What's new

The real Red Flag facts...USAF briefing about IAF participation

i have a question that haunts me if india's SU-300 is so so so good...then why is india wasting billions buying MRCA why not invest that amount on devolping SU-30 further or just buy more SU-30s....seriously i am confused...cuz all indians seem to do is say our SU-30 will make ur blood cold...and then contradict themselves buy saying we need Tejas we need MRCA...

Because India can produce only 20 MKIs a year. With about 200 Mig-21 are about to retire and delay in LCA programe IAF is forced to go for the MRCA deal.

YOU DONT GO TO WAR WITH JUST SWORDS MY DEAR FRIEND YOU NEED TO HAVE DAGGERS TOO
...:enjoy:

:cheers:

this is very interesting...

after seeing the video 2 things pop up

the guy says the mki uses a tumanski engine which infact is used by the mig-21 which i presume were there? also he said the aircraft had to wait 1 minute to take off because of debris on the runway. the way i understand it is that russian airplanes are built very rugged and are made to take off from make shift runways, thus debris shouldn't be a problem.

is he confusing it with mig-21?

the guy says the mki uses a tumanski engine which infact is used by the mig-21 which i presume were there? also he said the aircraft had to wait 1 minute to take off because of debris on the runway. the way i understand it is that russian airplanes are built very rugged and are made to take off from make shift runways, thus debris shouldn't be a problem.

americans and their typical ignorance to detail

did all of their f-15s took of at once when they came into cope india :lol:

When he was referring to one-minute take-off, he was referring to the Indian Airfroce in general (which had both the Mig-21 and the Su-30MKI).

He never said the Su-30MKI uses the tumanskii engines.

Lets hope those Indian Pilots learned from Red Flag.

Its good to get knock backs in life it makes you stronger and wiser for the future.

Turn round times.

Take off times

wen to use TVC

Combat against skilled western pilots using AESA radar

Flying and refulling thousands of m,iles away

And command and contriol of a SUPER POWER air force

WILL SHOW WHERE IAF needs to be wat they should be striving for in the future...

the entire briefing seem to be just a wild imagination.........
the USAF officer contodicts himself many a time during the briefing.....

1) he says "IAF taking 60 seconds to takeoff , and then when we point it out they reduce it to 45 seconds.."

now , was USAF personals were there on IAF base at the excercise ?......and i suppose when at a excersise , they are not supposed to direct each other like this...

2) he says " SU-30MKI engine need to carry right to the menufecturers in russia if there an defect ."

infect there was no incident of engine failure of SU-30MKI at the red flag....don't he just imagining...he probably not aware of the fect the HAL has the menufecturing licence of producing MKI engines and IAF also have a maintainence hub for MKI in india itself....

3) he says " MIG-21 bison is the most potentail fighter IAF has , as it has a Israeli rader.'

well , MIG-21 do not take part in red flag excercise..........it was only way back in 2004 cop india excercise when mig-21 take part......do mig-21 has a Israeli rader on it that time ?.....i doubt ..

4) he says " don't go near MKI ".....then he says " as MKI create lot of drag so it goes into stall and start loosig height , at that time you can use your gun to drill it's brain out."

i suppose , for a gun kill , one need to go very close to opponent aircraft...

5) he says " we can't use our missiles because MKI was jamming them".......then he says " MKI kill a lot of friendies "..........

who were these friendies at the excercise ?.....don't the so called friendies using their missile jammers ?......and if these feirndies are the MKI only , how then ,one MKI kill the other MKI when both using missile jammers.....?

6) he says " MKI radar see less , paint less."...

was he there in the cockpit of MKI to check this ..?
also , if IAF having a better radar in 2004 on their mig-21....in 2008 ....don't they be having a more advance radar on MKI....?

it appears to me that this man has not even there at the red flag....and actually taken part in 2004 cop india excercise ......that's why stilll carring the burden of that excercise on him ........

If the Russian engines were that rugged, then why does the SU have 'mud flaps' in the nose landing gear?

A 'make shift' runway simply mean it is a non-permanent structure and would still require daily 'FOD walks', that is where everyone lined up across the runway and stroll down its length, looking at the ground and remove things like pebbles or even a wrench dropped by some unknown person. FOD -- Foreign Object Damage.

The SU's low slung engines made it vulnerable to FOD kicked up by the previous aircraft and that is why the IAF decided to space out the take-offs to a minute apart.

americans and their typical ignorance to detail

did all of their f-15s took of at once when they came into cope india :lol:

No...But we probably did not require one minute between take-off.

:yahoo:

i have a question that haunts me if india's SU-300 is so so so good...then why is india wasting billions buying MRCA why not invest that amount on devolping SU-30 further or just buy more SU-30s....seriously i am confused...cuz all indians seem to do is say our SU-30 will make ur blood cold...and then contradict themselves buy saying we need Tejas we need MRCA...

Thats a stupid thing to say. Do world's best airforces win a war with on fighter, if USAF pilots like F-22, does it mean they give step-motherly treatment to F-15/F-18s?

The Su-30 is an air-superiority. We need the MRCA, to replace our Mig-29, Mig-21, Mirage-2000, and the already decommisioned Mig-27. LCA is a force multiplier. Every type of aircraft is assigned a particular role. All may have the capability to act like the others, but they are not made to, except in 'extraordinary circumstances'.

So basically IAF's fighters look like this.

Air Dominance/Air Superiority: Su-30 MKI
First line of defence(Interception)/ Secondary offence : LCA Tejas, MRCA
Strike Support(Sortie): MRCA, Jaguar

I still don't understand why the Indians seem insecure about even the slightest of criticism. The video to me showed nothing offensive as such. Considering American officers in general they do not hesitate to take a friendly jibe at anyone, and if anybody it's the french who should take offense to them being called the bench warmers in every war.
I read a PAF officers account of American officers making fun of CEATO and calling it FARTO. But then again there are hundred of accounts praising American soldiers for their practical and straightforward conduct.
and my sincere advice to tutu is to go to an English comprehension class. since he is doing what most critics of the Quran do, read(hear) three words at a time and base their interpretation on that. either that or he is just another fanboy eager for his two cents.

Throughout the briefing he keeps stating that once the Indians learn to fly their jet(probably means get mature on the platform) They will be better than the American in their legacy jets. WHAT part of that is demeaning.. but seeing the Massive response by the Indian Media on the briefing, I can only quip about the general Insecurity of the Indian. Had the same officer replaced his comments with undue praise for the MKI the response would have been completely opposite."People love as self-recognition what they hate as an accusation"
In the Indian's case, Its a simple jibe and personal opinion at their jets stated abilities, and it sends them into a frenzy. Come to think of it.. I wont mind blurting out a few fanboy type jibes myself. (Please.. try to take this in good humor as its meant for the few Indians here who simply cant take criticism, not for the few here who seem sensible, and can tolerate comments or at least pursue a logical counterpart..and accept if they lose an argument.. or be humble when they win it)
So for all the Indian fanboys here.. my take on their perceptions of their jets, as the reception one gets on a critical approach to their capabilities, is the same one would get if one criticizes a few bollywood stars in front of an Indian.
Therefore I suggest we amalgamate references for every Indian aircraft once an eager fanboy is detected amongst us.

AMKItabh Bachan "Untouchable, Unbeatable...GOD"

Shahrukh "The LCA" Khan "There is nothing I cannot do"

MMRCA Competition "Amul-Chote Ustad-Everybody stays on till the last episode, which are needlessly dragged on without any rhyme or reason"

Mig-21 Bobby-Deol "Looks the same, Acts the same.. just more pound for fights"

While the former does not represent my actual opinion of the Aircraft.. I cant say the same about the celebrities. :P

I still don't understand why the Indians seem insecure about even the slightest of criticism. The video to me showed nothing offensive as such. Considering American officers in general they do not hesitate to take a friendly jibe at anyone, and if anybody it's the french who should take offense to them being called the bench warmers in every war.
I read a PAF officers account of American officers making fun of CEATO and calling it FARTO. But then again there are hundred of accounts praising American soldiers for their practical and straightforward conduct.
and my sincere advice to tutu is to go to an English comprehension class. since he is doing what most critics of the Quran do, read(hear) three words at a time and base their interpretation on that. either that or he is just another fanboy eager for his two cents.

Throughout the briefing he keeps stating that once the Indians learn to fly their jet(probably means get mature on the platform) They will be better than the American in their legacy jets. WHAT part of that is demeaning.. but seeing the Massive response by the Indian Media on the briefing, I can only quip about the general Insecurity of the Indian. Had the same officer replaced his comments with undue praise for the MKI the response would have been completely opposite."People love as self-recognition what they hate as an accusation"
In the Indian's case, Its a simple jibe and personal opinion at their jets stated abilities, and it sends them into a frenzy. Come to think of it.. I wont mind blurting out a few fanboy type jibes myself. (Please.. try to take this in good humor as its meant for the few Indians here who simply cant take criticism, not for the few here who seem sensible, and can tolerate comments or at least pursue a logical counterpart..and accept if they lose an argument.. or be humble when they win it)
So for all the Indian fanboys here.. my take on their perceptions of their jets, as the reception one gets on a critical approach to their capabilities, is the same one would get if one criticizes a few bollywood stars in front of an Indian.
Therefore I suggest we amalgamate references for every Indian aircraft once an eager fanboy is detected amongst us.

MMRCA Competition "Amul-Chote Ustad-Everybody stays on till the last episode, which are needlessly dragged on without any rhyme or reason"

While the former does not represent my actual opinion of the Aircraft.. I cant say the same about the celebrities. :P

hahaha...nice take on the combined forces of bollywood and the indian airforce...!
i share your opinion...the potrayal of the briefing was too spiced up by our media...i was shocked cus our media kept on showing the parts where the USAF guy said ..."we told them to fly somewhere else"...when i saw the entire video ages back...i was relieved...

true. our fu**ed up private media destroyed terrance fornoff.

nice bollywood mixes by the way

the views express by the officer at the briefing were his personal..
the USAF do not share with his opinion ..

US looks forward to build a partership with india ....

Welcome to the website......again ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom