What's new

The number of female smokers in Pakistan 'is on the rise'

FalconsForPeace

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The number of female smokers in Pakistan has tended to be very low when compared to men who smoke.

But anti-smoking campaigners say there has been a five percent increase in the number of women smokers in Pakistan over the last three years.

In Pakistan's conservative society, women who smoke are often frowned upon, which means that many have to smoke in secret.

BBC Urdu's Iram Abbasi reports.

BBC News - The number of female smokers in Pakistan 'is on the rise'

The number of female smokers in Pakistan has tended to be very low when compared to men who smoke.

But anti-smoking campaigners say there has been a five percent increase in the number of women smokers in Pakistan over the last three years.

In Pakistan's conservative society, women who smoke are often frowned upon, which means that many have to smoke in secret.

BBC Urdu's Iram Abbasi reports.

BBC News - The number of female smokers in Pakistan 'is on the rise'
almost every single old lady in the villages smokes hookahs already

In India a lot of girls in the big cities (like Delhi or Bombay) smoke in college for style, usually Marlboro lights. :P They generally quit it after college though.

In India a lot of girls in the big cities (like Delhi or Bombay) smoke in college for style, usually Marlboro lights. :P They generally quit it after college though.

Smoking marlboro light is a waste of money. :lol:

You smoke ! :o:

I can't smoke because I'm asthmatic ! :(

I would've loved to take puffs of some Cohibba Cigars ! :smokin:

I have asthma too but I still have the occasional smoke with my friends but cigars and those are worse.

I have asthma too but I still have the occasional smoke with my friends but cigars and those are worse.

Hurrr cheeez mein meriii copy ! :disagree:

I'm a Kashmiri so you've started calling yourself a Kashmiri, I'm a Punjabi so you've started calling yourself a Punjabi & now I'm Asthmatic so you've started calling yourself Asthmatic - When will this Hero Worship end ! :hitwall:

Sure they smoke now, next they will be having orgies in the street. Ridiculous. They should be given lashes! (get your mind out of the gutter :D )

But what @Developereo sounds about right.

Tobacco companies have shifted their focus to China, India and other countries.

I'm a Kashmiri so you've started calling yourself a Kashmiri, I'm a Punjabi so you've started calling yourself a Punjabi & now I'm Asthmatic so you've started calling yourself Asthmatic - When will this Hero Worship end ! :hitwall:

As soon as your delusions do.

Aapto PDF ka hero hai

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom