4 Emirates
5 Turkish Airlines
6 ANA All Nippon Airways
7 Garuda Indonesia
8 Asiana Airlines
9 Etihad Airways
10 Lufthansa

The World's Top 100 Airlines in 2014

3 Arab (all from the GCC) airlines in the top 10 and 2 in the top 4.

Oman Air number 27. Gulf Air number 86.

All 3 airlines (Qatar Airways, Emirates, Etihad) also use this monster;

Airbus A380 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I expect Saudia to purchase it in the near future as well. KSA is already in the top 15 in terms of most visited countries on the planet and with the rapidly increasing number of pilgrims going for Hajj and Umrah let alone the ongoing development of a real tourism sector in the future the need will definitely be there. Money won't be a problem.

Saudia's current position (77) on that list should be vastly improved in the upcoming years. In 2-3 years time the goal should be top 30.

Why UAE And Qatar Have The 'World's Best' Airlines - Forbes

All this is not surprising. The Arab world has some of the best airlines in the world and the Arab world is a major air traffic hub. Especially the GCC which is strategically located between Europe, the remaining Asia and Africa.

The competition is increasing, constant investments made, new amazing airports constructed, new additions to the existing fleets etc.

Emirates deserves to be in the top 10. I've had nothing but excellent service every time I've flown with them.

PIA not even in 100 not even Shaheen or Air Blue.. i think they are at in Last spot

Indigo @ 43, Spicejet @ 87 , Jet Airways @ 75 are the Indian ones. Air India no where to be seen, as expected.

one of ten the best in the world from Indonesia :D Garuda Indonesia
maxresdefault.jpg

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::welcome::welcome:

Qatar is the BEST. Got enough leg room. As far as service is concerned, Thai is the best.

That's exactly what I was about to come to. And where's Thai airways? This list is completely off.

What is wrong with that list?

In a gala ceremony at Farnborough International Airshow, Skytrax announced the world's Top 100 Airlines in 2014, voted for by airline customers around the world during a 9-month passenger survey. "The World’s Best Airline award is particularly important to us because it was decided by the votes of close to 19 million travellers from around the world," said Mr Ivan Chu, CEO of Cathay Pacific Airways, who were named Airline of the Year. The World Airline Awards are coveted Quality accolades for the world airline industry and regarded as a global benchmark of Airline Passenger Satisfaction levels. The Awards are not subscriber based or a profit-driven award programme, and are referred to as the Passengers Choice Awards for the airline industry.

Why UAE And Qatar Have The 'World's Best' Airlines - Forbes

one of ten the best in the world from Indonesia :D Garuda Indonesia
maxresdefault.jpg

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::welcome::welcome:

Great achievement by our Indonesian brothers and sisters!
@Indos @Wahhab2701

I expect Saudia to purchase it in the near future as well. KSA is already in the top 15 in terms of most visited countries on the planet and with the rapidly increasing number of pilgrims going for Hajj and Umrah let alone the ongoing development of a real tourism sector in the future the need will definitely be there. Money won't be a problem.
I think Saudi is very much tilted towards Boeing and the dreamliner (787).
Saudia's current position (77) on that list should be vastly improved in the upcoming years. In 2-3 years time the goal should be top 30.
And as long as the ground services are so poor Saudi can never make it near the top fifty. Even this score exists because of the Saudi Government ability to continuously throw money into the airline upgrading the fleet. In terms of services and ground staff as well as in flight experience they need to over haul the whole system

I think Saudi is very much tilted towards Boeing and the dreamliner (787).

And as long as the ground services are so poor Saudi can never make it near the top fifty. Even this score exists because of the Saudi Government ability to continuously throw money into the airline upgrading the fleet. In terms of services and ground staff as well as in flight experience they need to over haul the whole system

Let's see. I am still hoping for the Airbus A380 to arrive now that neighboring airlines such as Emirates, Etihad and Qatar Airways are operating the monster!:)

True. Although if you take a look at the list then Saudia has made an enormous jump. From 103 to 77. Major overhauls are also ongoing from what I know about. They just have to look in the neighborhood to see what to do and what not to do.

Saudi Arabian Airlines is set to buy 35 new aircraft

Cathay Pacific is number 1 again. :yahoo:

GCC did amazingly well on this ranking too. :cheers:

I am yet to try Cathay Pacific Airways. Know most of the top 10 airlines.;)
:cheers:

True. Although if you take a look at the list then Saudia has made an enormous jump. From 126 to 77. Major overhauls are also ongoing from what I know about. They just have to look in the neighborhood to see what to do and what not to do.
as much as throwing money is supposed to help the problem it will not. The waiting time at airports, the services of the ground staff, the utter disregard for work ethics and the abrupt Saudization plans make travelling a headache unless you know people and no tourist or pilgrim does. The Saudis need to think large parts of their airline strategy because as many planes as you have if you treat people like dirt they will not fly with you.

The list is accurate, but Cathay Pacific is literally head and shoulders above the rest. Their service is incredible, and yes I have travelled on at least five of the others multiple times.

Back
Top Bottom