What's new

Tourists held for looking at 'terrorist' materials in China 'watched a documentary on Genghis Khan'

if you watching on alqueda.com or other banned websites

Almost everyone in China uses Banned sites some time or the other.

China will literally be in dark, if even VPN access is denied to sites. For some things there are no good Chinese alternatives, or for some purposes you explicitly need to reach out to the world.

from earlier reports they said they were watching ramadan and other praying videos, now flip flopin to genghis khan video after deported :rolleyes:

Which earlier report are you talking about?

Just want to make a point here. Watching does not translate into support. There are thousands of reasons for someone to visit banned sites. One reason may be to get a feel of how terrorists think and operate. I if I were to visit such sites the purpose would be to write articles against the mindset of the terrorists. For this you really have to understand them and know what their figures are saying. Iyad El Baghdadi who was deported from the UAE visited such sites often. He is a very liberal fellow with no terrorist links. Also don't confuse him with the baghdadi that runs ISIS. Type his name on google and learn about him.

you don't want to do that at all if you're living in the west or in china. those sites are traps. they will put you on potential terrorist suspect list and have your phones and internet monitored 24/7. normal people don't go to read stuff on those kind of sites :D

Last edited:
even I, a very pro-China person

:coffee:

China tends to overuse this thing, with the government using it for very small reasons.

Just look at the mess they have created. Arresting someone for watching some documentary.

I was among the first few, who wrote a letter of protest when CNN and other International Media, used quotes, when referring to terrorists of the Kunming Massacre, for they were nothing but terrorists. But, all people that China quotes are not.

Look, you never know the real situation here, just by reading some piece of news on the Internet.

Seriously, do you really think the authority would act base on reason of just watch Ramadan prayer video or even more ridiculously a documemtary?

Sure if you want to believe Chinese authority is that incompetent. And of course those who get caught won't say yes, they watched terrorist video or try to spread it in China and thus was deported.

Back
Top Bottom