‘They killed our mates, we want vengeance’

Status
Not open for further replies.

janon

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Tempers are running high among soldiers deployed along the LoC in Rajouri and Poonch, where Pakistan soldiers brutally murdered two Indian army personnel on January 8. They want the political leadership to take an immediate decision, allowing them to seek revenge through an all-out offensive.

"We are also capable to doing what they have done. But, being a disciplined force, our hands are tied. The political establishment, however, should understand our sensibilities after this ghastly and inhuman incident. They should allow us to take revenge," said sepoy Jasbir, deployed along the LoC in Rajouri's Nowshera sector.

The soldiers feel that the Centre is going soft on the issue despite repeated provocations by Pakistan, which has resulted in many a casualty to the army.

"Pakistan is continuously violating the ceasefire, and we are only reacting to them. I fail to understand why the government is soft-peddling on the issue. It is becoming intolerable, they must give us the green signal for all out-offensive," said Raj Singh, deployed in Krishna Ghati sector of Poonch.

The soldiers want a repeat of a February 2000 offensive, which was launched after a group led by Illayas Kashmir —a Pakistani soldier-turned-terrorist — intruded into Nowshera sector of Rajouri and beheaded a jawan of the Mahar regiment. Back then, the army had retaliated by crossing the border and causing similar casualties to the Pakistan army.
“If we could take retaliatory action 12 years ago, what is holding us back now? Something must be done to respect our anger and feelings. We can't take things lying down,” another sepoy said.

While senior army officials can understand the sentiments of the jawans, they do not want to act in a brash manner. "We know how they feel. It will not go unanswered, and we will take action. I can't say when it will be done, but it will surely happen," said a senior army official posted in Poonch.

(The names of the soldiers have been changed to protect their identities.)

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/JAndK/They-killed-our-mates-we-want-vengeance/Article1-987991.aspx

That Ilyas Kashmiri was a former SSG commando, who was rewarded by Musharaff personally for the beheading of an Indian Jawan. Later he turned his guns on the Pakistani state (as most of their strategic assets tend to do), played a role in some of the most audacious attacks against the pak security establishment, and ended up dead in a US drone strike. As usual, yet another of their former assets who had to be taken down by a friendly drone.

justice has to be served to those soldiers ! if not then who they will trust to guard their flanks when they are facing the enemy !

Its a matter of when and not if.

I think the Army leaked this news to the press to put pressure onto the political establishment.

That will not happen! see the war with practical lenses. I am worried for innocent civilians; who gains or looses is not a matter to me!

that is the only matter of concern for which india is not going to war

Its a matter of when and not if.

I think the Army leaked this news to the press to put pressure onto the political establishment.

The Indian army killed our soldier first then we "killed" yours and then you killed our.

so what revenge?

actually a war would work in afghans favour. india and afghanistan would border each other again

:lol: :lol:

I think it's time to chill.... The events that have unfolded aren't new, we have faced such situations in the past and we are well aware of political impotency of Indian government. No actions diplomatic or military will ever take place.

A not very professional statement by the Army.

Only the GOI can decide any action and not the soldiers.

The Govt cant/wont/shouldnt micromanage the affairs of the army. The unit commanders do what they see fit as per ground realities within a broad framework set by the executive.

And the commanders have to keep into account the troop morale also. 10 Janpath Road cant be deciding on everything.

This ilyas kashmiri incident is what I was referring to in some posts. Why don't you tell the whole story?

Some time after Kargil, Indian soldiers spent a whole night in one of the villages on the Pakistani side and brutally killed a soldier and his family including women and his children and took his head with them.

Ilyas Kashmiri was then used as a proxy to settle scores.

This incident then followed another incident which is being referred to.

This lead to a serious consideration of a ceasefire which was then finalised in 2004/05 and good relations were then witnessed.

What the Indian media is doing is censoring the grisly details of its own army and making people feel as if indian army has always been a victim which is wrong because they retaliate and have done so in a more brutal manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom