What's new

The number zero was invented in Ancient Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
oK WHY does india goes on about that they invented the zero
Heck its reached here in London !

If i'm correct it was invented by Arabs

When I went to Egypt, they claimed that zero was invented there ...
Anyways I could not read all the posts... any conclusion till now ???

No , there has been no consensus who invented the Zero.

Like the shape of a zero , we are running around in circles & reach the same point each time.

Wiki sites. Great references. Kids channels, and then other uncredible links, which define "India" as the subcontinent, and not modern day India's boundaries.

The credible links have been given in this thread. I'd say the number zero was a gradual invention over many centuries, within the borders of modern day Pakistan.

I'm not interested in discussing stupid theories that Pakistan never existed before 1947, as if it miraculously dropped from space one day.

The problem arises because some Pakistanis have come to be paranoid of the word India. The word India when used in the context of ancient history includes them also.

Here we go again...

To Indian friends - I think there is no need to defend this new trend among Pakistanis to claim their pre-islamic history. Its a welcome change. Pakistani friend's have not realized yet that its a dead end. I gave an example earlier that one of the IVC artifacts has a man depicted in yoga position. Now, I don't think so Pakistani's would want to own such facts. Thats where the problem lies. You can not just pick and choose. Its really difficult these days to manipulate archeology/history to suit your need.

Moreover, if Aryabhatta or Brahmagupta gives Pakistanis motivation and inspiration to excel in mathematics and science, then I welcome it. It will be good for Pakistanis as well as rest of the world.

In the end it does not matter if Einstein was your father or my father, what matters is who can get inspired by him and deliver what he delivered.

Wiki sites. Great references. Kids channels, and then other uncredible links, which define "India" as the subcontinent, and not modern day India's boundaries.

The credible links have been given in this thread. I'd say the number zero was a gradual invention over many centuries, within the borders of modern day Pakistan.

I'm not interested in discussing stupid theories that Pakistan never existed before 1947, as if it miraculously dropped from space one day.

Well actually it very nearly did ( not from space though).

The land mass contained with the truncated boundries of what now is Pak existed before '47 as a part of India . Pak as a nation existed only in the minds before then.

I hasten to add that I do not wish to start a useless debate on a topic that leads no where.

As far as the Zero is concerned, what we discuss here is of no consequence.

lastly , could you suggest some sources which would be ' credible'?

no point in this thread ...pakistan was formed in 1947. any discovery prior to it cannot be claimed by it. reason-india was split to form pak and bd , so the concept of pakistan is only from 47 hence it does not share the history of india even if it was created from it.

say you own a company and i was a part of it for some time, then i break away and form a new company.... then can i show the products created by your company as creadiblity for other investors to invest in my company just because i was a part of it once ? the answer is- no.

So basically a lot of things were invented in Pakistan(or in the region before the political entity called Pakistan) but ever since Muhammad bin Qasim came to the place nothing much has been invented.

I gave an example earlier that one of the IVC artifacts has a man depicted in yoga position. Now, I don't think so Pakistani's would want to own such facts. Thats where the problem lies. You can not just pick and choose.

So what? I do yoga, as does my father. What has that got to do with Pakistani identity? Or have you even appropriated yogi exercises into an exclusive Hindu theology? If not, then whats the matter with Ancient Pakistanis and Modern Pakistanis doing yoga?

Last edited:
So what? I do yoga, as does my father. What has that got to do with Pakistani identity? Or have you even appropriated yogi exercises into an exclusive Hindu theology? If not, then whats the matter with Ancient Pakistanis and Modern Pakistanis doing yoga?

I don't have any problems with it. Your religious authorities are issuing fatwas against it.

We should of course state clearly that both Panini and Pingala were mathematicians from the land area known today as Pakistan, not India.

Indeed, I have provided solid (academic) evidence that Brahmagupta was from Multan, "today's Pakistan", also.

I completely agree with you. Pakistan's historical claim on Brahmagupta is as valid and good as Italy's claim on Galileo.

Even Columbia University (one of the best Universities in the US) has in it's library a book by Al Beruni which confirms Brahmagupta was born in modern day Pakistan (Multan area).

Columbia University Libraries: Alberuni's India (Vol. 1)

Modern day "Indian's" are leeching off of ancient Indian history which is modern day Pakistan. This is academic dishonesty and they should be discredited by the academic community.

This is why the term "Ancient Pakistan" must be adopted by the historic and academic community because of Hindustans usury of the "Indian" name it's important to distinguish real ancient Indian history which happened in modern day Pakistan. Otherwise Indians will continue to leech of the achievements of the IVC as their own very pathetic I might add.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom