What's new

Treatys of Lausanne and 2023

what

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
We all know the Treaty of Lausanne. Many people claim that after 2023 a lot will change, because the Treaty will expire by then. My question is (to those who know more about that) what will change?
As far as I can tell the treaty and the agreements in the treaty are permanent. Why are so many people obsessed with it?

Treaty of Lausanne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

we can make a muslim union like european union.Treaty of lausanne was most humilating treaty for muslims all over the world because the saudi family from arabian penninsula rebelled against the central goverment in constantinople and sided with british.

we can make a muslim union like european union.Treaty of lausanne was most humilating treaty for muslims all over the world because the saudi family from arabian penninsula rebelled against the central goverment in constantinople and sided with british.

You forget the role of last ottoman sultans..their corrupt and hareem is somewhat legendry..

Bribery, purchase of office, favoritism, nepotism : Promotion by merit, long the hallmark of Ottoman administration, became less common. Corruption spread to the provinces where an official would buy his office, then squeeze more taxes from the populace to reimburse himself. There were frequent shifts in judicial as well as civil officials, with justice also sometimes for sale. In the mid-to-late 17th c., the great Koprulu family of viziers attempted to root out corruption and improve administrative and military efficiency. They were temporarily successful in arresting " decline " through traditional reforms, and in 1663 Ottoman forces besieged Vienna for the second time. But in the 17th c., the Ottomans were confronted by an extended arc of opponents, Venice, Austria, Poland, Russia, and Iran, often obliged to confront several at once. In 1699, after defeat by a coalition of all Central and East European powers, the Ottomans accepted mediation, negotiated peace, and, by the Treaty of Karlowitz, for the first time gave up territories in the Balkans. The shrinking of Ottoman frontiers had begun.

Sorry dude it was not saud family but was sharif of Makkah I think his name was Hussain

We all know the Treaty of Lausanne. Many people claim that after 2023 a lot will change, because the Treaty will expire by then. My question is (to those who know more about that) what will change?
As far as I can tell the treaty and the agreements in the treaty are permanent. Why are so many people obsessed with it?

No reason to discuss on this as this is just a speculation.

No, humiliating was the treaty of Serves.

Btw is it true that North Iraq/Kirkut is rightfully Turkish soil?

No reason to discuss on this as this is just a speculation.

But that's why I'm asking bro, why are so many people eager to 2023 and the allegedly end of the treaty of Lausanne?

The main question is, will this treaty end after hundred years, in 2023?

The beneficial points for Turkey:

1. Turkey can dig, drill and use oil from own land.
2. Turkey can tax every international ship travelling through Bosphorous.

@HAKIKAT please shed some light on this.

Good question, lots of people say the same thing from all spectrums of political backgrounds.. Anyone has any more info on this 100 year contract ?

Turkey can dig, drill and use oil from own land.
We already are doing it...

That is not the lausanne agreement.. That is the montreux straits convention...

Guys we should ban non-Turks from posting in our subforum as they are just too horrifyingly ignorant and they dont hesitate to show their ignorance either.

Nothing will happen, only talk to hype up nationalism when elections are close.

What needs to be done is Turkey nationalise then bosphurus and start charging fees, decide who gets in / out etc.

You forget the role of last ottoman sultans..their corrupt and hareem is somewhat legendry..

Orientalist bullshit, go learn some history not parroting magnicent century.

The main question is, will this treaty end after hundred years, in 2023?

The beneficial points for Turkey:

1. Turkey can dig, drill and use oil from own land.

@HAKIKAT please shed some light on this.

We can already dig, drill and use any resource we have.

The treaty is permanent and will never end.

Back
Top Bottom