What's new

The Walking Dead situation

LeGenD

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I recall the days when Dengue Fever outbreak occurred in Lahore in 2011. Hospitals were almost overwhelmed, and Pakistan Army was mobilized to control the situation; hundreds died unfortunately. I was also infected, but Allah Almighty saved me (Alhamdulillah).

The most recent outbreak of the coronovirus has many in panic. Thousands are reportedly infected and death toll continues to climb.

Have a look at the latest updates:-

https://www.businessinsider.com/wuhan-coronavirus-spread-every-region-china-2020-1

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/01/world/asia/coronavirus-china.html

- how fast, far and wide the virus have managed to spread in a short span.

Now:-

Imagine
the sheer scale of panic if The Walking Dead virus is to emerge for real?

Police officers, doctors, nursing staff - all will get bitten while hospitals are overhelmed. Survivors will go to homes. Large number of patients will be unable to receive necessary treatment. Feast time....

c1c68cdfd56ac726354f32c80055b8a4.jpg

:ph34r:

Last edited:
I recall the days when Dengue Fever outbreak occurred in Lahore in 2011. Hospitals were almost overwhelmed, and Pakistan Army was mobilized to control the situation; hundreds died unfortunately. I was also infected, but Allah Almighty saved me (Alhamdulillah).

The most recent outbreak of the coronovirus has many in panic. Thousands are reportedly infected and death toll continues to climb.

Have a look at the latest updates:-

https://www.businessinsider.com/wuhan-coronavirus-spread-every-region-china-2020-1

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/01/world/asia/coronavirus-china.html

- how fast, far and wide the virus have managed to spread in a short span.

Now:-

Imagine
the sheer scale of panic if The Walking Dead virus is to emerge?

Police officers, doctors, nursing staff - all will get bitten while hospitals are overhelmed. Survivors will go to homes. Large number of patients will be unable to receive necessary treatment. Feast time....

The peak period maybe Feb 06 to Feb 12.. The infected rate shall decrease. If not, then we are indeed in some trouble. Also the fatality rate is only 4.6%, if you are young(below 50) and no health complication. Very likely, you will survive the flu. Its not the end of the world. Walking dead virus is 100% fatality. That is big different.

Ahh... the Zombie Apocalypse... Get your machete/knives/guns ready. Look for walled communities and learn how to farm.

I am keeping an eye on the situation and there has been improvement. Yesterday, the rate of increase in infections was lower as compared to past few days.

Today, Number of recovered persons have surpassed the number of people died for the first time since the outbreak.

I will call it an improvement.

The peak period maybe Feb 06 to Feb 12.. The infected rate shall decrease. If not, then we are indeed in some trouble. Also the fatality rate is only 4.6%, if you are young(below 50) and no health complication. Very likely, you will survive the flu. Its not the end of the world. Walking dead virus is 100% fatality. That is big different.
All true, my friend.

Coronavirus saga rekindled my memories of the days of Dengue Fever outbreak in Lahore in 2011 and I saw with my own eyes how bad an outbreak can be. Situation in Wuhan might be worse because coronavirus is relatively less understood in its function than Dengue Fever.

These outbreaks are a stark reminder of our vulnerability to biological agents, and make us appreciate the value of life and society - all that WE strive for in this world. Everything from having access to clean water to medications, is so important for our livelihood.

The Walking Dead virus was/is indeed 100% fatality. There is no way for societies to recover from a virus this lethal and dangerous as AMC depicted in its TV series. Let us pray to GOD that this kind of virus never emerge.

Watching living beings getting torn apart on TV is one thing, experiencing sheer panic and breakdown of society for real is entirely different. Imagine your life without access to clean water and medications - horrible.

This thread is to remind how blessed WE all are. Mankind must strive for collective good for all.

Last edited:
relax

walking dead had 100 percent fatality . you got bit , you turned . simple

nCOV has around 5 % mortality and is a glorified pneumonia cousin

-----------

Back
Top Bottom