What's new

The rise of British Pakistani boxers

Shazzad123

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A major thing that has become a phenomenon in the UK is the rise of British Pakistani boxers. If you look through the domestic circuit. You will find more than 5000 Pakistani boxers in the domestic leagues. You also find over 1200 already professional and winning major European and British titles. They're also winning golden gloves too. The first Asian to win a world title from Britain was Jawaid Khaliq with the IBO world title. He was able to challenge Vernon Frost but due to insufficient funds. He wasn't able to make it to America. Then you had Amir Khan who made it to America and eventually beat 13 World champions and making $40 million in net worth. He started a small league within Pakistan which showcased some talent such as Muhammad Waseem who was the WBC silver flyweight champion and was under the tutor of Jeff Mayweather but due to losing the IBF title fight. The Mayweather team dropped Waseem. Now you have WBO European champion Hamzah Sheeraz who moved to America just now to continue his career. You also have Kash Farooq in Britain with the WBA title and also Ijaz Ahmed with the WBO title there too. Most Pakistani fighters in Britain are slowly relocating to America to jump start their careers. You also have some Pakistanis in Pakistan moving to America like Nadir Baloch who holds the WBC middle east title right now. I love how boxing is connecting British born Pakistanis to mainlanders back home. Obviously due to language and environment. A Pakistani in Britain for generations wouldnt have much in common with a person from Mirpur or Balochistan however boxing is seeing to bridge the gap. Also boxing is the most poverty alleviating sport in the world. Its no question all the best boxers come from the streets. Its also a game for the average people and lower classes. It doesn't seem to have an ego to it like the stereotypical tea sipping British person from upper classes playing cricket for a past time.

Also the exposure for Pakistanis in mainstream American media will be good too. Im tired of Pakistanis being seen as either radicals or immigrants owning small stores without any good representation and Americans love sports too.

Also on a sidenote

Seems like 90% of these boxers are Mirpuri descent or Baloch descent. The Baloch descent are directly from Pakistan and the Mirpuris are from Britain

https://medium.com/@medium.com/@boypashtun/the-rise-of-british-pakistani-boxers-26b8fd895a5d

British Pakistanis are very good in sports, boxing has always been a breakout sports for british Pakistanis, recently been seeing alot in cricket too, however in a few years you’ll see a lot of British Pakistanis playing in big teams in football too. Pakistanis are naturally gifted sportmen.
British Pakistanis are very good in sports, boxing has always been a breakout sports for british Pakistanis, recently been seeing alot in cricket too, however in a few years you’ll see a lot of British Pakistanis playing in big teams in football too. Pakistanis are naturally gifted sportmen.

Its good British Pakistanis are coming up. The last thing I want is for Pakistanis to be stereotyped as radicals, taxi drivers, or even worse a bunch of immigrant nerds taking people's jobs. I've noticed Indian men don't have good stereotypes at all in America or Britain. Generally people with odor issues, unathletic, bad dress sense, and no swag.

The Indians back in India are stereotyped as men who harass white females online asking for nude pics and live in desolate poverty

Most whites, blacks and Latinos in America hate Indians

Pakistani guys have also made it in the rap game too like Frenzo, Shaker, and Zayn Malik too.

They have had guys like Zack Khan too in Britain

Pakistanis have now got to rise in sports and music in the western world

I've noticed Indian men don't have good stereotypes at all in America or Britain. Generally people with odor issues, unathletic, bad dress sense, and no swag.

Yes, because they're busy becoming doctors, engineers and CEO's of Microsoft, Adobe and Google.

Bro, don't fall into this trap.

If being good at sports and a stupid marassi was what made you successful and powerful the blacks wouldn't be living in slums and a complete waste of space they are.

You guys are so fixated on how others perceive you that you become impoverished bums.

To hell with whether they see you as a nerd or a radical.

Study hard in school, exercise to keep yourself fit, work hard in your careers and learn how to build wealth.

Yes, because they're busy becoming doctors, engineers and CEO's of Microsoft, Adobe and Google.

If being good at sports and a stupid marassi was what made you successful and powerful the blacks wouldn't be living in slums and a complete waste of space they are.

You guys are so fixated on how others perceive you that you become impoverished bums.

