What's new

The subsidies debate: Pro-aam aadmi or anti-growth?

Absolutely modify it.

1) For one, there is no way of identifying the real income of a person working in the private sector. One friend of mine owns a BMW. His mother and father are private sector doctors. The idiot still gets subsidies on and reservation. The thing is different for public sector employees though. There should be a foolproof method to identify the incomes of the people working in the private sector and evading taxes should be dealt with seriously.

2) Then there is this subsidy on diesel. Anyone who buys a diesel car is entitled to it. The big dogs buy bigger cars and avail more of them. The point is, if you look at the per-capita benefit of the subsidy, it is very low for the poor who utilise this subsidy only for mass transportation of goods (ie. making food reach from the farmer to the store) while for the rich, it is availed for their personal transport, goods transportation and what not! Household generators at the time of power cuts!:hitwall:

Then, the planning commision man, Mr Ahluwalia is a F**king idiot who thinks somebody can survive on 32 rupees a day. I think a figure of Rs50 in urban and Rs40 in rural-india a day per person would be a much better estimate.

3) LPG subsidy. The LPG I use in my house is subsidised. But our family is middle-class. The question on the matter is how many among the poor in India use LPG for cooking and heating? Do the poor people in remote areas actually use LPG for their cooking purposes?

4) In PDS, the main problem is about people manning PDF outlets selling subsidized grains in the market. The smart card is an ideal option for this. Connect the data from card-swipes into a central database and then send food accordingly to the PDF outlets. It is difficult to fake sales as it is electronically monitored. But this will require a working internet connection (dial-up will do) which is common in urban areas. But then again, it is the urban areas in which most of the theft takes place.

5) In rural areas, PDF system should be handed over to the Panchayat. They are much more effective than the state government goons. The grievances of people can also be addressed more effectively and quickly.

6) Absolutely remove all the subsidies on export of primary goods. Show middle finger to China if they whine for cotton. Subsidies should only be extended for exports to promote secondary activities in the country. Give subsidies for export of frooti. Not for the mangoes that some f**cker picked up form my backyard.

7) Impose taxes on electronic goods. DO NOT GIVE THEM A FREE RUN! The 0% taxation policy on electronic goods is the reason there is no elecronics industry in India. Dont the dikheads understand that!

8)Improve the food storage system in India.

9) Kick Air India officials' backsides and make them pay for the losses. Put someone with proven capability behind the wheels or hell, sell off a portion of it. OR better, give it to me and I will take care of it. :D

10) Kick the congress goons outta the parliament before they F** up the country again. They belong to some underworld gang that should be killed in a shootout by the ATS.

Madame sonia, we are forever at your feet. We would like to present this tiny bullet as a token of appreciation for all the social work you have done all these years. We hope this bullet fits your ugly face.

Back
Top Bottom