What's new

Tiger Chasing Vehicle in Ranthambhore

Tigress are very protective of her cubs.

Male tiger may kill her cubs so that she again become available for intercourse.

Tigress are the most fiercest and dangerous when it comes to her cubs.

Same goes to any of the Big cats. All big cat mothers are very protective of their cubs... I don't know if you have watched this movie The last lions. Goes to show how powerful & emotional is mothers love..

Last edited by a moderator:
Krait, i have always been a lurker here but you have forced me to register. Can you identify the area for me? To me it looks like part of Sawami Mansingh Sanctuary ( balas, chidi kho or kwalji) and not RNP.

522668_288141507973257_1988587704_n.jpg

To me the place looks like Qualji and the tiger is T42 ( A massive male tiger ). He has killed a tiger T36 there and he is undisputed king of the area. A female is also there in this area T37 ( sister of T36 ).

This tiger is in habit of charging the gypsys ( i even heard the ranger there once that he doesnt go inside park in gypsy, rather uses canter due to T42 ).

Bhai if you have been at their place, you would have said same thing. Tiger is a majestic creature. :D

i agree, actually that expression was mine after watching that video

but then who said "when you are in trouble; you only use your mother tongue" :P

The initial burst of speed is good, but tigers like other big cats, cannot sustain for more than 10-15 seconds at full tilt MAX. If it was a cheetah, it would have been inside the jeep.

Have you seen the video of the tiger attack on to the elephant safari in Kaziranga?

Krait, i have always been a lurker here but you have forced me to register. Can you identify the area for me? To me it looks like part of Sawami Mansingh Sanctuary ( balas, chidi kho or kwalji) and not RNP.
Bhai it was uploaded by a family friend of mine. Raw footage taken from the tourists. That's a guranttee.

Ranthambhore has been famous for these weird incident. Its among the best sightseeing place for tigers n the world.

Never before tiger was spotted to kill in water. It was filmed at RNP.

Also search for Fateh Singh Rathore. He was the most real knowledge on tigers.

I will ask the person in which area of Ranthambhore it happened. The tiger are named as T-19, T-21 etc.

The tiger Bill Clinton was Bhambhuram. Local name of tiger. The two guards went on foot to disturb tiger's environment so that he can come out and Clinton can see it. He was guided by same Fateh Singh Rathore.

What amazing here? every night Dogs chase me ...

Bangalore Dogs are deadlier than Tigers...

To me the place looks like Qualji and the tiger is T42 ( A massive male tiger ). He has killed a tiger T36 there and he is undisputed king of the area. A female is also there in this area T37 ( sister of T36 ).
This tiger is in habit of charging the gypsys ( i even heard the ranger there once that he doesnt go inside park in gypsy, rather uses canter due to T42 ).
Yeah most probably. I have asked that guy to tell me the area.

My father was Ranger at Ranthambhore back in 1990s. :D

But watching from canter is damn boring. :D

BTW how do you know so much about RNP.

Well dogs always chase bitc*es, :D

If its always the same dog or pack, same place, on your route back home, keep your eyes peeled (they like ambushing from the sides and like all wild animals will run sideways alongside you).

Slow bike down, drop one or two gears (keep bike in power band), and wait for the lead dog to come within range. Then aim for just under his jaw.

If you are wearing army boots, I guarantee he will go cartwheeling many meters (your instep will hurt for some time, they have tough jaws).

You will never have a problem with that pack again. As long as you are riding the same bike.

in 1990s there was not even a single tiger in Sawai mangingh sanctuary :). Tiger has just returned there in past 3 or 4 years. and the best thing is that tiger is breeding there ( T8 gave birth to two cubs around 24 months back ). So there are following tigers in this sactuary now: T8 (along wtih two cubs), T24 ( his territory covers a part of sawai mansingh), T12 (now shifted to sariska), T34, T43 (brother of T42. both from same litter of T30, i.e., jail kho female) and T37... also T39 covers a part of kundal (again part of sawai mansingh sanctury).

Sorry for going off topic.

& see how monkey tackles tiger cubs.. very funny & cute too :D

Last edited by a moderator:
in 1990s there was not even a single tiger in Sawai mangingh sanctuary :). Tiger has just returned there in past 3 or 4 years. and the best thing is that tiger is breeding there ( T8 gave birth to two cubs around 24 months back ). So there are following tigers in this sactuary now: T8 (along wtih two cubs), T24 ( his territory covers a part of sawai mansingh), T12 (now shifted to sariska), T34, T43 (brother of T42. both from same litter of T30, i.e., jail kho female) and T37... also T39 covers a part of kundal (again part of sawai mansingh sanctury).Sorry for going off topic.
Are you in forest dept. or your father is ?

Dad was posted there few years ago. Do you remember a famous poacher was caught that time. Can't recall his name.

I missed a chance to spend a night on Machaan. People say its awesome experience. Most exhilarating one.

no. not into forest department. my father is in railways. but i am fond of ranthambhore and tigers.

Many poachers were cought in ranthambhore (dont remember a name from 1990). Some of the famous names are: Jugraj, Lodya, Parsadi, Gopal Mogya, etc.

I belong to the district of sawai madhopur but studied and settled in NCR since my childhood.

as far as machan is concerned one can easily enjoy it during census period.

In last census there was a hilarious incident. Two ppl were there on machan, which was over looking a water hole. A tiger came to drink water. He growled as soon as he saw ppl sitting on machan. one of the guys, lost his nerves and fell off the machan. In split of a second Tiger and The guy both were running in opposite directions :D

But yes many a times you experience memorable things from machan. in the same census a group saw T17 making kill near malik lake infront of their eyes. But according to me ranther than sitting on machan going around in gypsy with a search light in hands is better option.

Back
Top Bottom