What's new

"The Operation in Afghanistan is rooted in Israel".

Did she say that Afghanistan is not threat to "America proper"?

Maybe she needs a visit to ground zero.

We don't need to be in Afghanistan to reach out and touch Iran in a meaningful way. Neither do our allies in Afghanistan need us to complicate their lives by such. Finally, I'm utterly unconvinced that our present SECDEF would recommend such military operations against Iran from Afghan soil but I'm absolutely convinced that our present POTUS, if recommended, would reject such.

For myself, I'll place greater belief in our intent for Afghanistan as espoused here-

War In Afghanistan: Strategy, Military Operations, and Issues For Congress-Congressional Research Service Jan. 23, 2009

We've plenty of good reasons to be in Afghanistan. Iran isn't one of them.

Thanks.

^^
Oh yea.

BTW whose doctrine is it to go into Afghanistan ?

If you allude to the U.S. you are right about that. My question would be though would the U.S. have had to go into Afghanistan if the Taliban were not in power shielding Bin Laden. And who helped bring about the rise of the Taliban? Who funded and helped them?

as far as the Col. is concerned. I would not put to much confidence in what they say. plenty of retired military and Government officials have claimed outlandish things simply because they are not right in the head or simply trying to make money from conspiracy books and speaking fees. I can show you another example of a retired Col. that claims he was in charge of disseminating alien technology for reverse engineering while assigned to the pentagon.

Last edited:
The doctrine failed, Aghanistan is a big mess again and nobody knows what is going to happen in Afghanistan after all troops leave in coming montha soon enough.

The doctrine failed, Aghanistan is a big mess again and nobody knows what is going to happen in Afghanistan after all troops leave in coming montha soon enough.

US has no plans to leave Afghanistan for any foreseeable future.

Real target is Pakistan, Afghanistan is a simply a launch pad.
Remember the words of by US state secretary to Pakistan's military Attache.... ''we will take Pakistan to stone age!''
The are working on it... they may not come direct face to face to Pakistan but they will guide and support India both financially, advisory and military.

This thread is almost 9 years 11 Months and 1 day old,what you guys are digging from it:undecided:

Back
Top Bottom