What's new

Towards a common language script for all humanity

Are you not going wrong in saying that Haryanvi farmers and Indian IT / ITES workers have nothing to do with Cuba's freedom against NATO terrorism and nothing to do with the Cuban revolution of of 1953-1959 which brought the leftists into governance there ? What if an oppressed Dalit from Karnataka in India and an oppressed-by-mullahs young female from elsewhere in India were to understand this song about Che Guevara in their own languages ? Wouldn't they start think of beginning their journey of emancipation
Your entire argument is based on the assumption that people want to understand the lives of the rest of the world but they are being deprived of the opportunity, and additionally it is language barrier that is to blame. Wrong.

The point i am trying to make is that most people don't give a damn. So your wish to turn every Haryanvi farmer into a Che Guevara is redundant. Yes i know that people learn from the struggles of others. Many movements wanted to be non violent like Gandhi. Lack of understanding of Indian languages did not stop this. If there is a will there is a way.

Now it you want to turn every couch potato into a revolutionary that is fine. That is not the same as saying that a standard language is required

This topic is only for people who are Ignorant of Sanskrit.

Its is a perfect language in all essence to learn, understand, and communicate (oral as well as written).

Anyone who knows even elementary Sanskrit knows that this is not even a debate.

Global egalitarianism? No. Nation or country-based egalitarianism? Yes.

What's wrong with global / human-wide egalitarianism ?

The concept of Nation State is artificial and recent - from the French Revolution of the late 1700s - and this revolution came about to end two other artificial and anti-democratic concepts - monarchy and feudalism.

It is in accordance with Nature that humans live without national borders and national militaries. A single progressive political, social and socio-economic governance and guidance system for humans whether on Earth or Mars or anywhere else. However, all rational and intellectual historic and current cultural elements on Earth can be promoted elsewhere. It will only enrich the humans of other cultures.

Your entire argument is based on the assumption that people want to understand the lives of the rest of the world but they are being deprived of the opportunity, and additionally it is language barrier that is to blame. Wrong.

Well, isn't YouTube filled with travel vids and food reviews ?

The point i am trying to make is that most people don't give a damn. So your wish to turn every Haryanvi farmer into a Che Guevara is redundant. Yes i know that people learn from the struggles of others. Many movements wanted to be non violent like Gandhi. Lack of understanding of Indian languages did not stop this. If there is a will there is a way.

A struggle need not always be with guns. 700 farmers died in the Delhi farmers protests of 2020-21. Isn't this worth being known say in Algeria and Columbia even in terms of the slogans used ? A standard script will help. As also help with transmission and collaboration of literature, music, poetry and technological achievement.

Now it you want to turn every couch potato into a revolutionary that is fine. That is not the same as saying that a standard language is required

A standard script ( script, not language, though English is really the standard language ) will be very helpful in turning frivolous people ( like the typical desi student and worker ) into thinking and actually contributing-to-humanity people.

This topic is only for people who are Ignorant of Sanskrit.

Its is a perfect language in all essence to learn, understand, and communicate (oral as well as written).

Anyone who knows even elementary Sanskrit knows that this is not even a debate.

I know, I know. Sanskrit is the perfect language for computer programming including for artificial intelligence and this has been "proved by none other than NASA" whose 35 percent of its workers are Indians :rofl: :

ADOPTION OF SANSKRIT BY NASA AIMS TO CHANGE THE LANGUAGE GAP​

Adoption of Sanskrit by NASA Aims to Change the Language Gap

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE LATEST NEWS
by Satavisa Pati September 1, 2021

Sanskrit is being adopted by NASA

Sanskrit has always been an important language in intellectual communities. Despite its ancient origin, the language has some amazing characteristics that are considered helpful in different fields. It is also used for therapy sessions in psychology and for spiritual remissions. But its recent involvement with artificial intelligence is an honor proving its power for being a valuable course of literature.

The grammar also makes Sanskrit suitable for machine learning and even artificial intelligence. For historians and regular folks, the possibility of using Sanskrit to develop artificially intelligent machines is inspiring because it exploits the past innovatively to deliver solutions for the future.

NASA Sanskrit relation is not new. It all began in 1985 when a NASA associate scientist published a research paper in the spring issue of Artificial Intelligence magazine. (Volume 6 Number 1). The name of the scientist was Rick Briggs who submitted his research entitled Vedic Science- ‘Knowledge Representation in Sanskrit and Artificial Intelligence.’

The article argued about Natural languages being the best option to be converted into the computing program for robotic control and Artificial Intelligence technology. The research focuses on Sanskrit among the pool of many human languages, explaining that it is one of the most suitable ones for computing techniques. Although a detailed discussion about this research paper is due in the article onwards, here is a summary in Rick Briggs’ own words derived from the same journal.

NASA had been researching this matter for more than two decades. A lot of money, time, and resources had been invested. The outcomes favor the integration of a language that can be converted into machine computing to enhance Artificial Intelligence efficiency. The phrase above indicates NASA’s intense interest in Sanskrit and the research is authentically done by NASA over many levels. However, the paper was published in 1985 which is almost more than 20 years ago, yet it is a common fact that NASA’s research is often prolonged over decades to derive official results.

Currently, NASA is also working on Artificial Intelligence for space communications which are clear proof that the topic of “Artificial intelligence Development” was never closed in NASA.

Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is solely the author’s opinion and not investment advice – it is provided for educational purposes only. By using this, you agree that the information does not constitute any investment or financial instructions. Do conduct your own research and reach out to financial advisors before making any investment decisions.
What a troll you are and what a troll the girl who wrote above article is. :lol:

This thread is inspired by a discussion in 'Whatever' with @ahaider97 and @Sainthood 101.

There are so many cultures in the world and every one of them will have some knowledge, poetry, progressivism and intellectuality within them to various levels. But people of other cultures don't know of those elements or are antagonistic because of no language knowledge so there becomes an artificial ignorance within the others for the others. For many things English has become the medium of information exchange but there will be some information bits, words etc that are conscise in a language that is not known to others because of historical language barrier, specifically the script. And there are some words or lines or sentences or information bits that apply to a certain geography or social situation that will remain hidden to others. For example, there is the Urdu word "Haasil". Translated to English it will be just "To obtain" but in Urdu the word has the context of "To do everything with passion and obsession to obtain and attain a thing, or a female object of obsession for that matter ( :D )". So I think towards common interaction and exchange of culture, political thought and scientific thought every language ( like say Urdu or Bengali ) should be written in Latin script like English, with special marks around the letters for some sounds - like in Urdu there is the "Gh" ( as in Ghalat, meaning wrong where the "Gh" where the tongue is pushed up to the upper part of the mouth while expelling air ). A similar sound in Urdu is "Kh" as in Khan.

People use such a system on the internet already and Google Translate understands this too, like I just now typed in "Aap kahaan hain" in GT which correctly understood it as Urdu / Hindi and outputted "Where are you" in English. But such Latin script writing is not made formal across human exchange whether within countries or across humanity. So I propose for all human writing to be made into Latin script. The Indonesians and Filipinos have done this so can all desi languages and other languages.

Additionally, though some languages are culturally advanced ( like Bengali, Hebrew, Russian and Tamil ) their script is not very elegant, not sightly ( sorry, @Bilal9 bhai and @Atlas. Sorry @dani191 and @Beny Karachun. Sorry @vostok. Sorry @manlion ) but Latin script is elegant and simple so a change of those languages' scripts to Latin script will bring the achievements of those cultures to the knowledge of other cultures. Will this change not be nice ?

The best way to start is computer documents, whether a PDF file or webpages. There is already the two-byte Unicode letter format to present the letters of various languages ( say Chinese ) into their visual representations but that is again of no use because a Bengali will not be able to read Chinese visual letters, a German will not be able to read Urdu, and so on. However, if computer text code can be arranged such that all the letters are in Latin script with marks for special sounds then a person will be more enthused to use Google Translate on that text or will be enthused to even learn at least some of that language and online OCR translators will have it easier to translate.

My idea is this, and you the readers should contribute, an ASCII one-byte code is a simple code that can have number values from 0 to 255 ( max range of one byte ) with the values representing English capital case letters; small case letters; alphanumber values from 0 to 9; notation codes for word and sentence formatting ( like single and double quotes ); control codes for old-time screen printing, paper printing, serial port transmission and probably storage tape; then the Capitalist letters for the US Dollar, British Pound, Japanese Yen, "At the rate of" and so on; then sounds for Latin; other things. All fitting within the one-byte code. You can see the entire ASCII code list here.

Now I am sure there are not more than 255 vocalizations in any language for a letter or a two letter or three letter group so the eight-bit ASCII code for an English letter ( capital case or small ) can be represented by the one-byte code, then the last currently-unused-for-letters bit ( the eighth ) can have a value of one or zero to indicate whether there is a vocalization coming in the immediate next byte ( value one ) or not coming ( value 0 ) and if one then the immediate next ASCII code can represent a one-byte vocalization for that previous letter. For example the name Khan in ASCII and general English is four letters but non-desi speakers many a time pronounce it incorrectly as though they are seeing it as some English word that is pronounced as spelt, not with the tongue brought from bottom of mouth to the top and air expelled but just the air expelled, a thicker vocalization of the place Cannes. But if the vocalization marks around a letter are taught to people or made known then people will understand how to pronounce a word properly by understanding the vocalization of each letter if it has special prounounciation for that letter.

So if the first byte in a word has a capital letter or small letter its last bit ( the eighth bit ) will mark if there is a vocalization coming in the next byte and if so the graphics subsystem will print that vocalization above or under the previous letter. If the eighth bit is a zero then the next byte will be a letter or a alphanumber number ( 0-7 ) or other characters.

There are only so many visual marks and their vocalizations that a human can see or voice and I think 256 of them are enough. Computer documents, paper documents or text engraved in stone or metal can all be used with this system. What do you think ? This is an idea in ideation so please contribute.

---

Changed "Roman script" to "Latin script" via correction by @Sainthood 101

---

@Mentee @fitpOsitive @Joe Shearer @Bilal9 @Goenitz @KedarT @vishwambhar @Indos @Atlas @Valiant @Great Janjua @PDF @RescueRanger @Signalian @DrJekyll, all others.
Surely Bengali can be written with latin script! Infact before I troducung avro keyboard for PC ( Ridmik keyboard for mobile) , we used to write Bengali with latin script!

But you can't get nearly get the special feeling of Bengali language if you keep writing in latin script!

Just Kam chalana possible Hain! And nothing more than that! 😊

Last edited:
its Latin- only Latin script can be used for all humanity
as people already learn English, so they already know the script
It depends of your priorities.

e.g.: If you wants a alphabet for fast writing, then the best choice is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregg_shorthand

But today most of people have electronic devices to write, so maybe priorities will be diferent.

By the other side, reading is a most common task than writing, so a alphabet fast and easy to read will be absolutely different.

Esperanto was the most famous lenguage-created for common understanding.
Lojban is a modern attempt of doing the same, but in a more structured and ordered way.

I think today thanks to computers and internet we have the tools to create a equal and easy to learn common language, taking as base all the languages of this world in a ponderate way.

Surely Bengali can be written with latin script! Infact before I troducung avro keyboard for PC ( Ridmik keyboard for mobile) , we used to write Bengali with latin script!

But you can't get nearly get the special feeling of Bengali language if you keep writing in latin script!

Just Kam chalana possible Hain! And nothing more than that! 😊
It can be created a IPA keyboard, so every language can always be written, no matter what.

Nope. I don't like such uniformity at all.

I like it when I speak to a foreigner (or even within my own country in a different state) and we cannot understand each other.

I like it that I have learnt a certain nuance of a different culture or someone has learnt ours

I like it when I cannot read a sign and have to ask for directions.

I like using Google translate to sometimes confirm my correct understanding of a foreign word

I like getting lost (clueless) in another culture. It enhances the adventure. I dislike feeling at home

Why are you so hell bent upon bringing boring standardization to the world?
One mother language depending of your nation/culture and one common language for the Earth, that'd be the rational.

Things like irregular verbs in English has no sense in a language for whole planet.

Added in the OP credit to @ahaider97 and @Sainthood 101 for triggering the thought in me to create this thread.

Yes, agitating against wrong is a universal thing among the aware but those who agitate can benefit from the experiences of those who agitated before. The general ways, words and results. For example some years ago in a ITES company I worked in for less than a year I felt wronged by the office situation in some things and I saw wrongs against other co-workers. So I organically thought of starting a workers union in the office to present an organized face to the team leaders and managers so that those two groups see the incorrectness of their behavior. My idea was to start a workers union in my branch, encourage the workers in the other branch in the city and encourage them to speak to all they know in the Indian IT / ITES industry to start unions in their offices and this would create the first-time federation of workers unions in this industry in India. For decades in India this industry's managements had an unwritten understanding with the governments that workers unions have to be actively discouraged. It is another thing that most of the workers in this industry in India are unaware people. Apathetic to even the office troubles of the worker in the workstation beside. Many of them have right-wing tendencies and are thus anti-intellectual and reject the idea of their own emancipation. They don't support their co-workers so when troubles come upon themselves there is no one to support them.

However, I wanted to change that so I had a round of argument with my local branch's manager and I demanded with the assistant manager to speak to the main HR department sited in the other branch in the city. There I could have easily gotten my way of starting a union but I don't know what came over me but i resigned from the company otherwise this union would have been the first such federation in India. This was before such a federation started in India in 2018 - the All India IT & ITeS Employees' Union. The guides of this federation are aware people. Look at one element of what they propagate :
letcubalive-1-1024x1024.jpg

Now the IT / ITES workers through this recent federation of unions also spoke for the farmers in the 2020-21 farmers protests and indeed, many of those farmers would have been Haryanvi :
Untitled-design-min-1024x683.png

Are you not going wrong in saying that Haryanvi farmers and Indian IT / ITES workers have nothing to do with Cuba's freedom struggle against NATO terrorism and nothing to do with the Cuban revolution of of 1953-1959 which brought the leftists into governance there ? What if an oppressed Dalit from Karnataka in India and an oppressed-by-mullahs young female from elsewhere in India were to understand this song about Che Guevara in their own languages ? Wouldn't they start thinking of beginning their journey of emancipation ?

It is unnatural, anti-democratic and anti-human to artificially keep humans from interacting with others. :)
I understand that song because is in my mother tongue and it's not the big deal.

If you see how live real Cubans in Cuba today you wont want to start thinking the beginning of "the journey of emancipation".

And if you see how live Cubans in Miami, in the Evil USA, you probably would sing Stars and Stripes instead Carlos Puebla song.

:lol:

Btw, NATO has nothing to do with Cuba issues, it's a USA issue and Monroe doctrine issue. It's not Europe related.

Thanks to Internet you can see the real life conditions of every country you want, you dont need songs.
Just search in youtube "Walking/Driving " [the city you want to know more about it] and just see hours and hours of that real place.

It can be created a IPA keyboard, so every language can always be written, no matter what.
Yes! But can't be pronounced by non native speakers! Bengali is a hard language for non native speakers.

We have different letters for every pronounciaton! So still in order to learn Bengali pronounciaton properly, you still have to learn our script!

Last edited:
Yes! But can't be pronounced by non native speakers! Bengali is a hard language for non native speakers.

We have different letters for every pronounciaton! So still in order to learn Bengali pronounciaton properly, you still have to learn our script!
If it's well written in IPA, it can be read by a skilled talker. It depends of the mother language of everyone.

Anyway, you are right it's hard for non-native speakers, at least for me. My mother tongue is Spanish and one day I tried to listen a song in Bengali: I achieved nothing :lol:.

By the other side, modern Greek phonetically is very like Spanish, although there is no direct link between them. It's easy to listen and to talk modern Greek for a Spanish speaker, but it's pure coincidence.

Btw, NATO has nothing to do with Cuba issues, it's a USA issue and Monroe doctrine issue. It's not Europe related.

Well, the originators of NATO were probably the governments of USA and Britain with USA government leading. Geopolitics are ideological and give-and-take at the same time hence Venezuela has seen not only saboteurs from USA but also I had read of an Israeli too. Israel is a lot farther from Venezuela than Europe which you mention.

Lastly, to you and @ahaider97, I was banned hence couldn't reply earlier and now I am multi-tasking so I take your points to mind and will process them until naturally I come back to this topic. Bear with me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom