What's new

The Master ‘PLAN’: China’s New Guided Missile Destroyer

The Type 052D's VLS units will contain the DH-10 cruise missiles, which can use against both land targets and ship targets.

The Type 052D is basically a mini 1/2 version of the Type 055, once the weapon systems on the Type 052D has become more mature and the new powerful QC185 propulsion being ready, then it will be ported on the Type 055, which has the double firepower of a single Type 052D.
I can't agree more, that's why the appearance of 052D is a big significance. because it show the good base for china new future warship!!
And, I hope, 055 can be mounted railgun, china also grasp it, 055 is big enough, it could mount railgun!! Maybe we still be patient for it!!

I can't agree more, that's why the appearance of 052D is a big significance. because it show the good base for china new future warship!!
And, I hope, 055 can be mounted railgun, china also grasp it, 055 is big enough, it could mount railgun!! Maybe we still be patient for it!!

rail guns are still decades away.

According to the first hand information from HSH, the Type 055 will not be only produced by the JN shipyard.

The HP shipyard now has tried to move its new shipyard to a bigger place, so this means they are ready to produce the Type 055 in the near future as well, maybe also HD and DL shipyards.

We need to quickly build up a powerful navy in order to defend our sovereignty.

This time next year all the talk will be on Type 055 DDG.

How can people be that stupid? It is pure fantasy to believe China will build a small navy. Any idiot should be smart enough to realize that China will build a powerful navy commensurate with China's economic size and technological power.

Every armchair general knows China's strategic plan is to build a massive navy and push the U.S. out of China's backyard in Asian waters. A Chinese admiral specifically said that China will take care of the waters west of Hawaii and the U.S. is only responsible for waters east of Hawaii. This is called peaceful co-existence. You stay out of my business and I stay out of yours.

Everyone knows China meticulously researches and develops its military technology before mass production.

We've seen it previously when China waited until its submarine technology was matured before pumping them out "like sausages" (see citation below). Everyone should have known China was waiting for its DDG technology to mature before volume construction.

We've also seen it with regard to ICBMs. China said, "no nuclear limit" and it will build an ICBM force equal to the United States. The DF-41 10-MIRVed ICBM is clearly proof of China's intent and strategic goals.
China will eventually build a larger navy than the United States when the Chinese nominal economy exceeds the U.S. economy. That is common sense.
You make an argument for anti-China forces to fear China as a military threat, even though the reality is, China is not even remotely in the same league as the United States militarily. Japan's navy is far stronger than China's. Even Taiwan's navy would put up a good fight if it weren't for the overwhelming advantage of the PLAAF. This reminds me of fantasy role playing. It's very unlikely Japan would stay stagnant in the face of 16 052C/D DDGs 8-10 odd years from now. It's much more likely that an Asian arms race would ensue and only a financial collapse would stall the buildup.

The Type 052D is basically a mini 1/2 version of the Type 055, once the weapon systems on the Type 052D has become more mature and the new powerful QC185 propulsion being ready, then it will be ported on the Type 055, which has the double firepower of a single Type 052D.
Supposedly, each 052B/C use 2 QC-280s while the proposed 055 would probably use 4 QC-185s. The nominal power rating of each QC-185 is supposedly 18.5MW or around ~80% of the QC-280 (clone of GT25000) which would be enough to power a 9500+ tonne warship. Sounds like a plan.

Back
Top Bottom