What's new

Top 10 future weapons of CHINA

From my January 30, 2011 post:

J-20 matches F-22 in front-profile and may exceed F-22 in side-profile stealth

CwhB2.jpg

Left-half of picture is China's J-20. Right half is U.S. F-22.
(Note the J-20 air-inlet has been better integrated into the fuselage than the F-22's gap between the air-inlet and fuselage.)

I have two observations. Firstly, as shown in the spliced-photo above, I believe that I have been proven correct that the J-20 matches the F-22's frontal profile in stealth design.

9pali.jpg

Above: Picture of sleek J-20 with small tailfins.
Below: Picture of sleek F-22 with large tailfins.

Secondly, the F-22 may have tailfins that are significantly larger than the J-20. Given the increased surface area to reflect radar, this raises the possibility that the F-22 may have a higher side-profile stealth signature than the J-20 and is more vulnerable to bi-static or multistatic radar systems.

[Note: Thank you to HouShanghai for the photographs.]

From my February 5, 2011 post:

Fhw3h.jpg

Russian T-50 underside is a messy design. Vents, gaps, stuff jutting out, etc. This is not stealthy.

xP5LQ.jpg

J-20 has a very clean and smooth underside. Once the wheels are retracted, this is a very smooth, RAM-coated, and stealthy design.

----------

From my July 8, 2011 post with citation to Australia Air Power publication:

mDvWr.jpg

First flight of Chengdu J-20 prototype, 11th January, 2011. Note the planform alignment and lower fuselage shaping, optimised for all aspect Very Low Observable performance. The nozzles include serrated joins and nozzle rim (Chinese Internet).

[Source: Air Power Australia at Chengdu J-XX [J-20] Stealth Fighter Prototype / A Preliminary Assessment]

Let's use our brains. If the Su-30 underside is not stealthy and the T-50 underside looks just like the Su-30 underside then the only conclusion is the T-50 underside is also not stealthy.

From my August 4, 2011 post:

sOyt0.jpg

This T-50 photograph clearly shows no horizontal serpentine air-inlet.

OpZRw.jpg

Su-30 MKI underside. Very similar to T-50 underside, no?

VVl5h.jpg

Your eyes tell you that the air enters the T-50 air-inlets and travels straight out through the exhaust nozzles. There are no horizontal or vertical serpentine air ducts because your eyes confirm this fact.

T-50 and Su-30 MKI undersides are very similar. Same vents and straight engine nacelles.

[Note: I flipped the original Su-30 MKI picture horizontally for an easier comparison.]

qBoKk.jpg

The Russian T-50 engine layout is very similar to other Sukhoi aircraft, such as Su-30 or Su-27. It is a straight air-inlet. The Russian T-50 air intake, with fully-exposed engine fan blades, pushes its RCS above the French Rafale.

----------

Engine fan blockers still result in a non-stealthy aircraft

An engine fan blocker is not very useful. It can reduce a portion of the exposed fan blades. However, a slapped-together solution still results in a non-stealthy aircraft.

7Zjf5.jpg

American F-18E fan blocker. Good try, but you're still not stealthy.

----------

VVufS.gif

Roughly 90% of the French Rafale's engine compressor blades are hidden from view. This is the reason that the French Rafale receives a 1 m2 RCS when it's "clean" and not carrying any external weapons. This assessment is determined by the reputable GlobalSecurity.

----------

glctV.jpg

China's J-20 is the new gold standard in front-profile stealth. The J-20 has both a serpentine air-duct and DSI bump to hide the engine compressor blades. Due to its older design, the F-22 lacks DSI bumps.

In a comparison for instructional purposes only, the Russian T-50 is a sleek-looking fighter that is not very stealthy.

hey man we were comparing J16 picture with j20 ,why the hell r u comparing it with T50 & F22 Raptor.:hitwall:This is not the thread to compare these planes ,I know more than u that J20 radar cross section is less than T50 & comparable to F22 .

The title of the thread is misleading. Except J-20 and darksword, all the weapons mentioned in the list are already in service, some for years already, such as 054A stealthy frigate.

The title of the thread is misleading. Except J-20 and darksword, all the weapons mentioned in the list are already in service, some for years already, such as 054A stealthy frigate.
so what !!!,the weapons which have a key role in future warfare for china are selected out of all weapons china have ,ok

I assure u i am the most wittiest man on this planet as i believe to make people smile as i am a dentist by profession
smiley-laughing025.gif

Is thats the reason you laugh so much :lol: COLGATE HAR DENTIST KI PASAND.

Anyways whats your obsession with future weapons??

hey man we were comparing J16 picture with j20 ,why the hell r u comparing it with T50 & F22 Raptor.:hitwall:This is not the thread to compare these planes ,I know more than u that J20 radar cross section is less than T50 & comparable to F22 .

Are you blind? Did you not see the posts by the other members commenting on the "look" of the J-16 being more stealthy than the J-20? I responded to their posts, which is the reason for this forum's existence.

For someone that just joined the forum during this month, watch your attitude newbie.

Are you blind? Did you not see the posts by the other members commenting on the "look" of the J-16 being more stealthy than the J-20? I responded to their posts, which is the reason for this forum's existence.

For someone that just joined the forum during this month, watch your attitude newbie.
hey u mr senior plz dont rag me as i a new bie in this forum ,I am also a senoir member of my INDIAN DEFENCE FORUM , I dont like to take a piece of crab from no one ok ,be careful ,:drag:

Relax he was just trying to save his thread from being ac flame bait .
And theirs a difference b/w Beingh a Senior member and smarter one.:blah:

hey u mr senior plz dont rag me as i a new bie in this forum ,I am also a senoir member of my INDIAN DEFENCE FORUM , I dont like to take a piece of crab from no one ok ,be careful ,:drag:

Give me a break. I was a member of Indian Defence Forum before you got there. I was there in the beginning (member #72) in April of last year.

Check the Chinese sub-forum. See those stickies by "Martian." Hmmm...who could that be?

From my February 5, 2011 post:

Fhw3h.jpg

Russian T-50 underside is a messy design. Vents, gaps, stuff jutting out, etc. This is not stealthy.

xP5LQ.jpg

J-20 has a very clean and smooth underside. Once the wheels are retracted, this is a very smooth, RAM-coated, and stealthy design.

----------

From my July 8, 2011 post with citation to Australia Air Power publication:

mDvWr.jpg

First flight of Chengdu J-20 prototype, 11th January, 2011. Note the planform alignment and lower fuselage shaping, optimised for all aspect Very Low Observable performance. The nozzles include serrated joins and nozzle rim (Chinese Internet).

[Source: Air Power Australia at Chengdu J-XX [J-20] Stealth Fighter Prototype / A Preliminary Assessment]

If that is the case, then why are you buying T-50s? :blink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom