soft to play Maula jatt and no one except his target audience (teens) really likes the guy, most people find him incredibly gay and corny
Mustafa Qureshi spoke Sindhi as his native language but it didn't hinder his ability to play Noori Natt
Rangeela spoke Pakhto (originally from Afghanistan) as his first language but it didn't hinder his ability to play leading characters in Punjabi movies - I feel modern artists just don't put in enough effort to correct their accents

Last edited:
I am from the city and I said the same thing on another thread...
In fact this is the biggest complain I have heard from everyone
I wish they had some real 6 + bada** mofos as heroes and villains and of course with better accents

Hamza ali abbasi and Natt Jr are Punjabi
Fawad khan is too soft to play Maula jatt and no one except his target audience (teens) really likes the guy, most people find him incredibly gay and corny
Mustafa Qureshi spoke Sindhi as his native language but it didn't hinder his ability to play Noori Natt
Rangeela spoke Pakhto (originally from Afghanistan) as his first language but it didn't hinder his ability to play leading characters in Punjabi movies - I feel modern artists just don't put in enough effort to correct their accents

Hamza abassi is riyasti not Punjabi.

Movies and TV almost always rewrite history. All the period movies produced by Hollywood and even the BBC depict the past very differently from reality. The past is often romanticized. The sets are clean, the costumes appeal to modern tastes, and the makeup is contemporary. If you don't do that, few people will watch. As for the language, let's just say the Romans or the Spartans certainly did not speak English.

Ticket selling will start on September 30, 2022...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom