What's new

Three US diplomats detained in Peshawar for illegally carrying weapons

eik_pagall

Reaction score
Six people, including three US nationals, were detained Monday after police discovered a large cache of illegal arms from their vehicles.

According to police sources, the “suspicious cars” were stopped for a routine check at the Peshawar Motorway toll plaza when the weapons were discovered.

Police sources told Dawn.com that the weapons included 4 M4 assault rifles with 36 magazines and 4 pistols with 30 magazines.

US Consul General Mary Richard also reached the police station where the Americans were detained for questioning, urging officials to seize weapons but not to detain the foreigners.

The US Consul General however refused to give any comments on the arrests when approached by our reporter.

The six detained include three foreigners described as US diplomats, as well as three Pakistanis, which included a security guard and two drivers.

According to recent instruction from the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government, foreign diplomats are prohibited from carrying weapons or travelling to prohibited areas in the province unless expressly permitted by the provincial government with a No Objection Certificate (NOC).

Three US

LOve it Love it!

@ Asim Aquil

Take a look and remmeber my last message on some other thread regarding "lovely game between CIA and ISI is going on" ;)

keep watching this thrilling fight between ISI and CIA!

Mark my words "Now whenever any American ESPECIALLY try to move anywhere MY BET even normal security guard will stop them"

"may tu kahta ho K*** ke mooouth Maroo in Americano ko... TERRORIST ke ulaad ...

If Zardari Govt would have consulted ISI before stamping every visa given to US 'staff' this would not have happened.

I blame PPP government for this. (US is doing what is in its best interest, its Pakistans responsibility to take care of its home).

Diplomats have diplomatic immunity. How can you arrest them? At the very most you can tell them to leave your country and go back.

Lets see how long they are detained....:smokin:

Diplomats have diplomatic immunity. How can you arrest them? At the very most you can tell them to leave your country and go back.

because these diplomats are CIA in guise of diplomats, and a country can do what ever even if illegal because these diplomats are carrying guns which is illegal

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3012285 said:
because these diplomats are CIA in guise of diplomats, and a country can do what ever even if illegal because these diplomats are carrying guns which is illegal

No you can't. There have been diplomats who have murdered and raped and yet were let go.

You can't hold a person with diplomatic immunity. You just can't. That's the way diplomatic immunity works. Like it or not.

No you can't. There have been diplomats who have murdered and raped and yet were let go.

You can't hold a person with diplomatic immunity. You just can't. That's the way diplomatic immunity works. Like it or not.

i think you have mistook setting free raymond davis on kasas then diplomatic immunity, raymond davis was trialed, found guilty, he had to pay kasas money to the victims to set himself free

LOve it Love it!

@ Asim Aquil

Take a look and remmeber my last message on some other thread regarding "lovely game between CIA and ISI is going on" ;)

keep watching this thrilling fight between ISI and CIA!

Mark my words "Now whenever any American ESPECIALLY try to move anywhere MY BET even normal security guard will stop them"

"may tu kahta ho K*** ke mooth Maroo in Americonoo ko... TERRORIST ke ulaad ...

:rofl: :eek: sharam karo!

This is big news. These guys should be jailed for carrying this amount of arms.

can you allow, 4 pakistanis in a convy moving towards jammu& kashmir, with same kinda ammo???

you got a point there dude, Not even if he was the President of Pakistan. :D,
Pakistan has issued orders against Diplomats carrying weapons and travelling to sensitive areas, so quite rightly done. But being diplomats you cannot detain them, if the case is strong enough then you can complain to the embassy and if at fault they can be deported. Not more than that.

Back
Top Bottom