What's new

Tianhe-I supercomputer used in nuclear fusion for first time

Brotherhood

Reaction score
Tianhe-I supercomputer used in nuclear fusion for first time - People's Daily Online May 20, 2011

main_china_4.jpg

The Tianjin National Supercomputer Calculation Center signed a deal with the China Numerical Simulation Study of Magnetic Constraint Fusion Project Group on May 18, 2011. It is the first time that the Tianhe-I supercomputer has entered into the realm of exploitation of nuclear fusion energy resources. So far there have been nearly a hundred registered users in Tianhe-I's application fields.

Meng Xiangfei, the director of application department of Tianjin National Supercomputer Calculation Center, said that according to the signed deal, Tianhe-I will provide profuse computing resources for the simulation study of magnetic constraint fusion, providing support for the operation and optimizing the simulation code of the supercomputer calculation center.

Tianhe-I is the world's fastest computer in terms of calculation speed. It has been successfully used in fields such as oil exploration, bio-medical research, animation design, weather forecast and financial risk analysis.

By People's Daily Online

Back
Top Bottom