What's new

Transfer of S-300 airdefence systems from the Russian Federation to the Islamic Republic on 18 Feb

Rukarl

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Farsnews

Iranian Defense Minister Hossein Dehqan will participate in a ceremony dedicated to the first delivery of the Russian S-300 air defense system to Iran via the Caspian Sea on February 18, a source told Sputnik Persian on Wednesday.

Finally some modernization to the country's defence forces. ABOUT TIME !

The Russians have finally honored their word. It was as if they were extorting Iran for these missiles. Very unreliable folks to team up with.

Last edited:
modern indeed , the s-300 with its components looks like a medieval sultan with his harem and concubines

You're spot on! Why not the S-400?

Probably because they won't sell iran , Russian thieves you know

S300v.jpg

Those are the greek s-300s , probably one of the most modern of them all , that's why i compared them with a medieval sultan with his harem and concubines , i bet it takes several hours to unpack these at a designated site and ready them up

Here look it's the concubine and the sultan

1020807935.jpg

S300v.jpg

Those are the greek s-300s , probably one of the most modern of them all , that's why i compared them with a medieval sultan with his harem and concubines , i bet it takes several hours to unpack these at a designated site and ready them up

1020807935.jpg

The Greek S-300s are old PMU1s, they are not very modern at all. Iran is getting the PMU2.

it will be transfered to the coast for a beautiful launch photo

The Greek S-300s are old PMU1s, they are not very modern at all. Iran is getting the PMU2.

my point is with the money we pump into russia , they should be designing a whole new system for us , instead of a soviet era system like the s-300 , how much do you think we gave russia over the Busheher nuclear reactor ?

So what happens to BAVAR-373 now ?
Its undergoing tests and it will be delivered on the due time .

good thing about this deal is that it gives more time to the B-373 project and reliefs pressure so that the outcome can be much more satisfying from previously expected .

B-373 will indeed become the crown of Iranian military achievements . it's Anti-ballistic protection will cover up major cities around the country preventing disasters from happening .

So yeah ....

based on DM dehghan's announcements the project is going very well and its systems are being tested .

it takes time but its worth it .

and BTW ,the ordered S-300 is PMU-2 version and not just any PMU-2 ,Iran ordered special upgrades on those systems as well .

S300v.jpg

1020807935.jpg

well , you blown up the concept of mobile Anti Air Defense Systems with your words ...

Iran is working on a local version called Bavar. According to defense minister it is going to be operational in 2017. After that, they will do another assessment of the whole country integrated AD systems and if need be they will also acquire S400.

i'm no expert , but the s-300 and 400 at least by their designation sound like AA systems made solely for the purpose of export , they look like too much for iran to operate easily , they are not like the Tor , i know Tor is short ranged , but the russian themselves used their BUK missiles to bring down that malaysian airliner , i know it was an airliner but still it was flying at a quite high altitude , in the balkan war they brought down the american f-117 , with their primitive 60s era SAMs not with a s-300 or 400 , and s-500 doesn't even exist , look for it in google images and you may be surprised by your find ...

Back
Top Bottom