What's new

The pain of a woman constable

ajtr

BANNED
Reaction score
The pain of a woman constable

vbk-09-constable_1203582e.jpg

The clash between the Congress workers and the police on Thursday left over 200 people, including 60 police personnel, injured. Here, a protester is attacking the woman constable Constable Pramila Padhi.

Constable Pramila Padhi, who was beaten up by protestors during a face-off between Congress workers and the police at a rally here on Thursday, continues to remain in hospital.

Congress leader and AICC member in charge of Odisha, Jagdish Tytler, apologised on behalf of his party for the attack on Ms. Padhi on Friday, but she told mediapersons on Saturday that no apology would remove her pain.

“The culprits should be punished,” said 39-year-old Ms. Padhi, sitting up on her bed in a private hospital here.

“Ms. Padhi was shifted from a government hospital to a private one on Thursday as she had injuries on her head and body. But doctors found she had no internal injuries. She is recovering,” said Bhubaneswar Deputy Commissioner of Police Nitinjeet Singh.

The police have registered a case on the basis of a complaint filed by Ms. Padhi, and investigation is in progress.

Mr. Singh said Ms. Padhi had been deployed near Barricade No. 1 erected behind the spot from where Congress leaders addressed a gathering. She was there because there were women among the protestors. Some protestors who indulged in hooliganism targeted her. As the Congress workers broke through the barricade, Ms. Padhi was caught in the mob. She was dragged, pushed and beaten with bamboo sticks.

Mr. Singh said footage from closed-circuit cameras installed at the rally venue as well as footage and photographs from television channels and other media outlets were being examined to identify those who attacked Ms. Padhi as well as other police personnel.

A male constable is also being treated in the hospital where Ms. Padhi is now.

=====================================================

Odisha woman cop blames Jagdish Tytler for beating during bandh

The Congress today said it was sorry for the assault on a woman constable during its rally here as the name of AICC in-charge of Odisha Jagdish Tytler came up.

Narrating her experience, the woman constable said, "About 30 to 40 youths attacked me, showered blows, kicked me from back as soon as Jagdish Tytler called on party workers to break the barricade."

Defending Tytler, Congress Chief Whip Prasad Harichandan said that Tytler had asked the partymen to come forward for jail Bharo. "He did not instigate violence.

"I do not think calling upon partymen to court arrest is any crime or instigation," the Congress Chief Whip said.

"This is an unfortunate incident. We are sorry for the assault on the lady constable. Women police should not be deployed at the forefront. We demand action against senior police officers responsible for deployment of women at sensitive places," he said after party MLAs boycotted the assembly.

Leader of Opposition Bhupinder Singh of Congress sought to give a different spin saying "All people present at the rally were not Congress activists. Some people, who are angry over the BJD government's misrule, may have assaulted the woman constable."

Tytler, on the other hand, told a news channel that it was wrong to assault a woman. "There is a bid to defame us in public. The incident has proved that Naveen Patnaik is incapable of giving good governance."

Admitting that the woman constable was manhandled at yesterday's rally, Harichandan said "One must thank Congress workers who saved her."

Senior BJD MLA Pradip Maharathy demanded arrest of Tytler for attempting to create a '1984 Sikh riot like situation here'.

"I can produce evidence of Tytler instigating people at the rally," he said.

BJD women's wing president Pramila Mallick, who met the lady constable in hospital demanded Tytler's arrest for instigating the mob to attack women security personal.

"We will stage a dharna tomorrow demanding arrest of the persons responsible for attack on the lady constable and other policemen," Mallick said.

BJP Legislature Party Leader K V Singhdeo said: "If any leader who used provocative words which instigated the people, needs to be booked."

Meanwhile, the Odisha Human Rights Commission issued notice to the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Bhubaneswar, to submit a report on the attack on the constable.

A Congress delegation also met Governor M Cbhandare demanding a judicial injury into the episode.

34 arrested in Odisha violence, Assembly paralysed

At least 34 people have been arrested in connection with the violence and attack on a woman constable during a Congress rally here which also echoed in the Odisha Assembly today paralysing proceedings.

Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said the violence was condemnable and people were shocked by the assault on the woman constable while Union Minister and Comgress leader Srikant Jena dubbed Odisha as a 'police state' where right to protest and democratic values have been lost.

Thousands of Congress workers clashed with the police yesterday when they tried to picket the state Assembly building demanding resignation of Patnaik over the coalgate row leaving around 260 people including 60 police personnel injured.

At least 34 people have so far been arrested for the violence and attack on the woman constable, Assistant Commissioner of Police Nihar Das said.

In the Assembly, Congress legislators stormed the well protesting police excesses paralysing proceedings.

Shouting slogans against the BJD government and the police action, the opposition members attempted to climb the speaker's podium.

Investigation was being conducted with the help of CCTV footage to identify those who indulged in violence, Das said.

Chairperson of the State Women's Commission Jyoti Panigrahi, who met the the woman constable in hospital, said "We have started an investigation. The manner in which she was heckled and assaulted needs to be condemned."

"People are shocked over the incident that took place in Bhubaneswar yesterday. Odisha is known for its peaceful atmosphere," the chief minister said.

Two major associations of police also threatened to agitate if those involved in the attack on the woman constable and others were not arrested immediately.

Congress has given a call for an Odisha bandh on Monday against alleged police excesses at the rally while the students and women wings of the ruling BJD planned to stage a dharna here tomorrow against 'goonda raj' by Congressmen.

=========================================

so now Jagdish tytler after burning and killing sikhs on delhi roads in 1984 came to level of assaulting woman cop.This is the failure of indian judiciary that this man is still out roaming free.

well it say male constable was treated same but ajtr as a woman feel more pain for woman constable :D it was not her fault as woman but no police man or woman can stand against mob which dont behave

the pain of a man constable

police-and-lady-women-fight-india-funny.jpg

Shame on those people who do not hesitate to feel proud by beating women. And also shame to the Police authority who not only misjudged the situation and had no back up for those poor police men.

Shame on those people who do not hesitate to feel proud by beating women. And also shame to the Police authority who not only misjudged the situation and had no back up for those poor police men.

Do you really feel that she was bashed up bcs she was a women or she was a policeman.

Policewoman should only be posted of there is women involved in the protests or I would say more than 50% of protestors should be women..otherwise there is no place for the police woman in that place.

Sadly thats part of the job being a policeman but heaven forbid that policeman turn around and beat the crap out of her.

Do you really feel that she was bashed up bcs she was a women or she was a policeman.

Policewoman should only be posted of there is women involved in the protests or I would say more than 50% of protestors should be women..otherwise there is no place for the police woman in that place.

She was apparently posted to protect some women congress workers in the crowd. Ironically she was the one who was victimized after the police lathicharged from the barricades. Now what kind of goons the congress workers hired is upto the public to perceive.

so now Jagdish tytler after burning and killing sikhs on delhi roads in 1984 came to level of assaulting woman cop.This is the failure of indian judiciary that this man is still out roaming free.
Lets hope he gets caught in the next few days. The case is really tight this time with video evidence from CCTV cameras that after his inflammatory speech where he directed people to break the barricades and charge into the assembly. More violence is predicted on 10th when Congress has called for a state wide bandh.

She was apparently posted to protect some women congress workers in the crowd. Ironically she was the one who was victimized after the police lathicharged from the barricades. Now what kind of goons the congress workers hired is upto the public to perceive.

Thats what I said before..post policewoman only if the protesters are predominantly women.

Thats what I said before..post policewoman only if the protesters are predominantly women.

I think you didnot get my point. Even if the protesters are majority men, you still need women constables to protect any women participants.

I think you didnot get my point. Even if the protesters are majority men, you still need women constables to protect any women participants.

Protection from whom ..policemen?

For the protesters: Make an announcement that policewomen will only be posted if the protestors are predominantly female..otherwise policeman will do the job. This will prevent the protest organizers to unnecessarily drag their woman folk to the protests and the fear of being manhandled by policemen will keep the women think twice about joining the protests.

For the policewomen: If you want equality with men, better prepare to take the risks associated with it like being bashed up by protesters. From the looks of it the injuries sustained by her is no more than what a policemen would have incurred in the same place.

Well I guess that's equal oppurtunities for you! Why should these people treat her any different just because she is a women? She is a police officer first, she is wearing her uniform no one should expect her to be saved because of her gender. These thugs don't respect the police force so why should they respect her gender? I am bemused by this logic.

Protection from whom ..policemen?

For the protesters: Make an announcement that policewomen will only be posted if the protestors are predominantly female..otherwise policeman will do the job. This will prevent the protest organizers to unnecessarily drag their woman folk to the protests and the fear of being manhandled by policemen will keep the women think twice about joining the protests.
Nobody had dragged women folk to the protests. There were women leaders in congress who were present and had asked for protection from the same state police. By law, the police is obliged to provide same gender protection if available. Now how is the policewoman responsible for performing her duty?

For the policewomen: If you want equality with men, better prepare to take the risks associated with it like being bashed up by protesters. From the looks of it the injuries sustained by her is no more than what a policemen would have incurred in the same place.
Agree to an extent that the policewomen should also be prepared to tackle the risks associated, but have you seen how the mob behaved with the policewoman? She was dragged on the streets, stomped upon, groped and kicked in the back. Now tell me which culture would tolerate this anywhere in the world. The outrage is fully justified and the culprits responsible should be held responsible.

Well I guess that's equal oppurtunities for you! Why should these people treat her any different just because she is a women? She is a police officer first, she is wearing her uniform no one should expect her to be saved because of her gender. These thugs don't respect the police force so why should they respect her gender? I am bemused by this logic.

Exactly..this should be a eye opener to the 'equal opportunity' brigade. If you want equality be prepared to take associated with and not play the gender card when sh*t hits the fan.

Nobody had dragged women folk to the protests. There were women leaders in congress who were present and had asked for protection from the same state police. By law, the police is obliged to provide same gender protection if available. Now how is the policewoman responsible for performing her duty?

Thats what I said earlier..change the rules.

Agree to an extent that the policewomen should also be prepared to tackle the risks associated, but have you seen how the mob behaved with the policewoman? She was dragged on the streets, stomped upon, groped and kicked in the back. Now tell me which culture would tolerate this anywhere in the world. The outrage is fully justified and the culprits responsible should be held responsible.

Violence should not be tolerated but that doesn't make this a special case just bcs a women is at the receiving end of the mob violence.

We really need rules for riots and rallies....................First Mumbai then this !!!..................

Very well then mob should not cry foul if som police woman shot dead some 50-60 on the spot in future.Then mob comes crying about human rights etc.

Very well then mob should not cry foul if som police woman shot dead some 50-60 on the spot in future.Then mob comes crying about human rights etc.

Good lord. Why are you ready to kill 50-60 men at the drop of a hat - oh no, a kanghi.

Take it easy.

well it say male constable was treated same but ajtr as a woman feel more pain for woman constable :D it was not her fault as woman but no police man or woman can stand against mob which dont behave

I for one will send women cops for mob control armed with LMGs with clear order to shoot anyone who even chrge towards them.as fo men constables they deserve such beatings once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom