What's new

The magic bullet, devised by the US military that can change direction.

mughaljee

Reaction score
For the past six years, the US military has been developing a bullet that can change direction after it has been fired. And now, almost £15m later, they have the proof that it works.

Earlier this month, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa) – an agency tasked with coming up with the weapons of the future for the US government – released 2014/07/10 EXACTO Demonstrates First-Ever Guided .50-Caliber Bullets

The grainy clip shows a live-fire test of a .50-caliber bullet at a target, even though the rifle is aimed at a different point. A line of flight depicts how the bullet changes course to make its way to the target.

The footage might resemble the graphics from a shooting game on the ZX Spectrum or Commodore 64, but it could hold the key to revolutionising modern warfare. The basic nature of the video is an indication of just how tight-lipped Darpa is about its technology, and it wouldn’t reveal exactly how the bullet was guided while in flight. The test was part of the agency’s EXACTO (Extreme Accuracy Tasked Ordnance) project.
The magic bullet devised by the US military that can change direction | Metro News
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
رخ بدلنے والی ’میجک‘ بلٹ

امریکا کے محکمہ دفاع نے ہدف کا پیچھا کرتے ہوئے اسے کامیابی سے نشانہ بنانے والی گولی کا کامیاب تجربہ کیا ہے۔

فروری میں ہونے والے نئے ٹیسٹ میں تجربہ کار سنائپرز نے گولی سے بچنے کی کوشش کرنے والے اہداف کو ہر مرتبہ کامیابی سے ہٹ کیا۔

محکمہ دفاع کے مطابق، حتی کہ پہلی مرتبہ اس ٹیکنالوجی کو استعمال کرنے والوں نے بھی کامیاب نتائج حاصل کیے۔

Extreme Accuracy Tasked Ordnance weapon (Exacto) نامی یہ منصوبہ امریکی حکومت کے عسکری ریسرچ ایجنسی (ڈارپا) کیلئے بنایا جا رہا ہے۔

امریکا نے یہ واضح نہیں کیا کہ گولی کا رخ تبدیلی کرنے کیلئے کون سی ٹیکنالوجی استعمال کی گئی۔

حکام نے صرف اتنا بتایا کہ موجودہ دور کے سنائپر سسٹم کو مزید بہتر بنانے کیلئے نئے طریقہ کار اور جدید سہولتوں سے استفادہ کیا گیا ہے۔

گولی میں استعمال ہونے والی ٹیکنالوجی اسے موسم اور ہوا کے مطابق ایڈجسٹ کرتی ہے۔ یہ جدید گولی متحرک ہدف تک پہنچنے کیلئے ہوا میں رخ تبدیل کر لیتی ہے۔

اس جدید ٹیکنالوجی نے نا صرف سنائپرز بلکہ فائرنگ کا زیادہ تجربہ نہ رکھنے والے بھی مزید موثر ہو جائیں گے۔

رخ بدلنے والی ’میجک‘ بلٹ - World

Holy crap!! Testing on a moving target!

Holyyyy Fkuc....This Bullet is going to make "Snipers" retired.. :suicide2::suicide:

I wonder whether before firing this bullet,the target has to illuminate.They way the bullet is bending,its acting like Heat/IR seeking missile.

Holyyyy Fkuc....This Bullet is going to make "Snipers" retired.. :suicide2::suicide:

I wonder whether before firing this bullet,the target has to illuminate.They way the bullet is bending,its acting like Heat/IR seeking missile.

Laser guided I think.

Thats fine.but I'm asking whether the target was still illuminated so that seeker can guide the bullet to target or something like it??

I think you shoot the bullet and keep a scoped laser on the rifle pointed at the moving target.

Looks like less than 20 feet of course change. So if the target is moving extremely fast it wouldn't work.

image.jpg

I can see a good use for it

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom