What's new

Top 10 military powers TOPYAPS

Who is most powerful militarily among these nations?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for France because they have strongest indegenous military industry. They are also the only country beside the USA with catapult aircraft carrier.

^^^
So you mean France at second place ?? Also i don't think these rankings have anything to do with votings, these are professional opinions.

If the threat to all members of this bloc is common enough AND if said threat is serious enough, then members of this bloc will lay aside their political differences and unite behind a common cause. The aggressor have no choice but to treat the bloc as a unitary nation-state.
But we are talking about nations not groups. If more than 3 nations in NATO go to war simultaneously because of their personal problems, i bet NATO will break. No group can survive 3 wars at same time. I am not talking about Iraq, Afghanistan or libya. China, Russia or even India can alone take down the whole NATO, these countries are too big to be conquered by any nation or group at present. Just take example of Afghanistan.

But we are talking about nations not groups. If more than 3 nations in NATO go to war simultaneously because of their personal problems, i bet NATO will break. No group can survive 3 wars at same time. I am not talking about Iraq, Afghanistan or libya. China, Russia or even India can alone take down the whole NATO, these countries are too big to be conquered by any nation or group at present. Just take example of Afghanistan.
If you prefer...But militarily speaking, an alliance must be treated as if it is a unitary nation-state because inside that alliance, there would be provisions their militaries, from justifications to corporate responsibilities, as to when the alliance must act as one to defend common interests.

this thread is a TROLL! People coming up and giving their own so called logical reasons. . .

You can never compare military like this. . There are numerous examples in history when an ill-equiped and a force with few numbers defeated a huge force. .

^^^
Yeah but not in our history... :)
Also here people are putting their opinions but all of them are based on a single article which are studies of respectable groups and based on which this thread was open. You first read the whole thread not just the last page.

If you prefer
Its not about mine or your preference. I am talking based on that article.

But militarily speaking, an alliance must be treated as if it is a unitary nation-state because inside that alliance, there would be provisions their militaries, from justifications to corporate responsibilities, as to when the alliance must act as one to defend common interests.
Let me be clear....if UK wants to go to war with one nation, france have trouble with some other nation and a couple of countries are facing economic meltdown, you think NATO go meet all those challenges ?? This time they went to go to war against Libya, but if it was N.Korea or Pakistan no-one would have agreed.

There are nations against whom you cannot go to war. Its a fact accept or not, its up to you. Now if you are joining power of 15 nations against China or India or Russia, on paper yeah they are powerful but they cannot win any war against these nations and let me assure you this war would result in destruction of all parties involved in this war especially because loss of life and property will be too much.

Also this would be the first time when the member countries would face attack on their soil also unlike in case of Afghanistan or Iraq or Libya which don't have enough firepower and air-force fleet to retaliate.

^^^
Yeah but not in our history... :)
Also here people are putting their opinions but all of them are based on a single article which are studies of respectable groups and based on which this thread was open. You first read the whole thread not just the last page.

for the bolded part. . . the Mughals ruled the Sub-Continent and Babur defeated an army of 100,000 with his 12,000 troops. . . :azn:

for the bolded part. . . the Mughals ruled the Sub-Continent and Babur defeated an army of 100,000 with his 12,000 troops. . . :azn:

Mughals didnt rule all of the sub continent.......also babur defeating 100000 with 12000 men? any sources.....Also i hope u know tht he was invited to this region by local kings.

Mughals didnt rule all of the sub continent.......also babur defeating 100000 with 12000 men? any sources.....Also i hope u know tht he was invited to this region by local kings.

by subcontinent I mean the India. . I know he was invited by local kings. . the source for 100,000 to 12,000 his history books. . I read it in class 8th. . :)

by subcontinent I mean the India. . I know he was invited by local kings. . the source for 100,000 to 12,000 his history books. . I read it in class 8th. . :)
Im also talkin abt india.
our history books :tdown:
P.S=Do u know who he fought?A Rajputking n lodhi Pashtuns.... who had joined forces

the source for 100,000 to 12,000 his history books. . I read it in class 8th
We also read history and i don't remember any war like this. Also at that time Pakistan was India. And i meant modern history not medieval.

Wow... Israel and Turkey's mention but no mention of Pakistan??? hmm... very stupid and completely baseless "assumptions" whoever came up with such a crap... you were defintiely inviting trolls by "daring" to bring such a deceptive topic without the inclusion of Pakistan in a Pakistan Defense Forum :) And... I"m NOT a troll... geez :)

Wow... Israel and Turkey's mention but no mention of Pakistan??? hmm... very stupid and completely baseless "assumptions" whoever came up with such a crap... you were defintiely inviting trolls by "daring" to bring such a deceptive topic without the inclusion of Pakistan in a Pakistan Defense Forum :) And... I"m NOT a troll... geez :)

Yes you are right, how dare they..:angry:

Now lets twist the real facts...

Pakistan Army.. 1st in world
China Army.....2nd
Turkey Army....3rd
You fill the rest of the spots..;)

:rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom