What's new

Tinder box - Pakistan :A discussion with MJ Akbar !!

Excellent discourse by MJ Akbar! This one is a must-see!

The crunch point he made was devastating in it's accuracy, when he says, "The central battlefield of the 4th World war (the third was the cold war) has shifted from Europe to Pakistan. Why? Because these militias who are fighting a war, not in the name of national geographies but in the name of faith, they can find sanctuary only in a nation created in the name of faith."

Another gem from him: "Why is the Strategic partnership between America and Pakistan not working out? Because such partnerships are not based on friendship but a common enemy. And here lies the dichotomy. They don't even have the same enemy."

What he means is the 'good and the bad Taliban'. As the Americans mentioned, the Pakistani establishment (read PA) is 'running with the hare and hunting with the hounds' in order to install a pliable Taliban government in Afghanistan not only for facilitating their doctrine of 'strategic depth' but also, as Akbar says, to create 'Islam space'.

India too should be cautious about its strategic partnership with the US of A. Who in this case is the common enemy? Not Pakistan, but probably China as America considers it a threat to its dominant position in the world order.

50:00 onwards into the vid, would be interesting for Pakistanis.

Its honest and fair assessment of Pakistan.

An eloquent but contrived assessment of Pakistan... to do the usual self fellatio.
Good points raised.. yet debatable enough to not be grouped as facts.
It is laughable that he claims that there is no dirt shoveled in India upon other religions when it is reflected by not just certain party members .. but demonstrated in full enthusiasm by most Indian members here.

Agree with his assessment of the British.

It's funny how indian think they are experts & PhD Pakistan Studies.
I think MJ Akbar is a little more educated than you, in fact way ahead. What he says is spot on and cannot be wished away or swept under the carpet.

It's no point remaining in denial as this attitude is going to be your downfall. You guys need to start taking corrective action immediately before it's too late. Or is it too late already? :undecided:

I think MJ Akbar is a little more educated than you, in fact way ahead. What he says is spot on and cannot be wished away or swept under the carpet.

It's no point remaining in denial as this attitude is going to be your downfall. You guys need to start taking corrective action immediately before it's too late. Or is it too late already? :undecided:

Yea rite... all illwishers of Pakistan are correct & most educated persons.

It's no point remaining in denial
Also shut the f up with this line puhleez, we know you lot have learn this line like parrots.:lol:

Yea rite... all illwishers of Pakistan are correct & most educated persons.

Also shut the f up with this line puhleez, we know you lot have learn this line like parrots.:lol:

why are most educated persons, including paskitanis talking ill of Pak?

Dude, it's actually you who is in denial. Let's say all that he is saying is true, can you or any of your well-wishers do anything about Pakistan? No. Now time for reassessment on your part.

"One dog barks at something and a hundred bark at his sound"

why are most educated persons, including paskitanis talking ill of Pak?

Just a tactic to get name & fame, it is really fast to get this by bashing Pakistan these times.

BTW I can give you list of educated indians talking against india.

Just a tactic to get name & fame, it is really fast to get this by bashing Pakistan these times.

sir, i believe those that talk ill of india can only discuss benign issues (save one or two) but those who talk illl of Pak only talk about the malignant issues created by Pak. there is a big difference.

When people are butchered in Pakistan in the name of religion or ethnicity, Pakistanis do not want to talk about it.

"Always blame the the foriegn powers" is the golden rule in Pakistan.

Corruption, religious extremism , racism is alarmingly high and we do not want to talk about it. Pakistan is seen as an international threat which Pakistanis do not want to believe and hence they suffer.

All sincere voices pleaded the people to wake up and fight extremism, but for many people extremism is not even a problem in Pakistan.

This gives anti pakistan lobby to have a huge opportunity to embarras Pakistan.

An eloquent but contrived assessment of Pakistan... to do the usual self fellatio.
Good points raised.. yet debatable enough to not be grouped as facts.
If you have had the opportunity of following MJ Akbar's work, you would know that his opinions are among the most well balanced ones out there. His opinions are based on well studied proven facts. I would really appreciate if you could take time to read some of his works. He is one of the best journalists, Period.
It is laughable that he claims that there is no dirt shoveled in India upon other religions when it is reflected by not just certain party members .. but demonstrated in full enthusiasm by most Indian members here.
His claim is NOT laughable. Being a secular state without an official religion, the Constitution/government does NOT discriminate against any religion, per se. That being said, of course there are some people, including, unfortunately, those in positions of authority who let certain prejudices cloud their judgement and actions.
And seriously, you want to judge Indians' religious bias based on a few of the members' comments? In that case, based on what we see here, what are we supposed to make of Pakistan and the views of its people?

Your beloved Ms. Arundhati Roy does not count. "Educated" is not simply a sum of your years of learning. Its much much more!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom