What's new

The literacy factor: 30m Pakistanis aged 4 to 16 deprived of education

I wonder from where they come us with these numbers..
There hasnt been a census for as long as i can remember..
The lase census was in zia's times..

Exactly ..I mentioned in other threads also. Whatever data coming out of Pakistan whether its population figures or social indicators or the ever popular toilets is a guesstimate at best.

So here you come from 30 to 25 million. Very well! You perhaps should read and see which organization had conducted this survey. I heard about it for the first time, SPRAC! Search on internet to know that most of the credible institutes around the world conduct such survey starting from age group >10 and >15. A world Bank's survey last time i saw, started from >15. Just visit the website of this NGO and see the overall behavior and posts there. A typical dollar Hungary website, in lines with western propaganda.

Do you have a counter point or simply trying to discredit a survey because it does not agree with your POV...

SPARC has consultative status with the United Nations ECOSOC (Economic and Social Council) and the United Nations Department of Public Information. It also has partnership with Defence for Children International (DCI).

In 2003, SPARC received the United Nations Recognition Award in recognition of its work in highlighting the plight of children and promoting the rights of children in Pakistan.

In 2006 SPARC received USAID certification under the USAID Institutional Management Certification Programme (IMCP).

The figure for primary school was 7.3 Million in 2009

5ei9ud.png

http://www.uis.unesco.org/FactSheets/Documents/FS12_2011_OOSC_EN.pdf

Seeing this data, though Pakistan is doing very bad.

But Its shameful that whole of erstwhile British India ie India, Pakistan and Bangladesh are performing worst in whole world. Indeed our priorities are not right.

Do you have a counter point or simply trying to discredit a survey because it does not agree with your POV...

I do have a point. We have problems in education system of Pakistan. The overall literacy rate of Pakistan is 58%. But this is low for higher age groups. Suggesting that for youngest age group it is less than 50% is simply bullshit. I have objections because I know NGOs like these have no tangible work in Pakistan. They earn money for spouting their venom against Pakistan and Islam. The largest NGOs of Pakistan have never been funded from outside, rather they are bashed for their religious affiliations.

Those not registered are either going to private NG schools or religious schools - in Punjab - only a small minority are not going to school. Another foreign funded NGO trying to gain funds by showing a bleak outlook.

Only 12 per cent literacy rate in South Punjab – by Rana Latif « Saraiki Waseb Development Organization (SWADO)

Bro which Punjab are you talking about?

Only 12 per cent literacy rate in South Punjab – by Rana Latif...I guess some person here was saying 17% literatcy rate of southern Punjab (Sariki belt ) and around 70 to80 of upper Punjab (I forget but it was huge difference that made my blood boiled for poor Sariki belt...but there are the cities in South Punjab which have high literacry as well)...

some of people in forum were sayng which was suggesting huge litteracy rate disparity in upper punajab and southern Punjab and incidently this area is poor and used for highly recuriteement for Taliban....

This area has rural population mostly and school are either in a distance (if) and MOSTLY are poor and concern more ROTI than education....Incidently souh Punjab is a too big area than upper punjab and accomdating 20% of population of Punjab (I just make a guess...)

4 to 16 years ..there is a possibility of 30% not at all enrolled ..some children will be enrolled at age 6 ,many are out of school before 16 making it overall more than 30 million out of school ...the point to be noted is if one wants to know how many children are in school he simply has to go to state education board where all data will be available including madrasas .. Just assume total no of children by standard data you are gonna get total no. Of children out of school ..obviously there will be around 2% error ..

The last census were conducted during 1998.It's more than a decade now.And all hue and cry we listen on the media is about elections and political issues.The same reasons because of which census were delayed in 2008.

Quality education and it's availability to masses (quantity) ,we are lacking in both.
Who knows...?
The condition can be grim,in the absence of a reliable data.

I wonder from where they come us with these numbers..
There hasnt been a census for as long as i can remember..
The lase census was in zia's times..

Read the Pakistan Millenium Development Report 2010, its a eye opener. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom