What's new

Total loss : 5.68 Billion US$ - Is this true?

Last edited:
I'm not surprised, and most likely 100% true; the word on the street is it'll get a lot worse.
thats very bad for us then, our imf package if revive would be $6 billion and we already down, $5 Billion extra

thats very bad for us then, our imf package if revive would be $6 billion and we already down, $5 Billion extra

Pakistan will need two tranches' of bail-out to survive the end of the year. But unfortunately, people fail to ask what they will do to improve the situation, and there are no plans. There are no plans because you have no money; you will never have cash. Pakistan is a country that has squandered any advantage it's had in 75 years. It's nothing but a rag doll.

The current political drama played out as a death knell for the country, a self-inflicted blow that no external enemy was needed. Your enemies at this point are probably thinking, why have we even spent all this money?

The Overseas Pakistanis were keeping the country afloat for what it was worth, and with recent political victimization playing out, they will start pulling funds out of the country. You look at the recent flooding for a clue, no one donated, and they had to use Imran Khan on the telecast to collect donations, and even he struggled. He struggled because, as I've said before, the trust factor between the state and its people is gone. I'm sure @RescueRanger can confirm this.

Why is this worse? As discussed in another thread, the Young Generation is alienated. Any connection they've had back home will soon die and be cut off. For example, my father sends money back home, and I make investments, but none of my other brothers and their extended families do anything or send anything back home. Soon, I will stop as well, and I'm sure my children will not invest in Pakistan or have any connections back home either.

Soon, you will have an exodus of educated people leaving the country for greener pastures because an educated individual can't survive in the Pakistani environment as his newfound thinking and ideas do not connect.

Lastly, you saw the Zebra Army (JUI-F) of Fazul Rahman storm the Supreme Court and capital, just read the headlines in the Western world, "Islamist Extremists take over the capital"; for the sensible person, this is enough clue not to invest in this country because, within a few days, you turned this into Somalia.

Whoever thought utilizing JUI-F would be intelligent needs a complete mental evaluation.

Investors require law and order, but, most importantly, stability, and that's nowhere to be found now.

Last edited:
Pakistan will need two tranches' of bail-out to survive the end of the year. But unfortunately, people fail to ask what they will do to improve the situation, and there are no plans. There are no plans because you have no money; you will never have cash. Pakistan is a country that has squandered any advantage it's had in 75 years. It's nothing but a rag doll.

The current political drama played out as a death knell for the country, a self-inflicted blow that no external enemy was needed. Your enemies at this point are probably thinking, why have we even spent all this money?

The Overseas Pakistanis were keeping the country afloat for what it was worth, and with recent political victimization playing out, they will start pulling funds out of the country. You look at the recent flooding for a clue, no one donated, and they had to use Imran Khan on the telecast to collect donations, and even he struggled. He struggled because, as I've said before, the trust factor between the state and its people is gone. I'm sure @RescueRanger can confirm this.

Why is this worse? As discussed in another thread, the Young Generation is alienated. Any connection they've had back home will soon die and be cut off. For example, my father sends money back home, and I make investments, but none of my other brothers and their extended families do anything or send anything back home. Soon, I will stop as well, and I'm sure my children will not invest in Pakistan or have any connections back home either.

Soon, you will have an exodus of educated people leaving the country for greener pastures because an educated individual can't survive in the Pakistani environment as his newfound thinking and ideas do not connect.

Lastly, you saw the Zebra Army (JUI-F) of Fazul Rahman storm the Supreme Court and capital, just read the headlines in the Western world, "Islamist Extremists take over the capital"; for the sensible person, this is enough clue not to invest in this country because, within a few days, you turned this into Somalia.

Whoever thought utilizing JUI-F would be intelligent needs a complete mental evaluation.

Investors require law and order, but, most importantly, stability, and that's nowhere to be found now.
Its very sad only if pdm let imran khan completed 1.5 years and then go for election nothing would have happened and economically we wllere heading ahead besides all political drama dont know why this happened

I've sent thousands of pounds with the intention to help out the Forex situation and obviously family. Like you I decided to use formal channels, even though I lose 10-15% on remittances.

Time to close my world remit account.

Can anyone please confirm if this is true?
Given the disinformation on web in normal times, and the situation in Pakistan currently, how can you believe such figures (irrespective of being true or untrue)?

The originators nick not withstanding, clearly aimed at inflaming passions to say in the most moderate sense that is.

I mean these losses are supposed to be, losses that were otherwise to be accrued. No agency can for sure quantify in exact terms, expected gains.

Its clear that there are lot of entities heating their roti, on available heat of passionate countrymen in your country.

Given the disinformation on web in normal times, and the situation in Pakistan currently, how can you believe such figures (irrespective of being true or untrue)?

The originators nick not withstanding, clearly aimed at inflaming passions to say in the most moderate sense that is.

I mean these losses are supposed to be, losses that were otherwise to be accrued. No agency can for sure quantify in exact terms, expected gains.

Its clear that there are lot of entities heating their roti, on available heat of passionate countrymen in your country.
Remittances been announced every month by sbp state bank of pakistan

Remittances been announced every month by sbp state bank of pakistan
Not sure about 1 and 2 out of 4 pointed out in first post, wrt remittances. I mean how remittances are classified etc, but the 4th point can't correspond to remittance.

Further no one can confirm with certainty, its the regime change that caused slow down in remittance. If am right remittances are usually inflows, that come from earning members overseas. They won't stop just because X is sitting instead of Y in office, will they?

All am saying is, its better to wait for dust to settle before taking stock of such statistics. Figures are figures, but the reasons need to be investigated before passing judgements. It can't be done at this point, given the chaos.

Not sure about 1 and 2 out of 4 pointed out in first post, wrt remittances. I mean how remittances are classified etc, but the 4th point can't correspond to remittance.

Further no one can confirm with certainty, its the regime change that caused slow down in remittance. If am right remittances are usually inflows, that come from earning members overseas. They won't stop just because X is sitting instead of Y in office, will they?

All am saying is, its better to wait for dust to settle before taking stock of such statistics. Figures are figures, but the reasons need to be investigated before passing judgements. It can't be done at this point, given the chaos.

Back
Top Bottom