What's new

Top 10 military powers TOPYAPS

Who is most powerful militarily among these nations?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brazil is too far away for an effective military cooperation with Russia, China and India.

Well trained soldiers with good equipment still need an abundance of money to win wars. Pakistan has excellent training and working on our equipment, but money is something we don't have right now. This is why we are not as powerful as our text books say. We were all taught about what we achieved but only a handful of people realize what is still needed to be done to make us a truly great nation.

With recent upgrades and purchases, Pakistan makes the list, but doesn't really make it to the top 5. And the list was about power projection.

Likewise for yourself. You are entitled to your hope and your doubts as I am to my doubt of your prophecies for the destiny of the BRIC nations.
What prophecy have I made for the BRIC countries? Do you even know the meaning of the word 'prophecy'?

Tensions can be resolved and military projection can be nurtured. Theoretically speaking, there is nothing to prevent their common economical interest from eventually paving way for cooperation in a military scale.
Yup...Theoretically. Just like it is 'theoretically speaking' that Albania, Timbuktu, Zimbabwe, and Luxembourg and become an alliance as well.

You are now talking about their ability to contribute now? Seriously, who couldn't contribute? Anyone can surely contribute to something if they are willing (there is nothing to stop them if they wish to not particiapte though) i.e. contributing words of encouragement. :lol:

The points to discuss here are its 'level of unity' and the 'effectiveness of the combined effort to act as one entity'. Surely in the case of Libya, they are not putting in the same level of effort, therefore the full potential is not met. You can 'simplify' NATO and talk about its potential to perform as a block, but reality and its complexities stops them well short of reaching their full military potential. Key factors to take into considerations are its individual economy and society.
The potentials of NATO's members and of NATO itself have been amply demonstrated during the Cold War. Ever heard of it? As for Libya, it is still a relatively small military action so what need is there for NATO to exercise its full capability? In terms of suppressing air forces and air defenses goes, Libya is not even as difficult as the Serbian forces.

There is no need to talk about China aiding Libya, as military interventions isn't the only form of aid that one can provide. China is very happily seeing UK, France and America getting tangled up in another war. There is no stopping them should they wish to commit financial suicide on smaller countries.

Your casual dismissal of the countries such as India, Russia and China is nothing more than a serious lack of touch and understanding of the real world.
Sure...China, as a Libyan oil customer, can offer Libya 'contributing words of encouragement'. :lol: With SCO, China's military can reach out to the members and offer assistance if necessary, but beyond that, if China cannot offer Libya military assistance, in the real word situation we are seeing today, what make you think China can offer Brazil any help. This is why I see you placing BRIC on the same level as SCO and NATO as ridiculous.

It's not my wish but yours.
Do I wish that people would take you seriously about this? Absolutely I wish it. I wish that people would always follow you and dismiss NATO.

Sure..Gambit can try and convince others that invading a small country such as Iraq 'equates' to having the ability to invade countries such as 'India', 'Russia' and 'China'. And you expect others to take you seriously?
If the Japanese can take a large chunk out of China, what make you think the US could not? And please do not bring up the technological disparity between China and Imperial Japan at that time. There is a comparable disparity between US and China today.

Then the alliance of NATO is also quite capable of handling America. As 'the question of will' is 'only' a matter of politics and politics changes right?
Sure...That is only if the US withdraw from NATO.

The state of economy and unrest of society will not be the determining factor of its military capability is that so? I'd like to see your prophecy materialise, as of now the crux of your argument holds no water but to serve as a fuel to its own imagination.
There goes that 'prophecy' nonsense again.

Hence why I still dismiss NATO here and still regards Israel as the weaker military power when compared to India and Russia.
You can grade the Israelis anywhere you want. Wiser heads than you HAVE examined at how the Israelis defeated the combined Arab armies and came to a different conclusion.

Neither does your speculation that Brazil, Russia, India, and China will form a military-centric or even an economic-centric bloc. The EU is both. Why? Because the European nations have a long history together, from war and peace, against enemies without and against each other. Their cultures easily intermix and have. Sorry...But my doubts regarding the BRIC countries being in an alliance is more valid than your hope of them being in the same.

Absolutely...And it does not take a genius to make the comparison. If China has any 'issue' with a NATO member that could lead to a military confrontation, China must view that member in the NATO context.

Sure you can...But no one is going take you seriously.

None of those have any bearing on the military might of the US.

NATO unity is not questionable. Their contribution to any military venture may be questionable and fluctuating, but not their commitment to the alliance. Show me one withdrawal from NATO and why.

What prophecy have I made for the BRIC countries? Do you even know the meaning of the word 'prophecy'?

Yup...Theoretically. Just like it is 'theoretically speaking' that Albania, Timbuktu, Zimbabwe, and Luxembourg and become an alliance as well.

The potentials of NATO's members and of NATO itself have been amply demonstrated during the Cold War. Ever heard of it? As for Libya, it is still a relatively small military action so what need is there for NATO to exercise its full capability? In terms of suppressing air forces and air defenses goes, Libya is not even as difficult as the Serbian forces.

Sure...China, as a Libyan oil customer, can offer Libya 'contributing words of encouragement'. :lol: With SCO, China's military can reach out to the members and offer assistance if necessary, but beyond that, if China cannot offer Libya military assistance, in the real word situation we are seeing today, what make you think China can offer Brazil any help. This is why I see you placing BRIC on the same level as SCO and NATO as ridiculous.

Do I wish that people would take you seriously about this? Absolutely I wish it. I wish that people would always follow you and dismiss NATO.

If the Japanese can take a large chunk out of China, what make you think the US could not? And please do not bring up the technological disparity between China and Imperial Japan at that time. There is a comparable disparity between US and China today.

You can grade the Israelis anywhere you want. Wiser heads than you HAVE examined at how the Israelis defeated the combined Arab armies and came to a different conclusion.

TIME HAS CHANGED MY FRIEND ITS NOT THE 50'S ANY MORE WHERE WE WERE TREATED AS SICK PEOPLE WHAT WE ARE IS BECAUSE OF OUR OWN HARD WORK CAN JAPAN EVEN THINK TO TAKE OUT A INCH OF CHINA TODAY NO IT CANT YOU MAY SEE US FIGHTING OVER OUR BORDERS OR BASHING EACH OTHER BUT WHEN IT COMES TO DOMINANCE O F WEST WE STAND TOGETHER AND IT HAS BEEN PROVED IN MANY WORLDS SUMMITS

Asks the person who has the ability to predict and determine the future? what non sense.
Yes BRIC nations can be the very backbone of the future and you will never know for sure where their 'common economical conductive interests' might one day drive them to. The economical and military conductivity is there, perhaps not so much for Brazil

Theoretically they can and there is no stopping them. But it isn't my interest here to discuss about them.

I thought you have the military knowledge to see through the whole spectrum of the worlds military evolution. Are you telling us the cold war of the past can be compared to the cold war of the future (if there will ever be another)?

It is not the 'need to exercise its full capability'. It is the 'realisticity to exercise to its full potential'. If they have the ability to then it would make sense for them to 'unite for the common cause' and put in the same effort to ensure a quick and easy victory. Points such as 'individual economy' and 'society' are still being skipped. Waging small wars against smaller nations is nowhere near to a war with powerful nations such as India, Russia and China.

This is why I see your comparisons between a '28 nation alliance' to 1 single nation ridiculous.

So if I was a customer of my local MacDonalds, and it got closed down. Do I break it open and go intside to make my own burgers? LOL
No my friend, I would simply move on to another fast food franchise. And since when did Libya become a part of the SCO? Is there a need for China to stop NATO from commiting suicide? 'No' will indeed be the answer that you are looking for.

You clearly failed to see that my dismissal of NATO was based on this topic. And I absolutely wish that people will follow your personal believe that NATO is able to invade countries such as India, Russia and China. Besides, the economy for those 28 countries are telling. Who knows what NATO will become like in the future, let alone survive. It seems you are having problem with understanding the topic. It is about Top 10 military power and its ranking. Not about 'alliance ranking' neither was it an 'alliance vs a single country' thread.

Are you trying to tell readers that a country who was fighting a civil war being invaded equates to a country who isn't fighting a civil war and is militarily strong?
Oh yes there are indeed 'great disparity' militarily between the two, that is without saying. Care to tell me who is the one borrowing from China? Let us not forget about nukes which we didn't have at the time. If you still think countries such as India, Russia and China can be invaded now, then please bring forth your 'relevant' sources stating why.

Sure...The question of 'will is a matter of politics and politics can change' right?

Speaking of someone with the ability to foresee and correctly predict and dictate future? No..not nonsense at all.

Thankyou and you too are entitled to grade countries such as India, Russia and China anywhere you want. Wiser heads than you HAVE examined at how the impacts on economy and society have on a military power and came to a different conclusion.

