What's new

‘Tortured’ prisoner’s body arrives from India

Correction. This thread is about a Pakistani who is accused of being a spy and was being tried in Indian courts. He was ill and was provided treatment regularly. He died, and Pakistan was informed the very next day.

ISLAMABAD, March 12: Pakistan on Wednesday demanded an explanation from India about the mysterious death of a Pakistani man who had gone to India to watch a cricket match in 2005, but was arrested and denied consular access. He later died in an Indian prison.

Khalid Mahmood, 30, died on Feb 12 but his family in Pakistan was informed about his death on March 4.

“It is regrettable that India did not inform Pakistan’s High Commission in New Delhi about the arrest of the deceased as required under international diplomatic norms in such cases,” Foreign Office spokesman Muhammad Sadiq told newsmen at his weekly briefing.

He said that Pakistan was shocked and angered at the death of Mr Khalid in mysterious circumstances and it had asked the Indian Ministry of External Affairs to get the matter thoroughly investigated and share the outcome with Pakistan.

Conveying Pakistan’s resentment over the tragic death of the cricket fan, he said the incident had dampened the goodwill generated by the recent release of Indian prisoner Kashmir Singh who was pardoned by President Pervez Musharraf.

On reaching India, Singh stated that he worked as an Indian spy in Pakistan.

Mr Sadiq said Singh had been released on humanitarian grounds.

Source:India’s explanation sought on prisoner’s death -DAWN - Top Stories; March 13, 2008

“It is regrettable that India did not inform Pakistan’s High Commission in New Delhi about the arrest of the deceased as required under international diplomatic norms in such cases,”

Neither India nor Pakistan inform each other when a person of their respective nationalist is arrested. This fact was clarified by the Indian Embassy in a statement I had posted earlier. Please re-read it.

I think the current set up helps both of them carry out their counter-intel activities.

Correction. This thread is about a Pakistani who is accused of being a spy and was being tried in Indian courts. He was ill and was provided treatment regularly. He died, and Pakistan was informed the very next day.

No...the thread is about if the indian govt did the right thing by handing the body of a dead pakistani in return for getting a self confessed spy released.

If the indians released a pakistani spy and the pakistani govt in return sent the body of a indian back in return i would condem the action.....simple.
Your blinked by pure nationalism to even give a simple answer.

The guy died long before you released Kashmir Singh and informed the Pakistani Government about it. You government, it appears, did not inform the family of the deceased.

Once again. This guy died on February 12th 2008
Kashmir Singh was released on March 4th 2008.

The Pakistani died almost a month before you guys released our spy - Kashmir Singh!

If the indians released a pakistani spy and the pakistani govt in return sent the body of a indian back in return i would condem the action.....simple.

I'd rather you use your basic mental faculties to think about how the guy died and when the other side informed you rather than this ugly nationalistic nauseating mumbo-jumbo most of you are so excessively obsessed with. Diseases kill people, too.

India did the right thing in the most dignified manner.

Well in my understanding the reply india gave to Pakistani Government is clear so in future if an Indian agent/citizen is caught then they would do the same to them as done to this innocent man.

The guy died long before you released Kashmir Singh and informed the Pakistani Government about it. You government, it appears, did not inform the family of the deceased.

Once again. This guy died on February 12th 2008
Kashmir Singh was released on March 4th 2008.

The Pakistani died almost a month before you guys released our spy - Kashmir Singh!.

So how come the body was sent after singh was released,if he had died a month before.......did you fall for a ISI plot to make india look bad.
The indian govt could have sent the body anytime they wanted....is your govt that inept that it left the handing over of the body after they received singh..?

So i see,you still can not answer a simple question....do you think india did the right think by handing the dead body of a pakistani after getting an indian spy.

I'd rather you use your basic mental faculties to think about how the guy died and when the other side informed you rather than this ugly nationalistic nauseating mumbo-jumbo most of you are so excessively obsessed with. Diseases kill people, too.

India did the right thing in the most dignified manner.

Okay just to keep you happy.....the guy was a pakistani spy who spent his time in the best indian hospital's and was not tortured but caught some unknown illness and died.
The peace loving indian in all its generosity informed the pakistani govt about the death but the GoP did not tell the relatives...who just by chance recieved the body.......

After the release of singh do you think the indian govt did the right thing by sending a dead pakistani in return for singh or do you think the peace process would have been boosted by the release of a pakistani spy..alive and well in return for singh.

So how come the body was sent after singh was released,if he had died a month before..

Your embassy official took 28 days to trace out the dead mans relatives. We informed the Pakistani embassy on the very next day.

do you think india did the right think by handing the dead body of a pakistani after getting an indian spy.

Yes, India did the right thing. They have given the relatives a chance to mourn his death properly. It is in the Indian ethos to treat the dead with high respect. We are being honest - if it causes you any problem you deal with it.

so wait plzzzz few days we also send with same respect very soon.

Your embassy official took 28 days to trace out the dead mans relatives. We informed the Pakistani embassy on the very next day.

Yes, India did the right thing. They have given the relatives a chance to mourn his death properly. It is in the Indian ethos to treat the dead with high respect. We are being honest - if it causes you any problem you deal with it.

Thanyou so much for proving me correct......at least all the pakistani can see what you indians are really about....

I cant wait when the start sending the bodies of indian terrorist back....kneck broken of course and may a few days of torture..rip his nails eyes and take out his eyes.
You dont mind when we also start saying its a virus that caused it.

Stop being silly. Your government does not accuse India of torturing this prisoner. He died out of a disease. What you want to do in return I'd say reflects your values.

Stop being silly. Your government does not accuse India of torturing this prisoner. He died out of a disease. What you want to do in return I'd say reflects your values.

I can make prediction here for you. In few days Sarbjit will die of "Disease" and many more indian spies will also die of unkown disease in Pak jails.:chilli:

He died out of a disease

india again a disease center of the world you just confirmed!:flame:

I can make prediction here for you. In few days Sarbjit will die of "Disease" and many more indian spies will also die of unkown disease in Pak jails.:chilli:

He died out of a disease

india again a disease center of the world you just confirmed!:flame:

Many Indians and Pakistani strayed into each other's territories so lets not ignore the facts.

Taking such stance may also harm many Pakistanis who are into India illegally and who have stayed back even after expiry of 4 day cricket Visa.

but they return died body if visa expires so what we have option wait until every pakistani in indian jail died:taz:

Back
Top Bottom