Study hard in school, exercise to keep yourself fit, work hard in your careers and learn how to build wealth.
Most blacks dont live in slums. Also white people have a much lower per capita than Indians in America and they have the strongest countries in the world. I don't see whites or africans moving to India. I see indians moving to America and Africa all the time. The locals in both lands don't seem to like them. Indians should be making their own land better. The British were running India better.

Most blacks dont live in slums.

No, most blacks live in slums at least the local versions of them in Canada and the US. They may not be like African slums but that's because of the extensive social welfare systems setup in these countries, particularly Canada, without which they'd be A LOT worse.

Do you know how many blacks own a house in my neighborhood? Maybe 0.

I honestly haven't seen a single black family owning a house in any of the neighborhoods that I own property in whether we're talking my principal residence or any investment property.

This is true across my city and other major cities in the country.

When I went to university there were barely any black people there and that's because we don't have laws that discriminate against students and give preferential treatment based on race or socioeconomic status.

Forget sports and singing, these should only be extracurricular activities that you pursue. If you get an opportunity to play professionally take it but that shouldn't be your primary focus nor should "fashion" or "popularity".

As for gora's they're largely the same garbage that the black community is they just happen to be in a better spot because of decades of theft through colonialism and the preferential treatment given to themselves and their own community at the expense of others but that's what everyone does even me (ex. I'll look out for my family first).

I don't see whites or africans moving to India. I see indians moving to America and Africa all the time.

Well India is a large slum filled with disgusting pagans.

However, you'll increasingly see goras and blacks moving to India for work/business, some go there to get involved in bollywood or the IPL.

The locals in both lands don't seem to like them.

Whites hate Hispanics who hate blacks who hate whites all of whom have problems with the East Asian community and vice versa and yadda yadda yadda.

None of us like each other very much in the West. Multiculturalism, like globalism, is just one giant mess.

However, Indians still wind up as CEO's of major American companies and the Chinese are sill taking over more of the global market share, etc...

It doesn't matter whether they like you or not and that shouldn't be your priority. To be frank, to hell with all of them.

Like I said study hard, work hard and you'll rise up anywhere but don't get yourself bogged down with these stupid ideas of being liked or becoming an athlete or marassi at the expense of your studies and pursuing other more practical long term career goals as well as wealth building exercises.

I don't like the US at all but just this last tax year I made A LOT of money from the US and part of those profits will go into charities back to Pakistan.

The British were running India better.

Bro, the British are a cancer that ruined many countries not just India.

They stole 90 years of development from our nation as well.

For example, as per “Contours of the World Economy 1–2030 AD” by Angus Maddison, during British colonialism our GDP (PPP) per capita grew a measly 60% in 90 years (while Britain's grew 700% in the same time) but after independence our GDP (PPP) per capita grew 300% in 30 years (five times the growth in a third of the time).

A research paper titled "Did Colonialism matter for Growth?" written by Prof. Graziella Bertocchi and Prof. Fabio Canova came to the conclusion that the effects of colonialism (though specifically in reference to European colonialism in Africa which was the main focus of their paper) was almost totally negative.
Did Colonialism Matter for Growth | Prof. Graziella Bertocchi and Prof. Fabio Canova

There was nothing good about British, French or any European colonialism.

But in terms of education they are poor. These bixers are primarily from poor neighbourhoods and poor backgrounds. Sad

But in terms of education they are poor. These bixers are primarily from poor neighbourhoods and poor backgrounds. Sad

they are not that poor. low income but compare to my town ppl they doing ok. bias teachers in education, then racism in sports wont allow you to get selected. those that are doing really great choose to learn skills themselves and succeeded, not under anyones biasness.

This good for Pakistan aswell, once successful these same individuals will invest in Pakistan like Amir Khan has done, opening sport centres, training centres, sport factories etc.

What I have noticed is that second generation Pakistanis living in UK or US or even Middle East, are more progressive, educated and open minded.

At the same time they are very patriotic as well and feel this very strong connection with roots.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Alot of people have self esteem issues when they move to a foreign country, they try to be like them. Why not be proud of who you are. Be proud your food, drink, culture, clothing. Most Pakistanis are not like that though. Anything negative then get rid of it and move forward.

When one person succeeds somewhere it creates a pathway for others to follow. Many communities tend to huddle around certain career paths, because they have role models already in those paths. For example if in my community 4-5 people know how to run a restaurant, they can help me start one. If i want to run a barbershop but nobody in my community knows how to run one, there is no example for me, no guidance, it presenting a higher risk.

In boxing and cricket in-roads have been made. Parents know what boxing clubs to join, what events their kids need to go to, which commitment is required to succeed. We know the names of local coaches and which promoters they have links to. We don't have that jaan-pashan in other sports yet.

Also think to think about is that first generation and even second generation were here to just make money. They didn't have time to mess about in sports etc.

Why are they not just British?

I never understood how its British Pakistanis and why its Pakistani Americans.
No, most blacks live in slums at least the local versions of them in Canada and the US. They may not be like African slums but that's because of the extensive social welfare systems setup in these countries, particularly Canada, without which they'd be A LOT worse.

Do you know how many blacks own a house in my neighborhood? Maybe 0.

I honestly haven't seen a single black family owning a house in any of the neighborhoods that I own property in whether we're talking my principal residence or any investment property.

This is true across my city and other major cities in the country.

When I went to university there were barely any black people there and that's because we don't have laws that discriminate against students and give preferential treatment based on race or socioeconomic status.

Forget sports and singing, these should only be extracurricular activities that you pursue. If you get an opportunity to play professionally take it but that shouldn't be your primary focus nor should "fashion" or "popularity".

As for gora's they're largely the same garbage that the black community is they just happen to be in a better spot because of decades of theft through colonialism and the preferential treatment given to themselves and their own community at the expense of others but that's what everyone does even me (ex. I'll look out for my family first).

Well India is a large slum filled with disgusting pagans.

However, you'll increasingly see goras and blacks moving to India for work/business, some go there to get involved in bollywood or the IPL.

Whites hate Hispanics who hate blacks who hate whites all of whom have problems with the East Asian community and vice versa and yadda yadda yadda.

None of us like each other very much in the West. Multiculturalism, like globalism, is just one giant mess.

However, Indians still wind up as CEO's of major American companies and the Chinese are sill taking over more of the global market share, etc...

It doesn't matter whether they like you or not and that shouldn't be your priority. To be frank, to hell with all of them.

Like I said study hard, work hard and you'll rise up anywhere but don't get yourself bogged down with these stupid ideas of being liked or becoming an athlete or marassi at the expense of your studies and pursuing other more practical long term career goals as well as wealth building exercises.

I don't like the US at all but just this last tax year I made A LOT of money from the US and part of those profits will go into charities back to Pakistan.

Bro, the British are a cancer that ruined many countries not just India.

They stole 90 years of development from our nation as well.

For example, as per “Contours of the World Economy 1–2030 AD” by Angus Maddison, during British colonialism our GDP (PPP) per capita grew a measly 60% in 90 years (while Britain's grew 700% in the same time) but after independence our GDP (PPP) per capita grew 300% in 30 years (five times the growth in a third of the time).

A research paper titled "Did Colonialism matter for Growth?" written by Prof. Graziella Bertocchi and Prof. Fabio Canova came to the conclusion that the effects of colonialism (though specifically in reference to European colonialism in Africa which was the main focus of their paper) was almost totally negative.
Did Colonialism Matter for Growth | Prof. Graziella Bertocchi and Prof. Fabio Canova

There was nothing good about British, French or any European colonialism.
Bur sarrrrr its good for tooorizamm

There is some truth in this, but not always. On paper every taxi driver is poor - in reality i don't know a single poor taxi driver. They have nice homes, they have villas in AJK, they have nice cars, their wives have nice cars, their homes are extended, their homes are furnished and decorated expensively. They work in a cash industry and take advantage of that to avoid declaring full income to pay taxes.

This is reducing as homes have got more expensive and people need to declare more income to access finances to get homes. The same is true for takeaway owners. they are mostly wealthy invididuals but stuff like uberEats and JustEat delivery apps have forced them to start showing more income to take advantage of online sales.

There are some Northern towns where there is no work where the poverty is real, but in the midlands and the south, only a lazy idiot is poor.

Boxing matches, just like those WWE wrestling ones, are an uncivilized activity. Hundreds of people paying money to watch two people beat each other up. We haven't moved on from Roman gladiatorial games.

Back
Top Bottom