Hence I still rate India and Russia above Israel and dismiss NATO here.

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

TIME HAS CHANGED MY FRIEND ITS NOT THE 50'S ANY MORE WHERE WE WERE TREATED AS SICK PEOPLE WHAT WE ARE IS BECAUSE OF OUR OWN HARD WORK CAN JAPAN EVEN THINK TO TAKE OUT A INCH OF CHINA TODAY NO IT CANT YOU MAY SEE US FIGHTING OVER OUR BORDERS OR BASHING EACH OTHER BUT WHEN IT COMES TO DOMINANCE O F WEST WE STAND TOGETHER AND IT HAS BEEN PROVED IN MANY WORLDS SUMMITS

He left his mind in the 50's.

Guys, a very serious question..Look Pakistan has the 4rth largest Nukes, 3rd largest missile inventory and a big strong military, so why isn't it in first 10??

For us simple civilians, could you please tell us how this rating is done??

Guys, a very serious question..Look Pakistan has the 4rth largest Nukes, 3rd largest missile inventory and a big strong military, so why isn't it in first 10??

the forth largest nuke thing is a prediction for the future, as of right now it is not the forth largest nuclear power
i also highly doubt that it has the 3rd largest inventory of missiles(consider us, russia and china's inventories)

the basic factor, why western media dont include pak in top ten is economy , otherwise pak is only among a handful of countries e nukes and missiles,enough to maintain its integrity.

you would be surprised how much self reliant we are in defence related field-- we might not have all the first best items , yet, however we make ourselves/jv/licence produce atleast the second best in our own country and are continously able to upgrade it.

this stretegy is a very practical thinking onpart of the militery http://www.defence.pk/forums/wmd-mi...ence-production-prospects-defence-export.html

Asks the person who has the ability to predict and determine the future? what non sense.
Yes BRIC nations can be the very backbone of the future and you will never know for sure where their 'common economical conductive interests' might one day drive them to. The economical and military conductivity is there, perhaps not so much for Brazil
And where have I predicted or prophesied that Brazil, Russia, India, and China will never come to an alliance. The best that I see from you here is 'can'. Is that it? Simply 'can'? What I only said was the initials BRIC made up a merely economic label and that the current military capabilities of the four render such a military-centric alliance unlikely. Only a delusional mind will believe that despite a certain incapability a country can still enter an alliance that will require that missing capability.

Theoretically they can and there is no stopping them. But it isn't my interest here to discuss about them.
A retreat into the abstract is a clear sign of having no argument. The BRIC countries have only a slight better odds of being in a NATO-like alliance than Albania, Timbuktu, Zimbabwe, and Luxembourg.

I thought you have the military knowledge to see through the whole spectrum of the worlds military evolution. Are you telling us the cold war of the past can be compared to the cold war of the future (if there will ever be another)?
Why not? A 'cold war' can exist any time and anywhere when two or more countries are hostile to each other but unable to militarily defeat each other.

It is not the 'need to exercise its full capability'. It is the 'realisticity to exercise to its full potential'. If they have the ability to then it would make sense for them to 'unite for the common cause' and put in the same effort to ensure a quick and easy victory. Points such as 'individual economy' and 'society' are still being skipped. Waging small wars against smaller nations is nowhere near to a war with powerful nations such as India, Russia and China.

This is why I see your comparisons between a '28 nation alliance' to 1 single nation ridiculous.
The 'need' is for a different topic. The capability to spank China like a naughty schoolboy is already here since the US is a member of NATO.

So if I was a customer of my local MacDonalds, and it got closed down. Do I break it open and go intside to make my own burgers? LOL
No my friend, I would simply move on to another fast food franchise. And since when did Libya become a part of the SCO? Is there a need for China to stop NATO from commiting suicide? 'No' will indeed be the answer that you are looking for.
:lol: The issue here is not whether China can buy oil elsewhere. The issue is whether currently China can militarily support a long distance ally. You ridiculously brought on BRIC as an alliance when they are nothing more than a convenient economic label. So if China cannot transport a credible military force to the ME, what make you think China can bring the same force to the Western Hemisphere?

You clearly failed to see that my dismissal of NATO was based on this topic. And I absolutely wish that people will follow your personal believe that NATO is able to invade countries such as India, Russia and China. Besides, the economy for those 28 countries are telling. Who knows what NATO will become like in the future, let alone survive. It seems you are having problem with understanding the topic. It is about Top 10 military power and its ranking. Not about 'alliance ranking' neither was it an 'alliance vs a single country' thread.
No need to invade a country in order to render its military ineffective or incapable of offensive operations. With the US, NATO can spank China silly.

Are you trying to tell readers that a country who was fighting a civil war being invaded equates to a country who isn't fighting a civil war and is militarily strong?
Oh yes there are indeed 'great disparity' militarily between the two, that is without saying. Care to tell me who is the one borrowing from China? Let us not forget about nukes which we didn't have at the time. If you still think countries such as India, Russia and China can be invaded now, then please bring forth your 'relevant' sources stating why.
If there is a war between the US and China, all bets and debts are off the table. And there is no need for US to invade China to render the PLA toothless.

Sure...The question of 'will is a matter of politics and politics can change' right?
Sure.

Speaking of someone with the ability to foresee and correctly predict and dictate future? No..not nonsense at all.
Again...What 'prediction' have I made?

Thankyou and you too are entitled to grade countries such as India, Russia and China anywhere you want. Wiser heads than you HAVE examined at how the impacts on economy and society have on a military power and came to a different conclusion.

No shortage here on how much the US spend on our military versus how much for the rest of the world. The US economy is far from collapse as many has hoped for. The US is a member of NATO. The US and NATO members have proven combat experience. Good luck in trying to find a betting office downtown London to take your offer.

And where have I predicted or prophesied that Brazil, Russia, India, and China will never come to an alliance. The best that I see from you here is 'can'. Is that it? Simply 'can'? What I only said was the initials BRIC made up a merely economic label and that the current military capabilities of the four render such a military-centric alliance unlikely. Only a delusional mind will believe that despite a certain incapability a country can still enter an alliance that will require that missing capability.

I see you failed to see the talks was about the future. If you are reading properly and not inbetween the lines, then you would have picked up that my whole emphasis of their cooporation may one day become a military one was based in the future. Only a delusioned being can come out and firmly rubbish the possibility of such an alliance. Needless to say, India, Russia and China have the geological advantage to form such alliance. The advantage would be greater than the one of America and the EU. It makes sense why NATO has to go around the long way for oil and not tear Russia apart doesn't it? :azn:

A retreat into the abstract is a clear sign of having no argument. The BRIC countries have only a slight better odds of being in a NATO-like alliance than Albania, Timbuktu, Zimbabwe, and Luxembourg.

It is called 'staying within the topic' and I am not obliged to talk about such an alliance although they can form one if they wish to (according to you). And BRIC alone has enough power to disable dismantle NATO. Why would America settle with a partitioned Korea if its alliance was indeed as strong as it was 'claimed' to be? :lol:

Why not? A 'cold war' can exist any time and anywhere when two or more countries are hostile to each other but unable to militarily defeat each other.

I see your mind was left in the 50's.
How about, there will be no cold war between the West and the East because the West 'cannot afford it'?

The 'need' is for a different topic. The capability to spank China like a naughty schoolboy is already here since the US is a member of NATO.

Actually China is waiting to be spanked but America and his friends are too scared come forward because strong countries such as India and Russia alone are too much for them.

:lol: The issue here is not whether China can buy oil elsewhere. The issue is whether currently China can militarily support a long distance ally. You ridiculously brought on BRIC as an alliance when they are nothing more than a convenient economic label. So if China cannot transport a credible military force to the ME, what make you think China can bring the same force to the Western Hemisphere?

The convenience economic label has the potential to become a military one. America isn't even a part of Europe, they are oceans apart, yet they tag along with the other countries. So what makes you think the others can't? Economically speaking, BRIC nations have more muscle to flex than NATO, it makes perfect sense for them to be allies with one another. So yes if America wants to lose its footing around the world then they can feel free to attack Brazil when its cooperation becomes a military one..LOL

Besides China and other nuclear powers in Asia has the advantages needed to thwart NATO and America like tiny little flies should they try to come and invade.
So why worry ourselves over incompetent little flies?

The fact that NATO 'cannot' invade Asia makes the alliance look silly. They are better off invading little countries.

No need to invade a country in order to render its military ineffective or incapable of offensive operations. With the US, NATO can spank China silly.

Oh so why haven't they done so? Is it because the incompetent little flies are too scared of India, Russia and China? Talk about being childish :rofl:

If there is a war between the US and China, all bets and debts are off the table. And there is no need for US to invade China to render the PLA toothless.

Yes then America will render itself toothless in the process. China already has America in the balls. Hence they can't do s*hit but to have people like you bark at China instead :azn:.

Care-Bears.jpg

They like to throw the word 'invade', but the American invasion has no meaning in Asia. Only small countries in ME would buy into that. It goes to show how incompetent they really are as an alliance.

Sure and back to you.

Again...What 'prediction' have I made?[/B]

Predictions which enabled you to come up and make crazy wild meaningless statements about other big countries? :agree:

No shortage here on how much the US spend on our military versus how much for the rest of the world. The US economy is far from collapse as many has hoped for. The US is a member of NATO. The US and NATO members have proven combat experience. Good luck in trying to find a betting office downtown London to take your offer.

Yes and America should carry on with its military spending. No one is objecting it, infact we are very happy for them to spend its money so wisely.
Yes America is a part of NATO (renowned for bullying little small countries), and its combat experience on fighting skirmishes with sandal wearing fighters means much to the otherside of the world.

Yes the betting office would be delighted if I place my bets on America and its allies invading China, because they know it will never happen. :D

You should find a betting office in sunny California to place your life saving on America invading China too. Don't expect any money returning in your lifetime though.

I see you failed to see the talks was about the future. If you are reading properly and not inbetween the lines, then you would have picked up that my whole emphasis of their cooporation may one day become a military one was based in the future. Only a delusioned being can come out and firmly rubbish the possibility of such an alliance. Needless to say, India, Russia and China have the geological advantage to form such alliance. The advantage would be greater than the one of America and the EU. It makes sense why NATO has to go around the long way for oil and not tear Russia apart doesn't it? :azn:
Ah...So now it is YOU who are making predictions and prophecies...:lol:...But I was the one who was accused of making prophesies...:lol:...No need to continue. Just like how you could not keep your arguments straight in the Vietnam War debate and got busted for lying, you could not keep yourself straight here.

Cheers...:wave:

Anything to confirm this ?? I meant for this missile inventory claim....
Also even if it use all weapons against any of the top 10 they can't win against them (i am not sure about Japan and turkey) but Pak will not attack turkey and they have nothing to attack Japan, while Japan which has a strong naval and air force as compared to Pak which can overthrow them (No disrespect to anyone but its a fact). Man they have a defence budjet of 50 billion$, they have everthing to reach Pakistan, while Pakistan has not enough resources to reach Japan, what you expect, Pakistani soldiers will walk thei on feet or swim ?? Or you expect them to blow some other nation nation with nuke and in result their would be a tsunami that will destroy Japan ?? :)

With recent upgrades and purchases, Pakistan makes the list, but doesn't really make it to the top 5.
You cannot make into top 10, whether you accept it or not its your problem but i agree you are a powerful nation and any nation will think twice before attacking you...

And the list was about power projection.
And what is this supposed to mean ??

I see you failed to see the talks was about the future. If you are reading properly and not inbetween the lines, then you would have picked up that my whole emphasis of their cooporation may one day become a military one was based in the future. Only a delusioned being can come out and firmlyrubbish the possibility of such an alliance. Needless to say, India, Russia and China have the geological advantage to form such alliance. The advantage would be greater than the one of America and the EU. It makes sense why NATO has to go around the long way for oil and not tear Russia apart doesn't it? :azn:

Ah...So now it is YOU who are making predictions and prophecies...:lol:...But I was the one who was accused of making prophesies...:lol:...No need to continue. Just like how you could not keep your arguments straight in the Vietnam War debate and got busted for lying, you could not keep yourself straight here.

Cheers...:wave:

You are entitled to leave the discussion. Fact that there is hardly anything substancial and worthy of a discussion made coming from you made you look silly anyway. Just like with the Vietnam thread. You are better talking more nonsense about Vietnam, the war is long gone and dusted and America lost, packed their bags and left. See what I mean by your mind was left in the 50's? :rofl:

If the threat to all members of this bloc is common enough AND if said threat is serious enough, then members of this bloc will lay aside their political differences and unite behind a common cause. The aggressor have no choice but to treat the bloc as a unitary nation-state.

Talk about making firm predictions :cheesy:

It doesn't bother me to talk nonsense to someone who talks nonsense himself. If you can make wild predictions and assumptions, others can come and do the same. YOU are talking out of your own imaginary world and I am here to milk the fraud for the fun of it. :lol:

Cheers for the fun :wave:

P.S. I still rate India and Russia above Israel and dismiss NATO here.

Back
Top Bottom