What's new

The New Pakistan US Relationship (After the Salala Check-Post Attack)

The thing which irritates me the most is the image of pakistan shown in the U.S media.

Lies lies and only lies about pakistan, only long beard people from tribal areas, they never show urban areas and their development even if it is necessary to show urban areas they use camera techniques to make it look like ****, they only show fundamentalist people which are in extreme minority. And ignore the vast majority of peaceful people in pakistan.

Well, it is highly debatable who stabbed whom. Personally, I think that Pakistan has stabbed the US in the back by harboring terrorists like the Haqqanis and al Qaeda who kill your allies, i.e. us.

Before that, it is same goes to US, US has stabbed Pakistan in the back by harboring terrorists like Afghan terrorists, TTP, Al Qaeda, and protect them under the US to kill their allies- i.e Pakistan. :disagree:

You better explain clearly on your position to clarify intentions and proof it.

read carefully-The problem here IS US PARANOIA, ARROGANCE, WAR MONGERING AND DECEPTION.

(Just ignore Indians kids and newbies dealers)

BS. Unless Pakistan kills al Qaeda, US drones will. You are either with US or against US. End of story, your choice .....

How do you explain that before the invasion of Afghanistan
(1) There was no Alqaeda in Pakistan
(2) There were no suicide bombings in Pakistan

The first thing US failed should have done was to separate Alqaeda from Taliban because they are different groups, with different ideology and different purpose. The only one thing that US has done for sure is make new enemies in that region which will haunt US for decades.

The best thing US should have done was taking the Taliban in to confidence and then going after Alqaeda, in that case the situation would have been much different.

The way I see that this WOT has failed in many aspects.
(1) Trillions of dollars spend to find one man, Osama
(2) Failed strategy leading to unexpected outcomes
(3) Creation of many other smaller elements within Taliban
(4) Making more enemies than friends
(5) 70% of Afghanistan is still under Taliban control
(6) Drone strikes in Pakistan are not effective as they are sometimes targeting innocent people; therefore, creating new enemies

Conclusion is that the US being in that region has only done harm to Pakistan than any good. So my answer will be that Pakistan should neither support US or neither support Taliban and become neutral in this WOT.

Military wise, USA has won the war but strategy wise, USA miserably failed it and the only way US will win this war is if it withdraws and nukes Afghanistan (Although keep in mind that i do not support this idea)

Well, it is highly debatable who stabbed whom. Personally, I think that Pakistan has stabbed the US in the back by harboring terrorists like the Haqqanis and al Qaeda who kill your allies, i.e. us.

Threating us to "cooperate with you otherwise you will push us back to stone age". yeah this is the attitude of a friend*

This is the attitude of a friend whom we supported in soviet-afghan war.

I don't think americans are back stabber... all of their friends are in a good state... (Korea, japan, middle east, europe etc..)
Korea: Massive US military presence - a nation subjugated/torn apart through war against Communism'
Japan: Massive US Military presence - (a nation subjugated after WWII)
Middle East: Massive Military presence and a host of dictators wallowing in wealth created by US/Western energy demands
Europe: Massive military presence and roped into a military alliance against the 'Communist Threat'

Are you starting to see a pattern yet?

you shouldnt have a big mouth after reading news of six nato killed by an afghan soldier you trained, even those you trained are killing you

you have lost in afghanistan not because of pakistan, pakistan is just the scapegoat

It shows Americans are always well prepared for worst case Scenario. Like many idiotic Pakistani were thinking of starving American soldiers even for toilet paper but look 1 month already passed and what we are Hearing the extension of direct rail line to Mazar-e-Sharif, a direct rail line from Riga in Russian gauge. I never heard any news of any ill-effect to Americans but Pakistani economy seems to be struggling with Aid cut.
O YES sir! "They are prepared" & we are enjoying food & coffee here in cold winter.I know You can't stop your love with U.S.Let them complete their extension of rail line If you can help them out I suggest you to go & help E'm out because You are the true lover & provide some man power too.U.S aid won't effect that much as regularly mentioned here for Making us "Oohh I'm so afraid!!".Let us to enjoy food & coffee here in PAKISTAN until we are attacked.:chilli:

Not only that but also fighting with them against NATO & western allies :taz: Is that all right now??? or want more blames of Your failure.

So it would be back to square one pretty soon, eh? Whatever happened to 'self respect' and 'sovereignty' that the Pakistan Establishment has been shouting from rooftops and so vociferously? Has Pakistan already forgotten the incident when 24 soldiers were killed by NATO after a blatant surprise attack on its posts?

Whatever happened to all that fire and brimstone emanating from all and sundry about the need to teach America a lesson? What happened to all that anti American sentiment when the Pakistanis in unison said that they would rather die than lose self respect by accepting American largesse in the form of billions of dollars for their support in that so called WOT?

Seems all that was just a lot of hot air. Because the Establishment is well aware that they can go just this far and no further. Pushing America any further could even result in suspension of all aid from the U.S. controlled World Bank and the IMF which would be a catastrophe for Pakistan's economy.

As I mentioned earlier on another thread:

You can thumb a nose at a super power, but can't show it the stick!

So, it would be back to business as usual, sooner than later!

You're a Indian, so its your duty to see to it that Pakistan is hurt in every way possible.

To achieve that, you will apply every method in the book, mainly the emotional ones. To get Pakistan to act irrationally by responding to emotional taunts.

But its our duty to see to it that our motherland does not get hurt. And especially over issues she can benefit from greatly. This deal or deals is one of those issues.

There is nothing wrong with any deal Pakistan makes with NATO and the US which will benefit Pakistan, its economy, its infrastructure, its energy needs and ultimately the Pakistanis themselves.

No matter how much emotional pandering you bring in, in the end we will act in the manner most beneficial to our nation and we will support any such manner.

To achieve that, you will apply every method in the book, mainly the emotional ones. To get Pakistan to act irrationally by responding to emotional taunts.

Do you really believe that what we talk here has any bearing whatsoever on how the govts of India or Pakistan will react/behave.. All that happens here is point scoring and oneupmanship.. Case in point, is the total silence on this issue from the govt of India

I have no intentions of infringing into this argument nor am i saying that your synopsis is wrong...However i do want to say one thing...just bcoz problems in Pakistan surfaced after 9/11 it would be foolish to simply blame US for the mess...May be they are responsible may be they are not...but one thing is a fact...this problem do have its roots right in the 80's...that is the period when radicalization of Pak was taking place under Zia...As per me 9/11 might have acted as a catalyst to speed up the problems that Pak would have eventually faced...bcoz radicals were gaining strength and we all know what their intentions are...it was pretty evident from the episode of Banur...Look you are in conflict path with radicals bcoz you are an ally in the WOT..Had it not been WOT something else would have triggered what we are seeing bcoz world has changed...there is simply zero tolerance for terror if it is effecting interests of powerful nations..unfortunately for pak the so called jihadists are doing exactly that...

Good thinking...to see Pakistani Perspective and expose US lies.

So let’s see the Pakistan report. I’d like to read it and compare it with the US report.

The response should be
1) INDEFINITE Ban on “NATO Supplies”.
2) Vacation of Jacob Abad and all other Airbases in use of Americans.
3) Permanent HALT to Drone Attacks.

The response should be
1) INDEFINITE Ban on “NATO Supplies”.
2) Vacation of Jacob Abad and all other Airbases in use of Americans.
3) Permanent HALT to Drone Attacks.

So what happens when USA comes back with responses to the above demands that Pakistan cannot resist?

The first thing US failed should have done was to separate Alqaeda from Taliban because they are different groups, with different ideology and different purpose. The only one thing that US has done for sure is make new enemies in that region which will haunt US for decades.

The best thing US should have done was taking the Taliban in to confidence and then going after Alqaeda, in that case the situation would have been much different.

The way I see that this WOT has failed in many aspects.
(1) Trillions of dollars spend to find one man, Osama
(2) Failed strategy leading to unexpected outcomes
(3) Creation of many other smaller elements within Taliban
(4) Making more enemies than friends
(5) 70% of Afghanistan is still under Taliban control
(6) Drone strikes in Pakistan are not effective as they are sometimes targeting innocent people; therefore, creating new enemies

Conclusion is that the US being in that region has only done harm to Pakistan than any good. So my answer will be that Pakistan should neither support US or neither support Taliban and become neutral in this WOT.

Military wise, USA has won the war but strategy wise, USA miserably failed it and the only way US will win this war is if it withdraws and nukes Afghanistan (Although keep in mind that i do not support this idea)

One of the best solutions. We should remain neutral. But the problem is will the US leave us even if we declare neutrality?

So what happens when USA comes back with responses to the above demands that Pakistan cannot resist?

As long as there is not a "free" democracy.. they will be accepted and more pressing issues such as the anti-Islamic practice of nailpolish will take the assembly floor.

Back
Top Bottom