What's new

The Secret Part Of Indo-Israel Defence Ties Will Remain A Secret

Usama86

Reaction score
The Following is an excerpt from the interview given to Out Look India by Mark Sofer the Israeli ambassador.

Moving to defence issues, the Israeli and Indian armies have kept their interactions to a minimum but do you foresee the relationship growing to a point where the two sides would conduct joint exercises? If so you, do you have a timeline in mind?

Certain issues between countries do need to remain under wraps for whatever reason. I don't think the Indian authorities would be happy if we were to discuss in public. We have a burgeoning relationship and the defence relationship got a major boost during Kargil, when Israel came to India's assistance when India was in great need and brought about the turnaround in the situation on the ground. I think we proved then to Indian government that you can rely on us that we have the wherewithal. A friend in need is a friend indeed. I have been in India for four months and I hear a great deal of respect for Israel also on non-defence issues--agriculture, drip irrigation, high-tech. There is a groundswell of goodwill towards Israel among the Indian people.

Defence relationships between countries are generally secret and they should be. Certain facts are on the table but we don't make a noise about things.

www.outlookindia.com | 'The Secret Part Of Indo-Israel Defence Ties Will Remain A Secret'

I have been reading a few posts on US-indo ties and then US cold shouldering India to please Pakistan and then again US-India partnership. I think more then any other partnership India-Israel ties are the most important because most of it is secret (israelis like it that way) and based on defence. Israel is the largest arms supplier to India, supplying them with most of the High-Tech stuff obtained from US. Knowing that Jews control most of the world's financial sector it will not be a surprise if India's growing economy is being helped in some secret way.

There is no denying that Israel is liked in India by most people except few left leaning parties and people.

Few of the reasons why Israel is liked

1. They are a country surrounded by enemies on sides but still enemies cant do much, Israelis have balls which matter and Indians want GOI to emulate them in eliminating terrorists.

2. Isrealis are world leaders in drip irrigation and they have made a desert green, Indians want to get the technology to develop arid regions of the country into green.

3. Israel has a lot of influence around the western world, so they can be useful to india aswell.

i agree with defence part but about financial part ..cant say...?

defence partnership is really great..with derby,python,spyder,barak...and yeah ELTA-2052 , MAYAWI and who knows about under the wraps...

In my original post i highlighted the part where Israeli ambassador admits that they helped India in Kargil so much as to "turnaround the situation on ground". Can anyone shed more light on this and plus why is Pakistan only blamed to get help from China or fighters from Arabs during war time while India themselves are backed up by Israel ? When people talk about the Indian-Israeli alliance being dangerous for Pakistan why are they rubbished as controversy theorists ? The constant talk of Israel being a threat to Pakistan... it seems that it turns out to be correct.

^^^^well i think israel became anti pak coz of ur support to arabs in gulf war

In my original post i highlighted the part where Israeli ambassador admits that they helped India in Kargil so much as to "turnaround the situation on ground". Can anyone shed more light on this and plus why is Pakistan only blamed to get help from China or fighters from Arabs during war time while India themselves are backed up by Israel ? When people talk about the Indian-Israeli alliance being dangerous for Pakistan why are they rubbished as controversy theorists ? The constant talk of Israel being a threat to Pakistan... it seems that it turns out to be correct.

There is a difference between obtaining help and obtaining backing from a country. Israel is hardly a threat to Pakistan unless you talk about a few Pakistanis (the likes of ZH) who think of their country as the torch bearer of the Islamic faith and dream up fights with the Israelis.

I dont know about all the help that they might have provided but I know one thingrelated to my field. Back then India did not have enough satellites. As the infiltrators were on the top of the mountain, it was tough to get their exact locations and hence the ground force were not able to take them on. At that moment Israel gave us the GPS coordinates of the infiltrators and their camps. With the corrections applied to them by Indian satellites it was easy to take them out. After getting their locations, they were just sitting ducks for out rockets etc.

Thats one of the reason Indian pushed so much money into satellites and their engineering.

I dont know about all the help that they might have provided but I know one thingrelated to my field. Back then India did not have enough satellites. As the infiltrators were on the top of the mountain, it was tough to get their exact locations and hence the ground force were not able to take them on. At that moment Israel gave us the GPS coordinates of the infiltrators and their camps. With the corrections applied to them by Indian satellites it was easy to take them out. After getting their locations, they were just sitting ducks for out rockets etc.

Thats one of the reason Indian pushed so much money into satellites and their engineering.

Thats lot of help. Israel helps us and we gain from their relationship and they get business from us works both ways whats wrong?

Thats lot of help. Israel helps us and we gain from their relationship and they get business from us works both ways whats wrong?

Yes that was one scenario changing help, and there is nothing wrong with that. Take all the help you can :)

There is no denying that Israel is liked in India by most people except few left leaning parties and people.

Few of the reasons why Israel is liked

1. They are a country surrounded by enemies on sides but still enemies cant do much, Israelis have balls which matter and Indians want GOI to emulate them in eliminating terrorists.

2. Isrealis are world leaders in drip irrigation and they have made a desert green, Indians want to get the technology to develop arid regions of the country into green.

3. Israel has a lot of influence around the western world, so they can be useful to india aswell.
But the thing to remember and think about is Why they enemies all around them. All the neighbouring countries are enemies. Even countries like UAE are not friendly after recent assasination plot.

And regards the ball u r mentioning they r in washington.
If USA had not come to their defence then the last war would have ended differently.

Pakistan have helped arabs against israel in arab israeli war so it's just natural for israel to help india against pakistan.But unlike pakistan who recieved many free goodies from arabs in indo-pak war,we paid hard cash for whatever equipment we bought from israel,just like our other military purchases.We are thankful for israel for the helping us in time.

Lets be on the topic guys and lets discuss SECRET deals.....which india had with isreal and may be didn't made public??? any ideas????:smitten:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom