What's new

Tiger Chasing Vehicle in Ranthambhore

KRAIT

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Hey guys, watch this video. It happened in Ranthambhore National Park, Sawai Madhopur, my home town.

This park is world famous. When Bill Clinton came to India as US President he went to Agra and visited this national park.

This national park has been in feature in many documentaries especially Discovery and Nat Geo.

Enjoy.

The fear shown is exactly what it feels. You can hear your heart beating even if you are in closed vehicle and tiger is few meters away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, watch this video. It happened in Ranthambhore National Park, Sawai Madhopur, my home town.

This park is world famous. When Bill Clinton came to India as US President he went to Agra and visited this national park.

This national park has been in feature in many documentaries especially Discovery and Nat Geo.

Enjoy.

The fear shown is exactly what it feels. You can hear your heart beating even if you are in closed vehicle and tiger is few meters away.

Sweet.
You need to be lucky to get a view of these cats(any wild cat actually). I've been atleast 10 times to jungles but all I get to see are deers, dogs, bison etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ḥashshāshīn;3833688 said:
Why would you go there in an open jeep?! :fie:
These tiger are conditioned as since birth they see that people in vehicle are not harmful. But if you are on ground they will attack you. My dad was posted in this national park. One of his friend was in such jeep, tiger went just beside his door.

But if you get down on ground they think you are a threat and they might attack. This tiger just wanted to scare away the jeep as he feel threatened and he has to protect his territory. Not a single person is killed while in jeep. Never.

Awesome place to be. We have got off the jeep and had lunch near a water source but my dad and his friend had their service revolver for protection. These jeeps don't have anything to protect.

Only Forest officers and guards get on ground for various work related stuff.

Damn the tiger chose the best possible time to make a run. Wow the excitement can be felt even on my laptop :)

Unlike lions, tigers are highly reclusive cats. Jeep driver must be a newbie who must have screwed up somehow big time to piss off the guy.

Unlike lions, tigers are highly reclusive cats. Jeep driver must be a newbie who must have screwed up somehow big time to piss off the guy.

Did you read my post ? It was one of the rare incident. Jeep driver are highly qualified. Didn't you see the jeep behind tiger. Its actually Maruti Gypsy. Jeeps are not allowed anymore as they make more noise.

The tiger felt his territory threatened. That's why.

Tigress are very protective of her cubs.

Male tiger may kill her cubs so that she again become available for intercourse.

Tigress are the most fiercest and dangerous when it comes to her cubs.

Did you read my post ? It was one of the rare incident. Jeep driver are highly qualified. Didn't you see the jeep behind tiger. Its actually Maruti Gypsy. Jeeps are not allowed anymore as they make more noise.

The tiger felt his territory threatened. That's why.

Bro I have spent a large part of my childhood summer vacations in Bandhavgarh. I know a bit about tigers.

Ḥashshāshīn;3833688 said:
Why would you go there in an open jeep?! :fie:

Because India is poor country and hence we have to be content with such frugal ways of transport even in such dangerous scenario.

These tiger are conditioned as since birth they see that people in vehicle are not harmful. But if you are on ground they will attack you. My dad was posted in this national park. One of his friend was in such jeep, tiger went just beside his door.

But if you get down on ground they think you are a threat and they might attack. This tiger just wanted to scare away the jeep as he feel threatened and he has to protect his territory. Not a single person is killed while in jeep. Never.

Awesome place to be. We have got off the jeep and had lunch near a water source but my dad and his friend had their service revolver for protection. These jeeps don't have anything to protect.

Only Forest officers and guards get on ground for various work related stuff.

thanks for info

BTW i have went to lion safari in Borivali National Park years ago.

We were told to seat in bus(it's windows were protected with steel/iron net).

Then bus took us into a area protected with fences, where lions were wandering or taking rest. we saw and observed then from bus.

that was a very god experience as till then I have watched lions only behind bars.

Bro I have spent a large part of my childhood summer vacations in Bandhavgarh. I know a bit about tigers.
Great. Haven't seen Bandhavgarh. May be in early childhood.

But I am sure about this incident. There are many great stories about this national park.

Priyanka Gandhi and her husband just went there.

Gandhi family usually comes to visit this park. Rajiv Gandhi also came and stayed at Jogi Mahal.

We have also stayed there. A wonderful experience. Since my father is in forest department, we used to get to see a lot of tigers as the people informed about tigers' movements via wireless.

Now I don't like to see Tiger. I like to see panther or leopard (both are same but some minute difference nased on size so different name given).

Do you know Bili Arjun Singh ? He used to have two or three tigers. :D

Back
Top Bottom