What's new

The Science of Digital Camouflage Design

They should already be working on octocamo I mean c'mon snake already used it so you have an idea work on it. :cheers:

Yes...Philosophically speaking, there are no differences between being 'stealthy' in the EM spectrum and the same in the visible wavelengths. Both have difficulties to overcome. In radar detection, we have what is called the 'clutter rejection threshold'. The definition of 'clutter' -- junk that we do not want to process -- is quite fluid. For a meteorologist, rain drops are desirable but the aircraft passing through the rain formation is not. For an airport trying to maintain order, aircrafts are desirable in one display but weather is clutter, in another display, weather is desirable but aircrafts are not. At the baseline level, clutter includes cosmic background radiation (CBR), assorted radio and television signals, and with today's cellular phone bands, more stuff to process. So at the display level, these signals are immediately discarded.

The human brain works the same way. In any environment, we immediately process and discard what we consider to be 'ordinary'. For example: If I am in a living room, I expect to be surrounded by comfortable furniture such as a couch, a writing desk and matching chair, a TV, a radio. Somethings are so common that I expect to see the same in America or in London or in Paris. The individual items may look different but their utility features are immediately recognizable and can be quickly discarded. A 727 pilot who moved to a 777 would require some adjustment time but it would be far less than from a C-47 to a 727.

But I do not expect to see a bale of hay or an automobile engine or a nude human being. Hopefully the last item is a Playboy model. So if I am in the desert, I do not expect to see a palm tree. If I am in a lush forest, I do not expect to see an artifact like a building. Our brains processes these information so quickly and efficiently that it is both an asset and a liability.

It is an asset because we immediately focus in on out of the ordinary item from the list of 'clutter' that was already processed. Movements are major attractant in any such data processing. That is why preys and predators are often so still -- to reduce their 'attractiveness' level to any data processing that may be looking in their direction.

It is a liability in that if someone who is a predator but behave like a prey, meaning do whatever he can to reduce his 'attractiveness' level, from being still to making himself look like 'clutter', then it is very easy for us to become preys simply because we have ALREADY discarded 'clutter'.

Just like in radar detection, the goal to being 'stealthy' is being rejected from data processing from as far as possible, as soon as possible, and as long as possible. That is why sharpshooters are so feared in combat. You already rejected him the moment you look upon an environment. You have to force yourself to examine the details that you would normally ignored to see if that detail (singular) truly belong in the 'clutter rejection threshold' or not. Then you move onto the next detail (singular). And so on. How much time does that take before you can make a move, which will raise your 'attractiveness' level in return because YOU raised yourself above someone else's 'clutter rejection threshold'?

huuuh!!! :unsure:

BSF introduced Flecktarn pattern in its newly formed female contingent.

b_id_123136_bsf091129033451_515x343.jpg

Barracuda has offered its individual soldier-specific Special Operations Tactical Camouflage Suiting. This system, when tested by the Indian Army’s Northern Command, denied detection to 45 meters, where ordinarily it was 200 meters. The SOTCS is also available for all kinds of terrain including jungle, snow, desert etc. “We have now been asked for laboratory tests. This should happen in the next two weeks. We should be able to get a consolidated report within a month,” says Ummat, who also expects the army to be interested in MCS systems for 30 per cent of its armored vehicles.

ASIAN DEFENCE: Barracuda pitches camouflage system to Indian Army

GetFile.aspx
GetFile.aspx

Barracuda Personal Camouflage Systems (PCS) has been developed to offer all soldiers including special operation forces a Signature Management tool that will provide protection as well as allow them to perform stealth operations in hostile territories.

The Barracuda PCS are divided into three general categories:

1. Barracuda Personal Screen
2. Barracuda Personal Poncho
3. Barracuda Special Operations Tactical Suit (SOTACS)

Barracuda Special Operations Tactical Suit (SOTACS)

barracuda.jpg
GetFile.aspx
GetFile.aspx

GetFile.aspx
GetFile.aspx

Barracuda Personal Camouflage Systems (PCS) has been developed to offer all soldiers including special operation forces a Signature Management tool that will provide protection as well as allow them to perform stealth operations in hostile territories.

All above systems offer the soldiers cover from various reconnaissance systems currently available.

The SOTACS General Characteristics

The Special Operations Tactical Suit (SOTACS) has been developed to offer special operation forces a Signature Management tool that allows them to perform stealth operations in hostile territories. The suit offers the soldier cover from various reconnaissance systems currently available.

The SOTACS has multispectral characteristics (VIS, NIR, TIR).

VIS/NIR characteristics blend with those of the surrounding background environment.

The TIR (Thermal Infrared) signature:

• Reduce detection in all climate conditions.
• Obstruct thermal reconnaissance.
• The SOTACS blocks 80% of the thermal energy transmitted by the soldier.

The ‘non-snagging’ construction allows a long service life for the system.

The SOTACS can be customized to the end-users wishes.

The SOTACS is ultra light and weighs approximately 2,9 kg.

The SOTACS is water resistant maintaining its ultra light weight in wet weather conditions.

Personal Camouflage -Poncho

GetFile.aspx
GetFile.aspx

All above systems offer the soldiers cover from various reconnaissance systems currently available.

The Poncho General Characteristics

The Poncho has multispectral characteristics (VIS, NIR, TIR). The winter poncho also has UV properties.

VIS/NIR characteristics blend with those of the surrounding background environment.

GetFile.aspx

The TIR (Thermal Infrared) signature:

• Reduce detection in all climate conditions.
• Obstruct thermal reconnaissance.
• The imaginary temperature of the Poncho is not more than 4°C above ambient temperature.

The ‘non-snagging’ construction allows a long service life for the system.

The Poncho can be customized to the end-users wishes.

The Poncho is ultra light and weighs approximately 1500 gr. The winter Poncho is single layered and weighs approximately 1000 gr.

The Poncho is water resistant maintaining its ultra lightweight in wet weather conditions.

Even the best camoflage depends on our surroundings. we have already learned.
But then here is my question;
Why is it that a really good empty camoflage suit looks different from the full one.....?

;)

In answer to humans claiming divine attributes, here is a quote I read somewhere:

O My servant, possess thou a pure kindly and radiant heart, that thine may be a sovereignty ancient and imperishable

Now can we get away with it?
:oops:

Back
Top Bottom