What's new

Transfer from Army to Civil Service Pakistan

hassan javed

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi guys, I have heard that there is 10% quota for army officers in civil service.Is that true?How do they transfer themselves from army to the civil service?What procedure do they have to go through??

There is a list that is prepared by members of the armed forces that want to join the civil service. After and if the higher ups approve they get the call to be interviewed and go through the same process as any normal candidate of the CSS cadre. It's not commonly done unless the person reaches a rank above Captain or equivalent.
Hi guys, I have heard that there is 10% quota for army officers in civil service.Is that true?How do they transfer themselves from army to the civil service?What procedure do they have to go through??

don't you think its a comparatively easier way to go civil service as compared to civil applicants who have to go through a rigorous written test..?

All Armed forces officers who are nominated for entry to Civil Services are of the rank of Captain/Lieutenant/Flt Lieutenant and have already spent at least 2 years training at their Academies, and another 4-5 years as an officer completing their basic professional training in their respective arms.

The civilian candidates only have to pass a written test, which does not equate to the 6-7 years service of the forces officers.

Ok one thing...Do they volunteer for the civil service or are they recommended by some board?I mean to say do they have any say in this matter or its decided from above?

Yes they volunteer, if they fall in the criteria defined by the service.

The volunteers are then interviewed and tested by a board, which finally selects the candidates upon availability of seats.

Normally the Armed Forces Officers are only given 3 choices:

1. Foreign Services. (Maximum Seats)
2. DMG.
3. Police.

The number of seats change every year depending upon the availability.

2. DMG.
3. Police.

I think more places in Civilian institutes should be given to Military personnel.

But, there are more than three listed above: Civil Intelligence Agencies, IB, FIA etc etc.

Special Branch Police vacancies, Rangers, Construction places in NLC and Private Contracting is increasingly used in Pakistan Civil Areas.

Yes they volunteer, if they fall in the criteria defined by the service.

The volunteers are then interviewed and tested by a board, which finally selects the candidates upon availability of seats.

2. DMG.
3. Police.

The number of seats change every year depending upon the availability.

so suppose if a person from civilian side like me who clears the css test and have some knowledge and follows current affairs and international matters... but i dont have practical experience such as that of forces and is just a graduate with 16 years of education. Will i be at disadvantage over the military officer given that the thinking pattern and mentality is quite different because of background?

don't you think its a comparatively easier way to go civil service as compared to civil applicants who have to go through a rigorous written test..?

No, they have already undergone their own selection procedure, few years of military training and 4-5 years of military service in Army , Navy or PAF. The officers selected are sent to district administration, police and foreign services. As far as I know generally they are transferred in lesser number against demand of 10%.

so suppose if a person from civilian side like me who clears the css test and have some knowledge and follows current affairs and international matters... but i dont have practical experience such as that of forces and is just a graduate with 16 years of education. Will i be at disadvantage over the military officer given that the thinking pattern and mentality is quite different because of background?

You will not be compared to the Armed forces candidates.
They have their own limited quota in each batch on which they become eligible and join the CSP.

Civilians applicants are selected on their own criteria, so you just have to work hard, qualify the entrance exam.

Asalam o Alikum can any one tell me that why army officers join civil services when they know that army is more powerful in Pakistan

Asalam o Alikum can any one tell me that why army officers join civil services when they know that army is more powerful in Pakistan
That has got nothing to do with power but with the fact that Civil govt can utilize the expertise and experience of Armed forces personnel, It saves on training cost and acts payback since the amount of money spent on personnel training is now being utilised

That has got nothing to do with power but with the fact that Civil govt can utilize the expertise and experience of Armed forces personnel, It saves on training cost and acts payback since the amount of money spent on personnel training is now being utilised
are you pma cadet or pass out from pma? i want to ask some more questions to clear my doubts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom