What's new

The real solution to the Afghanistan problem

I see things from an Islamic perspective.
A naive perspective to have in my opinion, everyone is incredibly nationalistic in today's world, Afghans, Arabs, Turks, Iranians, etc.

Arab states are normalising ties with Israel, giving medals to Modi, and Afghanistan even under Taliban wants strong ties with India including in defence knowing how they treat Muslims, just how they did historically. It is simply naive.

If you look at things from a Pan-Islamist perspective all that means is you will naively be used by others for their personal interests. They will weaponise Islam to use you.

Pakistanis & the rest of the Muslim world? Answer: A united federation or at least a confederation of Muslim states. If EU can do it, so can we.
A unifted federation of Muslim states is completely out of the picture and would have several problems.

But a political-economical-defence alliance similar to the EU is a good suggestion and more likely.

The OP and some of the others may curse me but instead of creating yet more instability (even if we could afford it), it's better to offer them to be an autonomous territory within the federation or form a confederation. They can do their own thing & we will do our own thing. The only condition is an end to TTP terrorism.
I used to think like you once and suggest a merger with Afghanistan but those people racially despise you to the core, literally at genocidal levels, and want nothing to do with you, it will never work. It's how Hindus despise Muslims.

-Once joining the state they will destabilise it from within by promoting separatist novements and insurgencies. Polarise society further. We have enough of this already. More will be difficult to handle.

-They will leech off the resources of others while contributing nothing themselves.

-Severely tribal people and backwards i.e prone to terrorism.

-We already struggle with instability and insurgency in Waziristan and parts of Balochistan, we cannot absorb even more areas until these are not under full control of the state and fully assimilated.

I think you severely underestimate how much Afghans hate Pakistanis/Pakistan. If you seriously want to annex parts of Afghanistan you would probably genuinely have to cleanse entire areas, which I don't think many people will support.

Finally, a sensible comment....almost every other is just kill them, nuke them. smh

I see things from an Islamic perspective. Creating more divisions & hatred between Muslims is bad. What is good for both Pakistanis & the rest of the Muslim world? Answer: A united federation or at least a confederation of Muslim states. If EU can do it, so can we.

The OP and some of the others may curse me but instead of creating yet more instability (even if we could afford it), it's better to offer them to be an autonomous territory within the federation or form a confederation. They can do their own thing & we will do our own thing. The only condition is an end to TTP terrorism.

This way you'll finally put an end to ethnonationalist fantasies & Indian interference from Afg. The state can finally put more focus on development. Religious extremism will also die down eventually as afghans become more educated & less isolated. See the Saudis. You can still consider dividing the country eventually (likely after decades) but both territories should be part of Pakistan.

Afghanistan is a litmus test for us. If we can't deal with them in a sensible manner, the rest of the Muslim world won't see us as trustworthy.

I wouldn’t go that far into a new forms political arrangement with the Afghans. Only an understanding similar to what Europe did after WW2, focused around economics. We can’t afford to be taken advantage of by any other country or its people. Hence, if they want to benefit from us, we need to benefit from them as well. Also, we need a long term plan that ends the TTP threat but also nips any future threat in its bud, in a way that doesn’t impose restrictions on our own social/cultural development. We need the space to deal with our internal politics and can’t afford to spend our entire political capital keeping on the Afghan situation.

We have to remember that even the Afghan tribes/factions don’t listen to the Talib leadership right away. So if they barely tolerate them, what hope those Pakistan have to influence afghans directly. Hence, why an economic arrangement with the Talib leaders, with strong fortifications on the border as an insurance policy, is the best way to go IMHO. The less we have to deal with their internal politics the less impact it will have on us and our security and internal politics.

Last edited:
None of them are innocent, you'll realise this after interacting with enough of them

No one ever got anywhere by being soft, every successful nation or empire was built upon severe immoral acts at some point. Being soft gets you trampled over, some people only know force.
I can vouch for their women they are innocent, At first they seem like straight bitches but give them some time they will break and than u are in a for treat, never have i meet such submissive woman in my life. as far as it goes for their men, they are fucked, they are like zombies.

i dont agree with OP though, leaving an afghanistan with Afghan pashtuns stuck inside it could be a mistake, they can still easily continue their cross-border terrorism and infact their propaganda can become even stronger, they could change the country's name and flag to pashtunistan for propaganda and instability in pakistan if they wanted.
Unlikely and they could be pressured not do so - they already have an attachment to the Afghanistan name and flag so they wouldn't do this anyway.

What really needs to happen is whole of current afghanistan needs to be turned into a khorosan controlled by tajikis exclusively, and make them help us against anti-pakistan elements and crack down on pashtunistanists. otherwise in the current state they will continue to involve themselves in our internal affairs. We lost a lot of lives and economy due to their terrorism! if tajikis dont cooperate send some afghanis to show them we could support a different group so dont harbour anti-pakistan elements.
Too risky because then a Pashtun coup could happen at anytime like the Taliban currently and take over the country again, reversing all of our efforts immediately.

I think best solution is to make an independent Khorosan where they won't be able to interfere and has no such risks it could face.

Then the smaller Afghanistan will be less developed, less populated, culturally backward and tribal. It will never pose any conventional threat to us.

Keep the border secure with surveillance and continue to let families travel.

border closing wont happen becuase on one side you got hungry afghans and other side you got hor ny punjabi security thats wants that bacha bazi fun and some paisey even munir whisky.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom