What's new

Travelling abroad on a Pakistani passport is becoming tougher by the day

It is a shame this is the world we live in but you have to look at the ground realities- so many international terror plots from times square attempted bombings, 26/11, 7/7 and numerous others have all had Pakistani origins in one way or another. Here in UK almost every single domestic terrorist who tries to or succeeds in carrying out a terror attack is either of Pakistani origin or has visited Pakistan for training, or both. This applies to many other terrorists who receive such training when on trips to Pakistan. The links between Pakistan as a nation and terrorism are undeniable and thus clearly established and so a Pakistani may warrent extra attention it is only logical surely. If it was Canada/Belgium in the same position I would feel the same. I'm not saying ALL Pakistanis are terrorists-this is nonsense of course, but it is irrefutable fact that there is a disproportional link in the number of terrorists/attacks with some connection to Pakistan and Pakistan as a proportion of humanity.

This writer is playing the victim, and he is a victim, but does he expect nations/security services to not respond to threats/profiles? Profiling is a common tactic used by secruty services and is reasonably effective and if you look at it objectively you can see the sense behind it. Of course when you are the receiving end it isn't nice but that is the world we live in.

i have some indian mslm friends at work whose visa to US was also denied/ prolonged for the saem reason. this is not correct

For Chinese citizens

800px-VisaFreeAccessForChineseCitizen-3.PNG

For pakistani citizens

Blue marks visa on arrival

800px-PakistaniPassportVisaFree.PNG

Remove Srilanka and Egypt from both the blue lists. Both have stopped issuing visa on arrival.

ironic how khan is associated with terrorism while not a single major terrorist had that name

Its the very Ideology that is being questioned by the likes of US - mere muslim names has nothing to do here.....

I'd say that this would be nigh impossible.

When I travelled to India (Goa as well), I went through a crazy amount of checks and questioning. Why? Because I said on the visa form that my parents were born in Pakistan. That triggers everything.

In short, 3 seperate trips to the Indian High Commission here in London. Work pay slips had to be provided. That wasn't enough, then a letter of employment.

And this was all in 2007, pre-26/11.

Given you're a military man, and we're in the post-26/11 world, I can only wish you luck!

i Am from GOA i hope u liked the place and enjoyed your stay:wave:

i Am from GOA i hope u liked the place and enjoyed your stay:wave:
Yes I did thanks, it was a fantastic holiday, one of my favourites. I travelled extensively, covering both the North and the South, as well as visiting all the key beaches and main cities.

People were great, food was amazing, weather just perfect. Too much to like about the place. Took me a good couple of weeks to get rid of the holiday blues, seriously missed the place.

Hope to go back one day for sure God willing. But I'm looking into Kerala as the next trip, perhaps twinned with Mumbai.

Hope u went around new years to goa...that's the mainperiod ;)
So I hear :azn:

But I went at the end of November. It meant that tourist season was just starting, but there wasn't the crowds or throngs of tourists to put you off.

I guess the visa hassle was worth it ;)

Yes I did thanks, it was a fantastic holiday, one of my favourites. I travelled extensively, covering both the North and the South, as well as visiting all the key beaches and main cities.

People were great, food was amazing, weather just perfect. Too much to like about the place. Took me a good couple of weeks to get rid of the holiday blues, seriously missed the place.

Hope to go back one day for sure God willing. But I'm looking into Kerala as the next trip, perhaps twinned with Mumbai.

You should look at Wayanad, Thekkady, Munnar, Ernakulam (Cochin), Trivandrum and Allapuzha. If you like to rough it out you should get in to the guest house (actually a room) in the middle of the forest in Thekkady. Its awesome. Avoid the rainy season. Cause it does not rain, it pours. Best time is during the winter. And don't miss the house boats.

Check out any of the travel sites for costs. If you are used to western transport, I would recommend booking a car for the complete stay in Kerala. The bus drivers in Kerala, think they are F1 drivers.

It is a shame this is the world we live in but you have to look at the ground realities- so many international terror plots from times square attempted bombings, 26/11, 7/7 and numerous others have all had Pakistani origins in one way or another. Here in UK almost every single domestic terrorist who tries to or succeeds in carrying out a terror attack is either of Pakistani origin or has visited Pakistan for training, or both. This applies to many other terrorists who receive such training when on trips to Pakistan. The links between Pakistan as a nation and terrorism are undeniable and thus clearly established and so a Pakistani may warrent extra attention it is only logical surely. If it was Canada/Belgium in the same position I would feel the same. I'm not saying ALL Pakistanis are terrorists-this is nonsense of course, but it is irrefutable fact that there is a disproportional link in the number of terrorists/attacks with some connection to Pakistan and Pakistan as a proportion of humanity.

This writer is playing the victim, and he is a victim, but does he expect nations/security services to not respond to threats/profiles? Profiling is a common tactic used by secruty services and is reasonably effective and if you look at it objectively you can see the sense behind it. Of course when you are the receiving end it isn't nice but that is the world we live in.
Come here in Pakistan we gonna show U MI6/British giving training to the terrorists here within the far reached tribal areas and sending these terrorists to Chechnya and Daghistan ..In our country as well as the neighboring country oof Afghanistan a whole network of MI6 is running the whole terrorism network....Anythingelse U wanna know......:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom